Unhappy Who wants to help this loser?
    Hi,

I've pasted and repasted my eBay affiliate script into my web pages a dozen times and they don't work. I create them in ebay's "editor kit" but I also have a commission junction account that is supposed to monitor my ebay traffic, stuff, I guess. Anywho, the script I'm trying to use is the one where you can get the ebay search results for any category or keyword to show up on your own web site/page (which it does) only when I click on the link of any auction displayed, all I get is a white page.

Otherwise, I'm really comfortable using the editor and the look of the script it produces...I just need to understand or figure out how to get the links to work.

So, if anyone uses ebay "kit editor" scripts on their site can you go through the steps you take in order to get the scripts up and running on your site and I'll see if I am doing anything wrong.? Thank you.

M

You're certainly asking for a lot. Maybe you should post the steps you take and someone might see a problem.

The first thing when asking for a favor is to do what you can to make it easy. Makes it look like you appreciate what you're getting. Otherwise it looks like you think we owe you something.

The people here are very helpful, but nobody likes to be taken advantage of.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

One quick thing I can think of is your CJ PID, sometimes a space gets in there somehow and it breaks the link (usually when you cut and paste it directly from the CJ interface)...I had it happen to me many times and it drove me batty trying to figure it out.

Check to make sure there are no spaces in front of or behind your PID.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Quote Originally Posted by missdonna
    Maybe you should post the steps you take and someone might see a problem.
    Okay, donna. I'll give it a go:

The first thing I do is log into my ebay account. Then I go directly to the "Affiliates" link at the bottom of the ebay main page.

Then I click on "Tools"

Then I click on "Editor Kit"

Then I click on "Create Editor Kit"

In the "Sniplet Creator", I choose "Custom Display".

Then I choose the various customization options...such as...colors, fonts, width, keywords, Open in new window, category, etc...

Then, at the bottom of the sniplet page, under "Tracking Services", I choose Commission Junction as my tracking provider, enter my tracking ID, and then enter my Commission Junction SID.

Then I click "Continue".

That takes me to the page with the code for the affiliate script.

I copy the script and paste it into my web pages' source code.

Now what happens is...the script displays properly, but none of the links to auctions on ebay work. I just get a blank white page.

And that's the whole process.

I was just hoping that maybe someone would come along that has already been through this problem, and knows the answer, could post how they fixed it. I would never expect others, who've never experienced this, to troubleshoot for me.

Quote Originally Posted by suzigeek
    One quick thing I can think of is your CJ PID, sometimes a space gets in there somehow and it breaks the link (usually when you cut and paste it directly from the CJ interface)...I had it happen to me many times and it drove me batty trying to figure it out.

Check to make sure there are no spaces in front of or behind your PID.
    Did that cause your affiliate links to load blank white pages?

I don't remember with ebay what happened its been a long while since I've set up pages with them using the editor kit. I do remember having the same problem your having though and the only problem I can remember is my pid having spaces.

With other merchants it would just redirect to their front page.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Sounds like you entered your CID instead of a Website PID.
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

Quote Originally Posted by Akiva
    Sounds like you entered your CID instead of a Website PID.
    I'm not home right now but I'll check my affiliate info later and confirm if this is indeed the problem. However, for now, I don't think I entered a wrong number. Thanks to everyone for their responses.

On the eBay editor's kit page where you get the code you should also see, below the code box, a sample of what your page will look like - and you can test the links right there before pasting it into your web page. Are you getting bad links there or only when you paste into your web page? After you paste it into your web page are you getting blank page link returns from the uploaded, online page or from a WSYWIG html preview page, or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Proverb
    On the eBay editor's kit page where you get the code you should also see, below the code box, a sample of what your page will look like - and you can test the links right there before pasting it into your web page. Are you getting bad links there or only when you paste into your web page? After you paste it into your web page are you getting blank page link returns from the uploaded, online page or from a WSYWIG html preview page, or both?
    You're a genius. I should have thought of that in the first place. Ebay said it's possible I altered their code but I never changed a thing. I will try your experiment, asap. Thanks!

Yep, that's where the problem is originating. I'm now exploring their troubleshoot guide for possible fixes. I might have entered a wrong tracking id.

I've had the same problem. Some pages they would work great, others they would not.

Sometimes they'd show up after a few refreshes.

I replaced the ones that kept giving me problems with keyword links. Haven't had a problem with the keyword links yet. Knock on wood!

Don

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread