game and cheat traffic
    I don't know if your allowed to do this, but I believe I have seen people make this request before. I apologize in advance if this is out of place...

I have game and cheat traffic and haven't been able to do much with it as far as earning a great deal from it.

I would glady sign up under anyone if they can suggest a program that is working for them..

thanks

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It's hard to get sales off of a game site, from everything I've read about them! But, I can suggest some things that, as a gamer, I would have a higher chance of having interest in.

I don't have that kind of site, but as someone who always has to have The Codes before playing a game:

Anything that neuters the AI's ability to play/defend is always good, so a better, more-powerful way to get that GodMode On is probably your best bet.

Gamers who come to your site probably already have one "cheating" device (unless they're fanatics about it and check out what codes there are BEFORE buying into a game or system [like I did before moving to PC games]), but they may have gotten a new console for Christmas and want the latest and greatest AI-neutering machine to go with it.

If they only play PC games, like I do, you're probably outta luck on that angle, since it doesn't take a special machine to Fix a PC game. Same if the codes you have are ones you can input directly into console games, rather than using something like GameShark to make them obey...

Don't underestimate the amount of "older" gamers out there. Ways to make it easier to play all day without ending up sore are good. Ergonomic controllers, keyboards, mice, mouse pads, ways to kill the glare off the screen, you might have some luck there...

Mice and keyboards both die on a recurring basis.
    Games sound like sh(&^ unless the speakers get upgraded...

I would also strongly suggest making product pages where you give some details about the products! Just putting banners up isn't going to do, unless they're for something gamers already know all about, and even then banners tend to be ignored.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

leader

thanks for your ideas about it

maybe they like the offer for fhm magazine too...as I think about it..

I don't know...I frequent gaming sites for walkthroughs frequently and have NEVER purchased while at the site. Seems you use a lot of bandwidth and don't get big returns. Maybe sell some advertising space or just fall back on google ads...

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I don't know...I frequent gaming sites for walkthroughs frequently and have NEVER purchased while at the site. Seems you use a lot of bandwidth and don't get big returns.
    That's what the product pages are for The hope being, that they get indexed seperately rather than just relying on the content-moocher traffic...

But, I will agree that selling ads/CPM on the actual content pages sounds like a good idea.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Some Ideas
    Start collecting email addresses - aggressively! Then email them once a week on something (anything!) - get them used to receiving email from you.

Research what else gamers are interested in; even better - ask your visitors. My daughter is a gamer. She also likes anime, comic books, cheat books, etc. These are things you sell/offer in your email list.

HTH
    Blessed Be,
    White Wolf

I know nothing about the genre, but I do have experience in gathering email addresses from people who are really interested in the latest news and it works IF you run it to the hilt. Be the first to find out, be the first to email it out. Use html emails and make it look great with few words and many good looking images - I used 120 x 120, they are big enough and you can get a good number on a page without it taking ages to download.

Spend time on your emails, make them look good, send them to yourself first before you send them out - you WILL make some stupid mistake occasionally, make sure it only goes to yourself.

Give unsubscribe info clearly, archive the emails you've sent out in the past. People grow to trust you and then they start buying stuff - it's not instant, but it can be very good.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread