Domain Question
    I wasn't clear where to post this, so I'll try here. I've read several times about someone being accused (accusation only) of spamming and because of that, their registrar, godaddy, shut down their site until they paid a $200 "fine." I'm sure you can figure out the potential "bad" for this if godaddy does this simply based on an accusation.

Can someone clarify this for me? I want to know:

1. Does godaddy actually do this?
    2. Can they do this simply because they are the registrar of the domain name or were these people hosting their sites at godaddy, perhaps?
    And:
    3. If godaddy does this, I'd suggestions on other registrars.

I'm not asking godaddy cuz I'm sure they'll simply give my some song and dance.
    Blessed Be,
    White Wolf

ABW Ambassador
    Hi White Wolf,

I am not sure of the fine but I too have heard that godaddy restricts you if they get some complaints but I don't have a first-hand experience with it.

probably someone else who has similar experience can shed more light on it
    The Best Forums
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

Hey, newaff. Thanks for the reply. Sorry for delay on my end - been at my j - o - b.

My biggest concern is can your registrar, simply because that's where you've registered your domain, affect the website using the domain, even if it's hosted elsewhere.
    Blessed Be,
    White Wolf

In their T&C:

6. NO SPAM; LIQUIDATED DAMAGES.

You agree Go Daddy may immediately terminate any account which it believes, in its sole discretion, is transmitting or is otherwise connected with any spam or other unsolicited bulk email. In addition, if actual damages cannot be reasonably calculated then You agree to pay Go Daddy liquidated damages of $1 for each piece of spam or unsolicited bulk email transmitted from or otherwise connected with Your account, otherwise You agree to pay Go Daddy 's actual damages. You acknowledge You have read and understand and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of Go Daddy ’s Anti-spam Policy, available here . Such terms and conditions are applicable to the use of all Go Daddy Software and Services and are incorporated herein.
    https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/agree...?se=%2B&ci=291

IMHO, GoDaddy are easily the best registrar.

Rob
    [URL=http://ProxyGrader.com]ProxyGrader.com[/URL]
    How anonymous is your proxy?

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread