Question PPC and affiliate networks
    Hi everyone!

As a keyword buyer I'm currently promoting several merchants within the TradeDoubler network. However I find it quite hard to find other networks with merchants that allow PPC within their affiliate program.

I know Zanox isn;t allowing it for all or most programs :-(

Can anyone give me some network both US and EURO that are open to keyword buyers and have programs that allow this?

I already know: TradeDoubler, SAS, LS, and CJ.

Thanks a lot!

ABW Ambassador
    I would think most merchants would allow it since you're spending your own money to promote them. With CJ they have a keyword link that hundreds of merchants use and they give keyword suggestions, rules on TM bidding, stuff like that.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Yep ... just drink the "pay per performance" industry cool-aid... folks. Anyone see the irony of being in the only industry on earth that encourages those providing advertising space, and Ad content, to actually have to pay for it on behalf of the advertisers.

You greed driven merchant's passing out PPCSE keywords deserve every cookie stuffing and forced click affiliate you get from that move. Drink that Adwhore cool-aid! As someone who puts up legit creatives, requiring a page view and physical click, I demand you phoney AM's stop blowing smoke up out collective butts. Start paying slotting fees in 2006 + physical click bonuses to your known legit affiliates rather then using them as cannon fodder for your tricksters. SHOULDN"T WE GET PAID to advertise for you if this is an advertising game??
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Mike, you are one of the merchants allowing PPC

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ppc+suspenders

"PPC keyword bidding has been OK'd as long as affiliates stay away from Overture to protect his yahoo listing..big deal!"

So are you doing what you suggest other merchants do? Slotting fees and physical click bonuses? And do you still allow your affiliates to do PPC for the program you're running?

Nothing wrong with PPC, lots of affiliates do it. If I was a merchant i wouldn't have any problem with it or even having keyword lists available. I would want to occupy as much ad space as possible.

LOL! Next thing you know, he'll start pushing coupons.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Even Bizrate, Amazon and Shopping.com, and authorized resellers, have to get permission to advertise Holdup's Trademarks via PPCSE. For those who are not affiliates we do pay slotting fees http://www.vsa.cape.com/~wayg/sus/ and other targeted traffic providers for text, banners or profile page displays. The affiliates have no complaints on any of their clicks not averaging a great conversion ratio. I regularily check http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...dup+Suspenders for those abusing registered trademarks and playing the direct to MFGR site PPCSE game. I haven't had to warn a single affiliate of any "tricks for clicks" or taking BHO train rides since 1998.

I assume merchants who average a 1/20 conversion ratio,m year after year, have no need or requests for slotting fees and click bonus fees.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    LOL! Next thing you know, he'll start pushing coupons.

Affiliate Network Rep Brian_AffiliateFuture's Avatar
    Hi,

On the network that I work for, AffiliateFuture, our merchants allow PPC. Some of our biggest affiliates are pure PPC and run Singapore Airlines, GameFly and Virgin Atlantic (in the UK, soon to be live in the US).

If you'd like to know any more of higher converting programs let me know and I'll be sure to suggest a few!

Cheers,
    Brian

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread