CJ International Publisher Payment Experiences?
    I am curious to hear about the experiences of international publishers with CJ as far as getting paid is concerned. By international in this context I mean people outside the US, UK, France, Germany, or Canada, i.e. where direct deposit is not available. I myself might be becoming international in 2006 and I'm concerned about losing my direct deposit to my US account when this happens (CJ customer support is insisting that they won't be able to continue this if I become a non-US resident, even though my account in the US will remain open and unchanged, which makes no sense to me).

I don't like the idea of large commission checks coming through the mail from the USA. Also, since they'll be foreign checks when they get to my country, it'll take the local banks several weeks to clear them, and charges of around 0.5% or so will be incurred. The alternative would be to put them back in the mail to my US bank. Another international mailing I'd like to avoid...

What do other international publishers receiving decent commissions (i.e. enough to worry about) do?

And can't CJ do anything to address this situation in this day and age? If publishers have US bank accounts, why stop direct deposit??? What about other electronic payment methods - SWIFT transfers, Paypal, etc? I'd be happy to pay reasonable charges if that's what's needed to guarantee fast and reliable payment once I leave the US.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

I'm a US citizen living in Europe and can't take advantage of direct deposit. CJ checks normally arrive during the first week of the month, are paid in Euros, and are drawn on Deutsche Bank in Germany. I deposit them in my local bank and they take until the end of the month to clear. I incur two fees - one from Deutsche Bank when they issue the check and another (28 Euros) from my local bank. So, for example, the funds from a comish check issued on December 20 will become available to me at the end of January.

It's a shame I have to incur all of this lag. Google AdSense does direct deposits to my non-US bank and since CJ is part of the European ValueClick there should be no reason why they can't do direct deposits to EU banks, but that's the way it is at the moment.

I've mixed experience with CJ payment. By mixed I mean I get the check on time, but cashing it out takes long time also. I'm from India and always getting my checks on time promised by CJ. Say, payment for September was sent between 21st to 25th of October and it takes about 8 days for the check to arrive. Then, the check needs to be submitted in my bank for cash-out. It takes another 20 to 25 days. It's really boring. I requested CJ to consider other payment options for International Publisher like through iKobo.com , paypal etc.

Hope, CJ will consider this issue with highest concern.

I live in pakistan, I too will be happy if CJ support direct deposit for my country. Currently it takes 9-15 days for check to arrive by mail, and another 9 days after I deposit it to the bank. It was the first bank where I opened my account for Google Adsense checks, and I'm satisfied with their services, because If I deposit my check to any other bank, it takes 30-35 days to get the money in my account, but for my bank, it takes no more than 9 days.

Quote Originally Posted by nabeelk
    I live in pakistan, I too will be happy if CJ support direct deposit for my country. Currently it takes 9-15 days for check to arrive by mail, and another 9 days after I deposit it to the bank. It was the first bank where I opened my account for Google Adsense checks, and I'm satisfied with their services, because If I deposit my check to any other bank, it takes 30-35 days to get the money in my account, but for my bank, it takes no more than 9 days.
    You're lucky on the 9 days clearing time. In Europe all the banks I've talked to take 30-60 days. Not to mention the charges they stick onto it. And of course there's the initial week or two for the check to get here in the mail.

I stand by my position - CJ should find some way of getting payment to international publishers faster & more reliably than the mail + foreign check clearing double whammy (cheaper would be nice too).
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread