More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    More FREE Domains in SERPS?
    I am seeing a lot more free hosted sites (geocities, bravenet, etc) in the top SERPS for some of the searches I am doing in Google and to some degree in Yahoo. In a recent search, 3 of 10 were free-hosted in google and 1 of 10 in yahoo. This was not some obscure phrase either.

Are any of the rest of you seeing this?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

ABW Ambassador
    Same answer when you brought up blogs. A web page is a web page. There could be good blog, free and paid for pages and there can be spammy blog, free and paid for pages in the index.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    Are any of the rest of you seeing this?
    Nope, though thankfully the measure of a relevant website to any given search is not how much you're paying for the hosting of it.

Vege...

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I guess I should have worded this "I am noticeing more free hosted sites". They may have always been there - I just wasn't taking notice.

Well, a site is not a site when speaking of free sites. They load up very very slowly if they contain much for graphics. If they are pretty light on graphics, they load fine and have the free hosts ads rather than some webmaster's ads. In that respect, they probably resemble paid hosted sites more than they used to since nearly all sites have ads all over them in this day.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

You can see SE SPAM, people steal free SE traffic and resell it to PPC engines, like UMAX.com. It's a big business as I know. They make a lot of pages with keywords, host them at free hosting companies, spam blogs, guestbooks with link to these pages. When you click this page it redirect you to PPC page.
    When you click any link at this page, people get commission from PPC engine.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread