Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    This can be such a tough question. I'd prefer to simply email CJ and ask about a problem, but so many times, I never get a reply. Oh yes, I get their generic form email acknowledging the original email, and that the problem is now "solved" unless I reply saying it was not, but rarely is it.

So I post the problem here sometimes, and I see others do the same, and it seems the only time anything gets fixed on CJ is when people are ranting and raving about the problem. Then CJ becomes defensive and people run to CJ's aid and then the original problem gets lost.

So, I'm posting ONE more time. Nicely.

I just want the email thing to work on CJ. When I get a reply from a merchant to one of my questions, I want:

1. that merchant's name to come up on the "to" field when I click on the reply button. I don't want to fish through 250+ programs to find them. Every email program going back to the 80's works like this. Someone sends you a msg, you hit reply, and their address gets put into the "to" field.

2. Quoting. Again, every email program I've ever used, when you hit "quote" it quotes the original reply and then I can answer each point, on a point by point basis.

Maybe CJ really doesn't understand, but these kinds of problems are very disruptive to a day's progress. And the system used to work about a year ago.

If you agree, at least reply with "yea!" and maybe CJ will recognize this as a real problem. Or if any of you know of some other way to contact with the merchants directly, just let me know what you are using and I'll be happy to change.

Thank you.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    affjus-

I've found that pressing both thumbs to my middle fingers, holding my arms out and saying "aaauuuuhhhhhmmmmmmmm, aaaauuuuuuhhhhhmmmmmm" sometimes works.

It doesn't solve the problem, but it gets my heart rate back down under 300, lol.

Oh, and yes, an easy REPLY would be great for CJ.

ABW Ambassador
    I agree it's silly the way it is.

Add my voice to the chorus requesting improvements!!!

Elisabeth Archambault

Count me in too...

One more request can CJ state the merchant's name on the deactivated/status email that we receive?

ABW Ambassador
    Man, I've asked CJ that very question (name of merchant on email notification) at least 2 times this year. Both times they tell us to log in and see. What is so hard about just stating it in the email? It seems like a no brainer to me.

Thanks for your support and thanks for bringing it up also.

Yes. Email system needs improvement, definitely..

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'm with you guys/girls on this one!

The CJ mail definitely takes too many "work-arounds" just to get the same result as what one click does on a regular email program!

And no, deleting the CJ internal email capability altogether IS NOT a "solution"! (Yes, that was actually threatened by CJ a few months ago...)

ABW Ambassador
    Count me in - the system sucks, CJ are really letting themselves, and us, down with this one.

Outsourced Program Manager Bryan Rhodes's Avatar
    CJ email is the worst part of my day! When you approve an affiliate, the CJ email system saves every approval to the sent items folder. When I go look for a personal email I sent to an affiliate, I have to sort through 2000 generic "you are approved emails." I've tried deleting them and that just crashes the system.

CJ email makes the U.S. Postal Service look quick!!

I can't believe the emails I send to affiliates don't get sent with our company name on them.

Let's make them improve this,

Bryan

What really bugs me is that CJ's automated reply says they will get back to you in 72 hours (I think that is what is is) and then they don't get back in that amount of time. I had one email take two weeks without a reply.

Either reply within the stated time they say they will or drop that from the automated response. It only makes us upset (and then create a three page post about it here).

The CJ Mail tab is being replaced with an announcement center. This is why no improvements have been made to the current feature.

Say What?

-BluesX

Todd, can you tell us more about this new feature please?

ABW Ambassador
    So, we have merchants & affiliates ( and Leader! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ) unhappy with the email system the way it is! That's GREAT! ... (I think... :confused: )

As to the "announcement" thing mentioned by Todd, that doesn't sound like it's going to resolve the problem. I'm just asking for some basic email functionability on the existing system. What you allude to is some new system of undisclosed nature. That's like me saying "I've got a tooth ache." and the dentist replying with "We are moving to a nice new building."

Hey, that's great. But it's not solving my problem. (and my tooth still hurts.)

:rolleyes:

Call me impatient, but we've already waited a year to get back to where we were, and I don't really recall the CJ email system ever being "friendly."

What does it take for this issue to become a high priority?

(Rolling Stone - Satisfaction, playing in the background.) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 07-03-2002: Message edited by: AffJus ]

quote:
    The CJ Mail tab is being replaced with an announcement center.

:confused: What are you saying - that you're getting rid of CJ Mail and putting up an announcement center in it's place? :confused:

The new announcement center will provide members information/notification on changes to advertiser programs or CJ systems. There will be no two-way messaging in the announcement center.

Communications between advertisers and publishers will be done via normal email (yourname@yoursite.com).

The goal of these feature changes is to improve functionality and information exchange for CJ memebers.

I cannot provide more details on the changes at this time. There will be documentation available in the CJU section once the features are released in the near future.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:

The goal of these feature changes is to improve functionality and information exchange for CJ memebers.

There will be documentation available in the CJU section once the features are released in the near future.

Or in other words - it's a pain so we're scrapping it and, rather than take on board our affiliates ideas and wishes we're just gonna give them what we want and they'll have to put up with that.

Todd,

The original question and much of the followup posts related to not being able to get a response from CJ in a timely manner to support issues. Your last post here, stating there will be no more two way communication between publishers and affiliates via CJ makes it also sound like there is no two way communication between affiliates and CJ. Surely there will still be a way for us to contact CJ regarding probelms (other than ABW)? I think you may have missed the intent of the original post.

I like the idea of contacting the company directly as I don't check my CJ email regularly unless I'm having a problem with a publisher. However, I think CJ needs to supply us with the appropriate email address that we should use. Otherwise it may take weeks for our emails to make it to the correct person if we have to find it ourselves.

ABW Ambassador
    Okay, so you are scrapping CJ Mail.

fine. It sucked anyways.

So now, every merchant we join, we will have some official contact email address for them, and we contact them directly when we have problems/questions?

Okay, fine. I can do that. BUT, what about contacting CJ? Do we just send email to support@cj.com or what?

Also, what do we do about "Spam?" at least 60% of my mail at CJ Mail is just spam. Are we going to continue to get that too? The only reason I used CJ mail was that all my cj affiliate stuff was in one place.

But I can build filters and deal with it. At least when I hit reply, it'll go where is supposed to.

Okay, then on your accounce board, if we log in to see an accounment from a merchant, you are going to have a link that has the merchants email addrss an we'll just click on it and it'll take us to our normal email, like it is on most websites?

Fine. Thanks.

When does this go into effect?

Good Point AffJus!

I don't want spam mail from the publishers!!!!! I can't believe it when I get 20 emails in one day on CJ from one publisher telling me about each of their links that are about to expire. Just send me one email.

I bet our email from publishers will now double.

I surely hope CJ has addressed this issue when they turn over the email to the publishers to send directly to us.

(1) CJ Support will stay the same. The best way to communicate with client services is either by the "ask a question" feature or by phone. The "ask a question" feature logs the question to your account and allows CJ to better support you.

(2) The only announcements that will be in the announcement center will be from CJ or those that are automatically triggered by certain advertiser actions (commission changes, etc.). Advertisers will not communicate directly with publishers via the announcement center.

(3) Publishers can set the email address they want advertisers to use and (as you said) publishers can filter those emails into special folders to keep track of them better.

(4) If an advertiser spams you directly, I suggest you ask them to (a) stop or (b) you will drop their program.

Does this answer your questions?

Oh no! no! no! no!

So cj is going to replace a really useful feature with something useless.

"Heres some great 2% commission offers from some great zero cookie merchants" ~ I already see something similar when I log in.

Please dont do it, please

Todd,

Yes, that does answer my questions, but PLEASE have support get back to us in the time frame they indicate in the automated reponse or delete that part of the message if they cannot do so.

How long after not hearing from Support Services should we wait before we come over here and post something? I think that was the jest of the original posting here.

Smeg, its always the biggest losers and scum merchants on there. I see a merchant on there I've joined, I check to see if its time to drop them.

Todd,
    >The goal of these feature changes is to improve functionality

Thats what you said when you killed off the training forum.

I

[ 07-03-2002: Message edited by: Icicle ]

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    but PLEASE have support get back to us in the time frame they indicate in the automated reponse
    I recently submitted a question and got an autoresponse to expect resolution in 36 hours. That was on June 20 ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast