Wanting to get started as a Merchant
    Hello Guys!
    I am a merchant that wants to start an affiliate program with SAS. I am a total newbie at this and could really use some hand-holding. Hopefully, you guys can help me get started.

1. My problem is that I'm not too sure if it's for them to place their "software" on my server. My website is hosted through the e-commerce site, MarketWorks. I do not have access to their servers. All I can do is get into my website to edit content, but nothing really behind the scenes. I am able to place conversion tracking codes at the end of my checkout, like what Google provides. Is this what they mean by placing our software?

2. I need to design some banners. I have searched this forum and found a few recommended designers. However, I would like to try it myself first. What (easy-to-use) software would you recommend? I found a few flash ad banner makers, like Amara's and Gatordata's (are there better ones, I found these two limiting). Do affilaites post flash banners, or should I strictly design gif's? What are the top 3 sizes of banners I should make?

3. I see a lot of talk about datafeeds. Are these the same types of feeds that we would send to Froogle? If I am able to export all my inventory in csv format, would that work as someone's datafeed?

Thank you guys very much! I hope to be doing business with some of you very soon. My products sell very fast and easy!

I'll take any bit of help, please.

You might want to give SAS a call about question 1, but if you can place tracking codes at the end of the checkout process, then you should be able to get the SAS tracking working.

As for 2, I personally dislike flash banners. I like to use banner rotation scripts, and the simple one that I use wouldn't work with a flash banner. I mainly use banner sizes of 468x60, 120x60, 120x600, but I can't speak for everyone else.

I would think you could use the feed you submit to Froogle as a feed through SAS. Once again, SAS might be the ones best suited to answer that one.

Hope that helps.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Thank you Scott for your help.

Do you know of any banner design software you'd recommend?

The only time I've ever made any graphics, I just used MS Paint to make them, but I doubt you'd want to use that for your business. Sorry
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

ABW Ambassador
    Arrow Contact
    SAS phone says that they are out until 1/3/2006 BUT

to Email them with your questions at shareasale@shareasale.com

Michael is responding to Email

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread