Set Up Laptops For Christmas
    Well christmas is here and my phone is ringing off the hook. Seems that everyone in my neighborhood got a laptop for Christmas and wants me to set it up.

My job is to put spybot, lavasoft, avg etc. Everything to keep the bad guys out. Just did two laptops for my nephew and my niece. Nice laptops aol preloaded systemax from Tiger.

Downloaded all the updates from aol dial up time was 75 minutes, dsl 3 minutes so they were hooked up to cat 5 once I found that out. I actually used a dial up at first and that was a mistake. Can't wait for the day that dial up goes bye bye.

Some useful information is that aol spyware checker does not remove tracking cookies by default but there is a box to check if you want them too. I would think most people would leave it alone.

I tried to search for my sites using aol and couldn't find any all it had listed are sites that link to mine. Very strange but hey I am there somewhere lol.

I went to my google stats to see how many people have found my site using dial up and it was less than 5%.

Merry Christmas
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I treated myself to a new Dell Inspiron 6000 with ALL the goodies. While the kids are playing with the new X-box and other toys, I'm sitting here at the dining room table setting up my new laptop. Boy is this thing FAST!!!!!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

http and a telephoto
    Well christmas is here and my phone is ringing off the hook. Seems that everyone in my neighborhood got a laptop for Christmas and wants me to set it up.
    Been there Done that!!! lol.

Ron, I get a new laptop in a week or two, can't wait!!! And I seem to remember I friend in Las Vegas saying I get to help him set up a new one too I love setting up new computers
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I am waiting for windows vista before I upgrade my road laptop. Actually I am, thinking about replacing my road laptop with a treo 650. I hate checking stats on the road
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

http and a telephoto
    treo... need to look at those !!! I need new toys
    Deborah Carney

I have been putting it off long enough need to get one. Just have to see if it has my favorite program Notepad on it. This way I can update my rss feeds also. Dang what happen to the days when I didn't know how to copy and paste lol

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    Actually I am, thinking about replacing my road laptop with a treo 650. I hate checking stats on the road
    Vinny, just got mine on Dec 1 when my Sprint plan was elligible for the rebates.

The TREO 650 rocks...have all our merchant sites in the blazer browser, passwords locked and loaded and have the versa mail running smoothly....

Now i can spend less time behind my desk and still have all my tools, sites and info I need to run my consulting buss.

Still getting used to the "feel" though, a bit bulkier than my old cell phone....but I love all the data and applications at my disposal....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

a nice toy but wish it had a better camera than the wimpy 0.3 megapixels

Thanks Andy - That is what I needed to hear, My rebates kicked in last week myself. $200 off, have no clue why I am waiting.

http and a telephoto
    I have Sprint!!! What rebates??? Which plan??? ugh!!!! I want a new toy and rebates to pay for it!!!! LOL. nish, that camera is for fun only, lololol. .3 mp? Does that count as a camera?? My 8mp is laughing..... seriously, it heard you and is laughing.
    Deborah Carney

Remember to check ebay. I got my Treo 600 for only $77.00 there a couple of months ago and it looks brand new, great battery life. But be careful you buy one that is unlocked or is locked to your provider as it may not work if you don't check carefully.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    I have Sprint!!! What rebates??? Which plan??? ugh!!!! I want a new toy and rebates to pay for it!!!! LOL. nish, that camera is for fun only, lololol. .3 mp? Does that count as a camera?? My 8mp is laughing..... seriously, it heard you and is laughing.
    Deb, Vinny -

http://www.sprint.com/business/produ..._pdaPhones.jsp

Mine works great....

I am also playing with and trying to configure this app: http://www.mobihand.com/treocentral/product.asp?id=718

bought it last week still messing with it...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Affiliate Manager
    I am waiting for windows vista before I upgrade my road laptop. Actually I am, thinking about replacing my road laptop with a treo 650. I hate checking stats on the road
    I am personally waiting for the Treo 700. It is supposed to be available on the Verizon network within the next couple weeks. It will also be windows based which could be nice.

Thanks for the info but after reading about it on treo forums I will choose the 650, maybe I should wait until jan 5th so the price drops on it. That is when the new treo comes out.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    There's another cool device - it's called the XDA IIi here in TWC, I guess they call it an MDA in the US, .. or an i-mate .. I'm not too sure. .. it's a windows mobile pocket PC phone, with high-speed GPRS, it's as good as carrying an (almost) broad-band connected PC with you where ever you go. it's cool for email, checking stats,..

It's got a nice 1.3 Mpix cam, and you can run all kinds of cool pocket PC software on it. I love having skype on the phone. it's got a built in wifi card and all that . .. been using it for six months now without any complaint
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

http and a telephoto
    Too many choices!!!!!
    Deborah Carney

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    I treated myself to a new Dell Inspiron 6000 with ALL the goodies. While the kids are playing with the new X-box and other toys, I'm sitting here at the dining room table setting up my new laptop. Boy is this thing FAST!!!!!
    Just got mine today, I love the widescreen. My last laptop, an Insprion 5100, had a 32MB graphic card, this baby has 128MBs. Christmas came late but I'm still a happy camper

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    nyf- Make sure to add your sites to their 'favorites' when you install everything else!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Wanted to post this update in case anyone else is thinking about a treo 650 and uses verizon.

Just got rid of the treo 650 and went back to my old phone. It seems that there is a lot of problems with the treo's that were supplied to Verizon. The sound quality is one problem and since you cant hear anyone on the phone it is useless.

I will still keep the treo though and use it to create content on it and transfer it over to the computer and use it as an mp3 player also. What a shame this thing cost me a lot but I have a way of recouping the cost. This experience will become a few nice pages for my cell phone sites.

I already have a couple of laptops, but treated myself to two 24" LCD monitors (dual display mode) this last january after x-mas.

Though I am thinking of getting a tablet pc this fall. Mainly to test, design and play around with our Kiosk software.

Just got rid of the treo 650 and went back to my old phone. It seems that there is a lot of problems with the treo's that were supplied to Verizon. The sound quality is one problem and since you cant hear anyone on the phone it is useless.
    V,

http://software.everythingtreo.com/product.asp?id=808

Lock and load buddy...

Thanks Andy

I downloaded that and I still could barely hear people. I have been on forums for a few weeks and it is just useless if you are using a verizon phone

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread