ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs down Cabelas
    I'm not sure if Cabelas still has an affiliate program (pretty sure they did), but I thought I'd share my frustrating experience...

I didn't know what to get for my fiance's uncle, so it was recommended that I have a Cabelas gift card sent to him because he likes to hunt, as does the rest of the family... Great idea... so I go to their site, add the gift card to my cart & then have to register. The registration asks for your shipping and billing address & you can see that further along in the process it will ask for gift information. Thinking I can enter his address in the gift info page, I keep going... Apparently that's not an option, so I try to go back to change my shipping info to his. It won't let me go back.
    Frustrated, I get on the phone & am told that the people handling phone orders are completely separate from those that handle web orders & he doesn't even know what their site looks like. Great. So, I provide all of my information again, only to be told that they cannot ship to a P.O. Box. WTF? Most of her family only use P.O. Boxes & cannot have anything shipped to their homes, not that I even had his home address anyway.
    So, I say forget this, end the call & get back on their site & complete the order, having the gift card sent to me via UPS for $6.00. I get the package a couple days later (gift card and heavy catalog) and rush right over to the post office to have it sent via Priority Express, which costs me almost $6.00 more...
    The damn gift card was only for $30 and it cost me nearly half that to maybe get it to my fiance's uncle by Christmas. Never again Cabelas, never again.

So...... if they do have an affiliate program, and anyone is promoting them, good luck & keep your visitors away from their gift cards! Not only do they have their phone number all over their site, they make the online shopping experience miserable & provide a catalog to further sway customers away from their web site. What a joke. Maybe they should stick to shooting things...

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Celicaphile
    I'm not sure if Cabelas still has an affiliate program (pretty sure they did), but I thought I'd share my frustrating experience...

I didn't know what to get for my fiance's uncle, so it was recommended that I have a Cabelas gift card sent to him because he likes to hunt, as does the rest of the family... Great idea... so I go to their site, add the gift card to my cart & then have to register. The registration asks for your shipping and billing address & you can see that further along in the process it will ask for gift information. Thinking I can enter his address in the gift info page, I keep going... Apparently that's not an option, so I try to go back to change my shipping info to his. It won't let me go back.
    Frustrated, I get on the phone & am told that the people handling phone orders are completely separate from those that handle web orders & he doesn't even know what their site looks like. Great. So, I provide all of my information again, only to be told that they cannot ship to a P.O. Box. WTF? Most of her family only use P.O. Boxes & cannot have anything shipped to their homes, not that I even had his home address anyway.
    So, I say forget this, end the call & get back on their site & complete the order, having the gift card sent to me via UPS for $6.00. I get the package a couple days later (gift card and heavy catalog) and rush right over to the post office to have it sent via Priority Express, which costs me almost $6.00 more...
    The damn gift card was only for $30 and it cost me nearly half that to maybe get it to my fiance's uncle by Christmas. Never again Cabelas, never again.

So...... if they do have an affiliate program, and anyone is promoting them, good luck & keep your visitors away from their gift cards! Not only do they have their phone number all over their site, they make the online shopping experience miserable & provide a catalog to further sway customers away from their web site. What a joke. Maybe they should stick to shooting things...
    LOL - like affiliates? Might as well
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Angry
    gift cards.................
    Apparently the general public loves them, I don't know why. A lot of cards have 'maintenance fees' or some such where the value of the card decreases over time if not used. A year old card could be worth $0 if not used. Also when you buy something for say $15 w/ a $20 gift card, often they WONT give your change in REAL MONEY! Hey! This card was bought with REAL MONEY!-where is my change???
    But I'm a hypocrite, I actually bought one as a present this year.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simcat
    gift cards.................
    Apparently the general public loves them, I don't know why. A lot of cards have 'maintenance fees' or some such where the value of the card decreases over time if not used. A year old card could be worth $0 if not used. Also when you buy something for say $15 w/ a $20 gift card, often they WONT give your change in REAL MONEY! Hey! This card was bought with REAL MONEY!-where is my change???
    But I'm a hypocrite, I actually bought one as a present this year.
    I think this is different by state. In CA, gift cards cannot expire, as they are supposed to be "like cash" and have to be honored whenever ... as long as the merchant is still in business, their gift cards have to be honored. They're great if you know the person will use it and loves that specific store. They're also especially nice for teens ... better than giving cash which tends to get used for various "other" stuff the gift giver could never imagine. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Cabelas+ ebates = not on my site ever.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    I've found gift cards a few years after I originally received them & saw the "maintenance fee" mentioned, but when I called the toll free number on the back, I had the full amount left (I'm in CA, so maybe that's why)... And every gift card I've ever used, as long as there was five dollars or less on it (one time even ten dollars) I got the change back in cash... It depends on the store and the clerk... some just don't care
    I've had a manager (he was a boss of mine at another store many years prior) tell me that they actually make quite a bit of money on gift certificate sales because a lot of people never use them... so, that's free cash for the store...

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread