http and a telephoto
    San Francisco Bound...
    OK, not really the city of San Francisco, can't afford to actually live THERE!!!! But the Bay Area. Hayward/East Bay side of the bridge. I will be working in Foster City, but don't want to live in San Mateo county due to animal/pet limit laws. I have never had just 4 pets in my entire life!!!!!

So, who owns a house, apartment building, mobile home, house boat? Where are the great places to live? Who car pools to Foster City-ish from the East Bay? Who lives in the area and wants to go to dinner in February? January is full of travel, and I am returning to the Bay Area (Homestead Extended Stay Suites are a wonderful thing) Jan 28-Feb 19th to find a place for me and my kitties to live

Moving companies are already battling for my business, lol, but I need a place to move TO!!!! Must be wheelchair accessible and cat friendly So I am thinking mobile/modular home in a nice area.

Thoughts? Suggestions? haven't contacted a realtor out there yet, well kinda did, but anyone that calls me, leaves a message and then leaves the office and doesn't even have voice mail on the phone and doesn't bother to call back is probably not the realtor for me!!!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

http and a telephoto
    oh yeah, already perusing craigslist
    Deborah Carney

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I have never had just 4 pets in my entire life!!!!!
    Wow, how many/what kind do you have?

We used to have 4 dogs & 3 cats at one point, and it was overwhelming...that's a lot of fertilizer output to deal with...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

http and a telephoto
    I currently have kittes, more than 4 less than a lot At one time I had 5 large parrots, 10 or so fish tanks, a dog and 8 cats. No dogs now, I travel too much and don 't like taking them out in the cold, lol. When I get settled I would like an Aftrican Grey parrot again, and fish tanks, at least one salt and one tropical. They are so relaxing to watch and once set up properly, the salt tank would be very low maintenence.

Yeah, I can't live where I have to look over my shoulder because I have too many animals... I need my feathered and furry friends....
    Deborah Carney

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    LOL traveling, now that was something else with our menagarie...

You have better luck traveling with the cats? It was always easier for us to travel with the dogs. At least they weren't opposed to going on rides.

But all the cats hated riding in the car and would MEOWWWW horribly, as if under torture, for the entire trip! Once one of the cats went in the car on a cold fall night without being seen...when it came time to go somewhere the next day, he bolted up front like a missile--claws out!! Needless to say, checking the interior for cats instantly became part of the routine for starting the car. And if any were found, they were ejected into the yard, unless we absolutely HAD to take 'em along...

I wouldn't want to have anyone counting my animals either, regardless of how many I had. I just can't stand nitpicking like that. Same with other idiot things like regulations that'd get people measuring the lawn with a ruler...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

http and a telephoto
    I drove from New Jersey to Tennessee with 18 cats in a big ol' car (all in kennels, not running around of course!!!) I used to show cats and traveled with 10-15 on a regular basis. Red Roof Inns are my favorite hotels No, all the cats were not mine, I showed for 3 people. Maine Coons, Abyssinians and an oriental shorthair or fluffy persian now and then. Traveling with kitties is a piece of cake

I also will be driving cross country with my kitties in March when I plan to move. So will be planning that route as well. I have always wanted to drive cross country and almost did a couple of other times. This time it will happen, because I can't get the kitties there any other way
    Deborah Carney

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread