http and a telephoto
    Once a year mushy post....
    I just want to say that over the last three years I have gone from a green newbie to now embarking on a new career as an Affiliate Program Manager and I need to share that ABW and it's members have been a huge part of that growth. I have gone from being a hermit to being ready to take on the world.

Some of the people that have been instrumental in my growth and reblossoming are no longer at ABW, but they are still in my heart and are my friends. I want to publically acknowledge some of the great new friends and the influencers that have helped shape my current state of wellbeing Yeah, that sounds corny, but I *did* say this was going to be a mushy post!!!!!

Haiko
    He is the master of community, without this community, with the good and bad members, with the good and bad discussions, with the hotly contested topics, I would have never learned about parasiteware, adware and the good and bad sides of affiliate marketing. I would have never made the great friends I now have, I would have never met the people that challenge my brain. Having a place to discuss and debate this industry has been key in my personal and professional development. I appreciate that diverse opiniions and views are allowed (don't through eggs at me, I know some are not tolerated but in general there is a great deal of latitude ). Haiko, you have become a friend, and friends can disagree and debate and at the end of the day, they respect and support each other. I look forward to our continued friendship and future friendly debates ... It seems I attract people that love to debate

SandraR
    Gone but not forgotten! SandraR and I got off to a rocky start! But at the end of the day, we became friends and she is another person that challenges the brain to think of things in new and different ways. She taught me much in my early days, and our debates have become classic. She still challenges my brain and keeps me on my toes!

Heidi
    The quiet friend An inspiration and another person that challenges me to think outside of the box. A nice surprize to find you live so close, and it has been great to get to know you "in person" too. Even though I am moving far away, we still have a great friendship to build on.

DannyK
    I thought you were a dumpy, bald woodworking guy, mid 50's probably and was shocked to meet you in person and find a vibrant, inspiring young man with a unique personality. Talk about challenging my brain!!! You woke up parts of my brain that I thought were long gone. In the few short months we have been friends you have opened up new vistas to me and helped me see that all things are possible. Today is going to be a wonderful day.....

Shawn C and Robert G
    Yes, I am including them in my mushy post. They are instrumental also in building my confidence to be where I am today. Shawn enabled me to meet in person the people that are now so important in my life, that I "met" here first, but that I have now met in real life. Robert gave me the confidence to reach out of my shell and put myself out there at his online event.

and finally, Billy Kay, the man, the myth, the legend
    It seems my first PM from Billy Kay was in April of 2004, but it seems like we have known each other forever. An inspriration, someone that listens to me whether I am ranting or happy or sad, a person that works in his pajamas and lives life the way I would love to live life. Passionate about his son, his work, his lifestyle. Work hard and play hard. I am still trying to learn to do the play hard part....

Where ever the future goes, all of you helped get me there.

Whenever I ride high on life I worry about the other shoe dropping... this time I am not worried because it has been many years since I felt this great about my future and I know that the people that are around me now will be there if that next "bad thing" happens and will make sure I don't sink to the depths of despair I was in until recently. June 10, 2005 marked a huge change in my life and you are all a part of it.

I am looking forward to a new year for the first time in a very long time, let's rock in 2006!!!! I thank Haiko for giving me a place to meet the people that have become Team Loxly

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Thanks Deb...

You're "family" - and that's what the holidays are all about

http and a telephoto
    Also forgot to mention how I first found ABW.... David Cusimano's forum here is what first brought me here and years ago when I met Shawn C I asked him where I should go to learn about Affiliate Marketing and without hesitation he said ABestWeb. Through the years that answer has never changed.....

My New Year's wish is for the powers in the Aff Marketing community to pull together and work together even more as a team....

Deb, I've been here for 6 months or so and ABW has already become an integral part of my daily life. I can only imagine how much ABW might mean to you. Merry Christmas to you and the wonderful ABW family.

cheers!
    -nishith

That's beautiful, Deb.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Hey Deb,

Merry Christmas to you and all at ABW. I feel very much the same about ABW ... it becomes the virtual family Haiko envisioned it to be very quickly. We learn much, learn to care about each other and learn that life in "the box" and in "the chair" doesn't have to be so lonely or isolated.

I know we will all share each others successes in 2006 and rally round those who are having a low point.

I've resisted posting my own "mushy" message ... glad you did though. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Thanks Deb - I too am very glad we met and yes it was very much a bonus that we live in the same area. It was hard for me coming back to this area after a 10 year absense and meeting new friends, you have been an integral part of my healing process and learning how to live again. I also thank you for introducing me to your son - he has brought much peace, love and laughter back into my life. Merry Christmas and all the best with your bright new future!
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

http and a telephoto
    {{{{{{{{hugs to everyone}}}}}}}}}}}

For the first time in several years, I really did have a Merry Christmas. Surrounded by my family and my virtual family and friends.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

my first day here. And LOXLY let me know this is right place for me to stay. I will come here often.

Emily in China

blog.w@hotmail.com

http and a telephoto
    Welcome Emily Start reading and learning
    Deborah Carney

Good things are happening, and will continue to - zero grey area!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Good things are happening, and will continue to - zero grey area!
    YOU BETCHA!!!!!!
    Deborah Carney

ABW Ambassador
    ABW is really like a family. A circle of friends we may never meet, but the friendship, the help we give one another is for real.

hello Loxly
    i am in the same shoes you where in a couple of years ago,
    besides this site, are there any books or other litures that you found helpful. it is anyways nice to see a success story, as well as, seeing that person being grateful to those that help them get ahead.

Personal/professional

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread