Fees...
    So I see I have a $10.00 fee taken away from my balance today...what is up with that? Is this because I haven't had sales recently or something? Will it be recurrring?
    Since my sites have been down this past month, I am not too thrilled right now anyway but if I am gonna loose what few commissions I have to those types of fees...why even bother?

CJ deducts a $10.00 a month fee from your account for each month that you do not have any sales (yes, it is recurring). If your balance drops to 0....they deactivate your account.
    Stand Tall ~Eradicate A Parasite And Put The "Affiliate" Back In Affiliate Marketing!

When did this start, first time I ever heard of such a thing
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

yeah when did they start this?

I was just wondering myself...they have not charged me before, so I am guessing it is something new?

Tax Paying Member
    Confiscation
    It is in their terms and conditions. They pointed it out to me when I complained about the 10 buck deduction. Time frame was late summer of 2005. I closed all connection with CJ.

My sites are producing more now.

(f) Dormant Accounts. If Publisher's Account has not been credited with a valid, compensable Transaction that has not been Charged-back during any rolling, six consecutive calendar month period (“Dormant Account”), a dormant account fee at CJ's then-current rate shall be applied to Publisher's Account each calendar month that Publisher's Account remains an open yet Dormant Account or until Your Account balance reaches a zero balance, at which time the Account shall become deactivated.

The dollar amount was listed in another post, but I haven't been able to find it.
    Stand Tall ~Eradicate A Parasite And Put The "Affiliate" Back In Affiliate Marketing!

So your account has to be dormant for 6 months first then those fees. Thats not new, but you made it seem every month.

As Dragon Dame pointed out, the dormancy fee only applies after six consecutive months of earning no commissions. Once the dormancy fees wipe out your account, it's automatically deactivated.

People have suggested that you make personal purchases through your links twice a year if you want to keep your account active.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

It's not a bad term, good for most of the affiliates and merchants.
    With the time goes by, CJ's database would be bigger and bigger, if they don't do this, it will take much more time to deal with the database,and would be have more and more problems.

It must be a thing aimed towards newbies to keep them active. Not as bad as I first thought.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

My bad. I remember reading the section in the PSA, but did not remember the "6 months" part until I looked it up to post it. My question is...two members have posted that the fee has been removed already. Have they been dormant for 6 months before CJ started this, or is it starting earlier?

Tax Paying Member
    How Long?
    How long does it take for most newbies to start making consistant sales???

I think that most need time to build and rebuild web sites until they are workable. During that learning stage you might get lucky and make a few sales.

CJ then starts a 6 month countdown, confiscates your money with out any notice. After your account is depleated, they will close your account and tell you that you are free to reapply and start this sequence all over again.

Does Pricerunner offers ppc? Is it available to all users or only US accounts?

they are lead
    just sign up
    click the link click one of their links to another site and get some change

Must need that $10 really bad to hammer affiliates like that.

Peace,
    Lee

ABW Ambassador
    Had there been sales totaling the $25 payment threshhold, then a check would have been issued at that point in time. So apparently the total sales ever made was greater than $10 but less than $25, and if this deduction happened after 6 months of no sales, then those were made prior to six months ago.

I don't think it's a matter of the $10 with CJ, to me it seems that it's just a system to try to weed out and eliminate what appear to be inactive affiliates. And being a tiered deduction, it does gives a bit of wiggle room.

I closed all connection with CJ.
    Happened to me, but it only motivated me to sell more. I'm doing much much better now because I didn't want any more deductions happening to my account. I guess I need the fire under my butt to perform.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread