Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bulk de-activations at CJ today
    In my list there are at least 25 merchants who have deactivated today. I'm wondering if it is mass exodus or CJ getting tougher with merchants who are slow to pay...

Rob.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Thankfully I only had one show up in the "invalid clicks" section but it was one that was featured on lots of pages. Just changed them all out with a SAS competetitor. :-) Better go look again to make sure. Thanks for the heads up Enginez!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

LOL!! Bet a lot show up at SAS.

Merchants don't like a lot of the shinanigans, either.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Thanks for the FYI. I hate when no notice is given

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    CJ was having new advertiser policy gong into effect...a change in fees. I can't remember the exact date, but that may have something to do with it.

Hopefully all those 25 merchants will pay their commissions to affiliates. More important, hopefully CJ has been collecting enough in advance to cover all those commissions (but you don't want me to revisit that subject again).
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

(but you don't want me to revisit that subject again).
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Wow, one of my performers was in my deactivation list, but is listed as Active, so I assume they were dropped by CJ and did what was needed to become active again right away.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

http and a telephoto
    (loxly the affilaite says: )
    Yikes!!! I better go check in!!!

(DebCP the affiliate manager says: )
    You don't need to do that anymore, relax and go write some more tutorials....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Wow, one of my performers was in my deactivation list, but is listed as Active, so I assume they were dropped by CJ and did what was needed to become active again right away.
    Sorry, but no...

If they're in your deactivation list, THEIR relationship with CJ isn't active. As long as they're on that list, their links won't credit commissions.
    The "Active" designation actually pertains to YOUR relationship with them.

Translation: CJ booted them (or they left) without "Deactivating" all their affiliate relationships first. But, as long as the merchant's in your Deac list, their links still aren't resulting in any commish for you.

The good news is, the chance of their program coming back to life is much higher, when they don't deactivate their affs on the way out.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I still can't figure out which merchant is a valid one after deactivation. Many are still in my list of merchants and I don't know if they would pay commissions or not if I put them back on my site. Can anyone explain in Fisher Price terms which merchants are still paying commissions after being deactivated for whatever reason? In other words, if I get notice that the merchant is deactivated but they're still in my list of linkable merchants, are they in fact still active within CJ and tracking sales?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    >>Can anyone explain in Fisher Price terms which merchants are still paying commissions after being deactivated for whatever reason?

If they're in your deactivated list [not just an email, but actually, currently, in the list], they aren't paying, at least while they're in that list. If they come back online, they'll disappear from the deac. list.

>>In other words, if I get notice that the merchant is deactivated but they're still in my list of linkable merchants, are they in fact still active within CJ and tracking sales?

Look in the Account Manager for the currently deactivated ones--NOT just at your email notices! Often, a merchant will "come back" an hour or two after the emails are sent. So, best to consider those deactivation emails more like warnings to check further, rather than the final word.

Also, on general principles, I almost never rip the links of a merchant the same day that they deactivate (unless they declared bankruptcy or *officially* closed their program, or something similarly major!) Many times, merchants come back fairly quickly, so being too hasty often means wasted w*rk. The exception would be if I was pushing a particular product--and that page was getting lots of hits and sales (or I was sending PPC at it).
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    >>Can anyone explain in Fisher Price terms which merchants are still paying commissions after being deactivated for whatever reason?

If they're in your deactivated list [not just an email, but actually, currently, in the list], they aren't paying, at least while they're in that list. If they come back online, they'll disappear from the deac. list.

>>In other words, if I get notice that the merchant is deactivated but they're still in my list of linkable merchants, are they in fact still active within CJ and tracking sales?

Look in the Account Manager for the currently deactivated ones--NOT just at your email notices! Often, a merchant will "come back" an hour or two after the emails are sent. So, best to consider those deactivation emails more like warnings to check further, rather than the final word.

Also, on general principles, I almost never rip the links of a merchant the same day that they deactivate (unless they declared bankruptcy or *officially* closed their program, or something similarly major!) Many times, merchants come back fairly quickly, so being too hasty often means wasted w*rk. The exception would be if I was pushing a particular product--and that page was getting lots of hits and sales (or I was sending PPC at it).
    Thank you Leader!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Thank you for explaining that

For the record, the change in fees goes into effect on February 1st 2006. I wouldn't be surprised to see several merchants pulling the plug. We're leaving CJ due (in no small part) to this policy change.

So long CJ.

Where are we going? What Ssanf said...
    Dale LaFountain, CIO, <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/">Things From Another World</a> - More Comics. More Toys. More Stuff. More FUN!
    14% base comm / up to 21.5% w/perf incent / 90 return days / parasite free / HUGE datafeed / <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/Help/Affiliate-Information___168?qt=abw">[b]Join[/b]</a>

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    2006 prediction... in an effort to increase margins, Complicit Junction adds fees for merchants that don't allow parasites.

Funny thing you should say.

I am working on your feed, now.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I just wish merchants would stay in one friggin place!

SSanf: Glad to hear it! Please let me know if you need any help with the details of our feed.

jackson992: We have been at CJ since 2001, so I hope you're not inferring that we're fence hopping on a whim...

And really, CJ is pricing themselves out of the small business market with the fees they're charging for (IMHO) mediocre service and management. If you have any doubts, check out CJ's merchant pricing page: http://www.cj.com/solutions/adv_access.jsp .
    Dale LaFountain, CIO, <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/">Things From Another World</a> - More Comics. More Toys. More Stuff. More FUN!
    14% base comm / up to 21.5% w/perf incent / 90 return days / parasite free / HUGE datafeed / <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/Help/Affiliate-Information___168?qt=abw">[b]Join[/b]</a>

Talking
    Why don't more merchants go with an in house program and tell the networks to just kiss your .

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I really want them to go with SAS:

1. Honest reliable reporting you can trust.
    2. Consolidated checks mean you get paid for every single sale regardless of minimum.
    3. They can't get sales and then fail to pay. No tickee, no washee.
    4. Free more or less uniform data feeds and other excellent tools.
    5. On time payment every time!

No one will pay you enough more as an Indy to make up for all that!

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    I will
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    "For the record, the change in fees goes into effect on February 1st 2006. I wouldn't be surprised to see several merchants pulling the plug. We're leaving CJ due (in no small part) to this policy change."

About the same time LS removes subID tracking (Jan 31)

All you merchants can go with Buy.at when they come on over. Jumpstart them in the U.S.

Well.....You're different.

We've all been saying that for a long time!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SSanf

1. Honest reliable reporting you can trust.
    2. Consolidated checks mean you get paid for every single sale regardless of minimum.
    3. They can't get sales and then fail to pay. No tickee, no washee.
    4. Free more or less uniform data feeds and other excellent tools.
    5. On time payment every time!

Excellent points! I'll add CEO presence at ABW, great support, policies against parasites, much better uptime than CJ, cookies that can be observed from the outside to allow affs to find cheaters, no spammy tricks like CJ resetting all of our 'don't email me' preferences, faster server redirects to make hand-offs smoother, no BS attitude, responsiveness, simple interface that gives us what we need, no front fees for datafeeds, clear indicators if merchants go offline... there's more but was just taking a much needed break from Miami drubbing by LSU... dagnabbit, owe Kellie a drink!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast