Why ABestWeb is The BEST
    I am not very good at the business end of my business - I hate putting all of my earnings into a spreadsheet...the whole financial part (other than depositing checks of course hehe). But my husband won't let me have my shoes back or leave the house until I do my end of the month stats. So I did them finally last night for November and December.

Then I had a beautiful sight - my earnings had tripled for the year 2005 from 2004. Wowsers! And I really can't take credit for it - I just have to thank all of you here who have helped me and answered my never-ending-questions!

And of course Haiko for facilitating this awesome forum. If it weren't for you Haiko, we wouldn't have this home away from home.

I have learned so much and I thank you all for what you've done for my business! </mushy part>

Rock On!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

To reflect the words of Winston Churchill after the battle of Britain was won in the air
    "So many owe so much to so few"

Had the great man known Haiko he would have said "So many owe so much to Haiko"
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Yup. Hanging around this forum, reading and pestering people gave me the knowledge and confidence I needed to take my sites to the next level. I owe Haiko and the members of this forum a great deal.

Funny how a new year can get you to reflecting on stuff.

I can't say enough good about ABW and Haiko and can't even begin to list all I learned here so I will say that anyone in affiliate marketing (merchants and managers as well) is missing out if they're not reading this forum. If they're not posting, they have no idea what they're missing.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Congratulations Zimmy!!

I'm sure you have your hands full along with the AM side of things. To have that kind of an increase says alot about you!
    I'm sure 2006 will be just as prosperous(?) for you.

Yes this is a great board .
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Zimmy,

Don't forget to give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done. Congrats!
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    my earnings had tripled
    Congrats zimmy!

If you read ABW you learn, if you work on your site, you earn.

Here's to 2006

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I pat myself on the back for 25% of my success

I give dumb luck another 25%...

the rest is ALL ABW

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    We've only been here since August of 2005 and in such a short time have experienced a tremendous surge in growth. Not to mention, making wonderful friends to boot.

And to think at first, I was highly skeptical of this community...phew...sure am glad I got over that quickly!

;-)
    Susan Arts
    Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Moxy Media

Zimmy.. Thats a year well spent. Wish you all the more success in this new year.

Rock On!
    -nishith

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan_ShareResults

And to think at first, I was highly skeptical of this community...phew...sure am glad I got over that quickly!

;-)
    Why Susan?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Well...I discovered while investigating forums, the tremendous amount of politics that take place in this industry. I spent hours talking to folks, hearing all sides of this and that.

When it comes to business, I work very hard at listening and uncovering what's authentic versus what are (in most cases) sour grapes. Sometimes it's easy to spot and other times, a bit more challenging.

One of the last conversations I had was with Chris Sanderson, we'd just started working together and I asked him about Haiko. He provided me with Haiko's contact information, and I called him.

I was pretty upfront with Haiko about everything I'd heard and then when we met at AdTech NY, I asked even more things that most folks would have squirmed and shied away from. Not Haiko.

I respect a person who lays everything on the table, and isn't apologetic about his or her past. We've all made mistakes and a person who can admit to them, in my opinion, is as good as gold.

In the end, I weighed everything out and felt (even though at that point, I really didn't have tangible numbers to clearly point out that spending the time and resources participating in this community would pay out) that it was a calculated risk that I couldn't NOT take.

Now, of course, months later, there were a number of things I didn't anticipate happening.

I discovered real people here, authentic, genuine, sincere people who work hard at making a living in this industry. People who actually care about what you say and do, ranging from business all the way through to the deep personal stuff that we all know happens in our lives.

I discovered that by being myself (and I mean, myself, end to end - not just a business person) this community gave back to me 100 times over.

I discovered how much there is to learn about this industry and how I wake up every morning, slide in front of my laptop and see who has posted what on ABW to gain new insights.

And most importantly, to quantify for any merchants who are reading this post, I can honestly say Share Results' brand awareness has at least tripled in the last few months which has translated into an increase in new business. November and December were milestone months for us (and it looks like January will be even better). So, the decision to get our own forum and allowing the Share Results team to immerse themselves here, was spot on!

Uhm....rather longwinded Rexanne...but I hope it answered your question and then some?

Susan Arts
    Moxy Media

Unhappy
    Susan - You sound like a politician (sp?) running for an office in an election.

Just kidding.

You're a real person too.

How's your BF.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Well...I discovered while investigating forums, the tremendous amount of politics that take place in this industry. I spent hours talking to folks, hearing all sides of this and that.

When it comes to business, I work very hard at listening and uncovering what's authentic versus what are (in most cases) sour grapes. Sometimes it's easy to spot and other times, a bit more challenging.

One of the last conversations I had was with Chris Sanderson, we'd just started working together and I asked him about Haiko. He provided me with Haiko's contact information, and I called him.

I was pretty upfront with Haiko about everything I'd heard and then when we met at AdTech NY, I asked even more things that most folks would have squirmed and shied away from. Not Haiko.

I respect a person who lays everything on the table, and isn't apologetic about his or her past. We've all made mistakes and a person who can admit to them, in my opinion, is as good as gold.

In the end, I weighed everything out and felt (even though at that point, I really didn't have tangible numbers to clearly point out that spending the time and resources participating in this community would pay out) that it was a calculated risk that I couldn't NOT take.

Now, of course, months later, there were a number of things I didn't anticipate happening.

I discovered real people here, authentic, genuine, sincere people who work hard at making a living in this industry. People who actually care about what you say and do, ranging from business all the way through to the deep personal stuff that we all know happens in our lives.

I discovered that by being myself (and I mean, myself, end to end - not just a business person) this community gave back to me 100 times over.

I discovered how much there is to learn about this industry and how I wake up every morning, slide in front of my laptop and see who has posted what on ABW to gain new insights.

And most importantly, to quantify for any merchants who are reading this post, I can honestly say Share Results' brand awareness has at least tripled in the last few months which has translated into an increase in new business. November and December were milestone months for us (and it looks like January will be even better). So, the decision to get our own forum and allowing the Share Results team to immerse themselves here, was spot on!

Uhm....rather longwinded Rexanne...but I hope it answered your question and then some?

Longwinded is good Susan. Thanks for the explanation although now I'm way curious about a few points you brought up but I've learned to shut up and stay out of those issues that are none of my business. :-)

Yeah, what stands out at ABW is the quality of the members and those who post regularly. People who take this business seriously, are HUMAN and I suspect the IQ levels (OK, basic intelligence ...) are high here. Those who stick around and feel at home are rewarded with much more than just invaluable business information. Like attracts like and this starts with the administration.

You and your team fit right in Susan.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Susan - You sound like a politician (sp?) running for an office in an election.

Just kidding.

You're a real person too.

How's your BF.

I do? Alright, I'll try not to sound all professional like in the future.

Rexanne...feel free to give me a call or pm me - I'm more than happy to share some of my insights (and answer any of your questions). And thanks...it means a lot to hear you say that we fit in :-)

Boyfriend? Hmmm...well, he's definitely not bald and his profession is pretty interesting too ;-)

Susan Arts
    Moxy Media

I do? Alright, I'll try not to sound all professional like in the future.

Rexanne...feel free to give me a call or pm me - I'm more than happy to share some of my insights (and answer any of your questions). And thanks...it means a lot to hear you say that we fit in :-)

Boyfriend? Hmmm...well, he's definitely not bald and his profession is pretty interesting too ;-)

OK NEW THREAD! LOL - We want to know all about this one, Susan! :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

I'll start a new thread after next week...I promise...

:-)
    Susan Arts
    Moxy Media

Affiliate Manager
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    And of course Haiko for facilitating this awesome forum. If it weren't for you Haiko, we wouldn't have this home away from home.
    I've been participating in online discussions since literally before the web was invented. Any community is only as good as its leadership. Haiko's job isn't easy, but he does it very, very well.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread