Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    2006 Goals for Affiliates & Merchants
    This is that time of the year again and we are near to the start of the next year 2006. So what are your goals going to be for the coming year?

I am an affiliate who has just started on this affiliate business so my goal as an Affiliate would be to reach 200 sales per month by the end of 2006
    (btw, am I aiming low or high ? I can revise it if it is not appropriate )

So, please set your targets and goals and share it with everyone so that we can come back to this thread anytime in 2006 and see how we are progressing and where do we stand ? Do mention whether you are setting your goals as an affiliate or as a merchant.

(for members who are into aff marketing for more than one year, you can also mention what were your 2005 goals, how much you achieved out of them and what you have left unaccomplished to carry on to the next year)

If somebody has tips to setup your goals and to revise them as you learn more things about affiliate marketing, I'll be glad to hear that too

So, let's set our goals high and reach for them
    Last edited by newaff; December 22nd, 2005 at 10:33 PM.
    The Best Forums
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

I am going to be very vague in this post because I really do not want to talk about real numbers, but here we go.

I am sole owner of one online business and have another one with 2 other equal partners.

My own business is 2 years old and it has supported me well enough to own a house and live comfortably.

The business with the 2 partners is less than a year old and is doing very well. It it the sole means of money for my partners and extra for me.

My main goal is to completly live off the earnings from the business with partners and put everything I earn from my own business away. Obviously, I can do that because there are two others that are able to live off that income, I just have to have the willpower to do it.

I just want to see if I can do it for one year and then we will go from there.

The second business will not bring enough for me to take nice vacations, buy anything huge, or do things like buy season tickets for the local hockey team, buy it would allow me to move my retirement date about 5 years earlier.

As a merchant, in 2006 I will be looking to:
    1) Utilise more effective marketing techniques.
    2) Expand product ranges and site content.
    3) Continue to provide the best service to customers as possible.
    4) Increase sales by at least 500% (we are pretty new, so I think this is achievable)
    5) Increase number of repeat customers.
    6) Take a day or two vacation :-)

ABW Ambassador
    As an affiliate I hope to make a decent living with my affiliate sites, and will probably make more affiliate sites when I have the time.

Rather than put all my eggs in one basket, I will go over to the merchant side with my cafepress shop.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Want to make more content sites where I can explore my creativity. will probably by mid 2006 come up with something related to music where I can promote my and others' music using the new media that is coming up thanks to the widespread use of broad-band internet.

On the money front, want to continue coming up with new ideas where my websites are actually a help to the user wanting to make the purchase rather than just SEO spam datafeed sites. Want to come up with more and more creative ways to use merchant datafeeds and explore how the market responds to particular sites. Will try and see if I can promote a market online that is otherwise not very popular ... i.e will try and promote many of the smaller merchants with lower EPCs and green bar rankings.

And.. Last but not the least, will try and see if I can expand my music project into a grand, state of the art merchant program in both the US and TWC and use the new media to make independent underground music more competitive with the mainstream stuff....

Oh, and i'm starting an ad-agency too got a lovely creative team to back me up on that. already done some projects, gonna take that further.. seems like a busy busy year ahead...
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    .... and I have been writing a book ... since almost a year now . .should complete that by june ... it's a fiction with a spirituality theme to it... watch out for that, gonna be real fun! .....
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

Talking
    My goal is to make enough money this year to buy the internet and then remove all websites from it except for mine.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    My goal is to make enough money this year to buy the internet and then remove all websites from it except for mine.
    Awwww, isn't that sweet BurgerBoy.... I can see you're the sharing type, makes me warm all over...

lol...
    Susan Arts
    Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Moxy Media

Goal for 2006: $1,000 a day in commissions as an AM.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Sounds great to me. My pieces of the Net will cost you only $500 million USD.

So, when may I expect payment?
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    2006:

Structural site modifications and the doubling of site conversions.

Concluding more white label site partnerships.

My goal for 2006 is to successfully manage the affiliate program that we are about to launch shortly.

cheers!
    -nishith

Diversify marketing sources
    Expand affiliate business
    Monitize traffic more efficiently
    Alternative Billing options
    Develope a better tolerance for the following:
    - stupid people
    -the driving dead
    - stupid people

ABW Ambassador
    1. Make more money in 2006 than 2005. Continued growth.
    2. Finish my Christmas site.
    3. Improve my main site.
    4. Work my newsletter a little better. Room for improvement there.
    5. More national exposure/mentions.
    6. Spend more on PPC. Not throwing money away but slowly finding and adding money making PPC campaigns thru the year.
    7. Become as much of a master as possible at offline advertising. I went to school for marketing and reading some of my old textbooks and Guerrilla Marketing has gotten me a few new ideas.
    8. Get Oprah to mention my site. Ongoing goal. Dare to dream
    9. Basically just make more money next year than this one.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateBuddha
    .... and I have been writing a book ... since almost a year now . .should complete that by june ... it's a fiction with a spirituality theme to it... watch out for that, gonna be real fun! .....
    I wanna read this!!!! And if you want to self publish, talk to me
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

http and a telephoto
    My goal for 2006 is to enable a lot of people to make a lot money as both shopkeepers and affiliates for CafePress.com

Have I mentioned I love my new job?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I want to make enough money so that I only work 30 hrs a wk at the day job. (That's the minimum to keep my health insurance and disability insurance). 4 days instead of 5 would be a nice change.

Learn PPC so I won't be a slave to google and others.

Add 1500 pages of orginal content to may main site. It seems to take about 25 pages of content to 1 page of affiliate links for me to get high google rankings.

Learn how to automate the product portions of my site (but still have lots of orginal content), so they stay up to date.

Be more like Leader.

Jazz Times

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Sounds great to me. My pieces of the Net will cost you only $500 million USD.

So, when may I expect payment?

Are monthly payments ok ($10.00 per month) ???

Are monthly payments ok ($10.00 per month) ???
    Sorry, but I don't offer financing.
    You can always try getting a Jumbo Loan from your financial institution (or some venture capitalist) for the whole amount...maybe they'll have terms favorable to you!

Talking
    Maybe I could get a loan from Mike and Charlie.

He's the only one here making a lot of money.

Hmmm Goals I wish I was good at goals that would be one.

1)
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I'm finally awake enough to think about goals...

Of course, the Big Goal is to make enough to retire RICH, ASAP! Then, spend the rest of my days enjoying the wealth!

But for now:

As an affiliate:
    Storm the gates of the Goofle and/or Yahoo Fortress. Seize total control of the Ranks and maintain a total monarchy until I have at least $1 million (after which point, it won't matter if they ban everything!).

Invest properly, so the next time it tanks I can just laugh.

Make at least one site "for PPC" that will convert like mad. Make it ASAP, maybe even tonight(!), kind of like how medicine gets gulped down. So the terrible taste of the w*rk involved doesn't make me gag before I get it done! (In other words, actually write the sales spin for this one rather than just popping the feed through.)

Figure out how to code the AM AI I envision, and do it. Buy a wig, to cover the fact that I'll probably pull out all my hair in the process. Or just shave my head in advance! But, dammitall, it makes perfect sense to crack an algo, with another algo.

Merchant side:

Make GoodBulbs THE place to go for tulips and lilies.

Get lots of return customers due to superior product and service.

Get tons of new customers! Advertise, advertise, advertise. Affiliates, SEs, PPC, the side of the Space Shuttle ( )...

Longer term:
    Eventually get so big, and sell so many bulbs, that I need to use the "semi-truck" entrance at the wholesaler's to pick up my mega-order!! And that I need to get a big building to do the packing in, and hire lots of employees!

Buy up the competition.

Get so dominant in the industry, that the FTC cares!

my goal in 2006 that i finish the 15 sites that am working on now (so pple pay me my cash) and that 2006 will be better than 2005 coz i really hate this year really nothing good in

Isn't it a little early for 2006 goals?

Haha. With one website (yours), it wouldn't be an Internet anymore and you would have wasted your money buying it in the first place.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast