Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Red face No Time for the AM Business any more.
    Hi Everyone,

It's my wife's fault, I can not lie... she bought me Civ IV and AOE III for Christmas and since then I've been too busy climbing Tech Trees....so I'm going to have to hang up my role in the AM business until I can crush the life blood out of the enemy and dominate the world!!!!!!!!!

Now enough chatting, I have peons to manage

...anyone else get any great games for Christmas that have devestated their working hours ?

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

hehe.. AOE is one of my favorite game too, unfortunately do not have the latest edition yet. I dislike those priests and their incessantly mumbling most.

ABW Ambassador
    It's my wife's fault
    Sheesh, it's always the woman's fault and always has been. Even back in the Garden of Eden when Adam said "Eve made me do it" it was like that. Nice try, Chris.

No games, no tech stuff - just a horrendous case of mid-winter Spring Fever (aka laziness), I just can't get a bit of work done, not on sites and not housework. Nothing, nada - but maybe sometimes a person just needs a break. I think it's called taking a vacation.

ABW Ambassador
    Too much AM can be mind numbing. I know I have to work on my Valentine's day site, and all the site revamps for the new year. Just thinking of me got me writing another sci fi fiction book.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    ...anyone else get any great games for Christmas that have devestated their working hours ?
    LOL I am totally familiar with the inescapable gravitational pull of games!! Maybe the competition releases them, in order to keep us busy?

I get money for Christmas. Even if I had someone willing to fork over a game, their idea of a "good game" would probably be really lame...
    Sometimes I buy one right away, but this time I'm waiting for the price drop on the one I have my eye on.

So, I just installed the one I bought last spring, but hadn't gotten to (because I got addicted to playing the *other* game I bought then), instead!

The effect is the same. Productivity, what's that?!?
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

shhhh . . . while you're all having fun I'm working up a list of domain names to try for . . .

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    It's my wife's fault, I can not lie...
    Oh PULEEZE Chris! Like we don't all know you TOLD her you wanted that stuff.

I'm sure we could all come up with some time budgeting advice so you could not only continue to play your games but also do AM. We're highly motivated, ya know!

When would someone have the time to play a game. If you have the time enjoy it
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    When would someone have the time to play a game. If you have the time enjoy it
    We MAKE the time, Vinnie ... game fanatics seem to be a natural for aff marketing. We can move from work to play with the click of a mouse and there's no one hanging over our heads to chastise us for wasting time.

I tell anyone who questions me that I need to play games to stop my brain from exploding. Keeps me sane and calmer. Yeah ... that makes sense!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I am not a gamer, never saw a game disc, a sony playstation, or an xbox. Imagine how much my brain feels like xploding lol
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I am not a gamer, never saw a game disc, a sony playstation, or an xbox. Imagine how much my brain feels like xploding lol
    You need a mental diversion Vinnie!

You'd probably love Alexadex: www.alexadex.com - too fun - play the web site stock market. You can come crying in here when you get addicted. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

I am not a gamer, never saw a game disc, a sony playstation, or an xbox.
    What a sad case...

Leader I am too busy creating hig quality revenue generating Garden content to play games

I haven't bought a game in over 5 years.
    I know that I would get into the game and the rest of my work would suffer.

So I continue to play the "Affiliate Game"

Occasionally I go to the these things called "arcades" down in town if I get a real craving to blow things up and conquor worlds. There is a few sniper games I'm have played for hours on end at the nickle arcade...LOL
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

No games this year, but I did get a remote controlled airplane... WOOHOO! Sadly, it's been grounded due to ice conditions....

Oh, I should note however that once Morrowind: Oblivion comes out, I'll be in big trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursal
    I haven't bought a game in over 5 years.
    I know that I would get into the game and the rest of my work would suffer.

So I continue to play the "Affiliate Game"

Occasionally I go to the these things called "arcades" down in town if I get a real craving to blow things up and conquor worlds. There are a few sniper games I'm have played for hours on end at the nickel arcade...LOL
    All our local arcades are dead

It's probably better for me that way. I figured out once that I spent more in arcades, in the years they were near me, than it would have cost me to go ahead and buy the actual commercial-version machines that I played on. (Not the whole arcade's worth, but the ones I always planted myself in front of.)

Quote Originally Posted by NYFalcon
    Leader I am too busy creating hig quality revenue generating Garden content to play games
    Breakdown of reaction:
    High quality
    Revenue generating
    Garden
    Content: *POP* (bubble bursts)

Hopefully that's sales content...

xyzzy, anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    xyzzy, anybody?

Uhmmm ... is this a game we should all know about Rhea? Not that I need another addiction ... ;-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Oh PULEEZE Chris! Like we don't all know you TOLD her you wanted that stuff.
    Ummmmm Guilty

I love AOE III to Chris, would love a shot at killing all of those defenseless villagers of yours.

I'm more of FPS (First person shooters) and racing games. If I run into some code that I can't get my head around I take a break, race a race, toast a few races and knock out some police challenges.

Current games are Doom 3 (Yeah it's getting moldy) and Need For Speed: Most wanted. It's sort of funny I have worn out two steering wheels in two years. Gotta cut back but it just keeps calling me...

Take care,

Brianm

My husband is BIG time into civ IV right now, but it's not my fault, I didn't buy it.

I'm into resident evil 4 right now... and I love it!!

I love AOE III to Chris, would love a shot at killing all of those defenseless villagers of yours.
    AOE III has had only the briefest look, I've been sucked into Civ IV
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Chris, confession is good for your soul. Or something. :P

Rexanne, xyzzy is a magic word from the original, text-based adventure game "Colossal Cave." It was initially only available on mainframes. I played it at work (during lunch of course) over 20 years ago. Back then you couldn't save the game so if you made a mistake and got killed you had to start over from the beginning. I loved it anyway and it got me hooked on Infocom's text adventure games when they came out, e.g. the famous Zork series.

If you'd like to play "Colossal Cave" you can find it here. http://www.rickadams.org/adventure/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast