Zappos arsey email
    Has anyone else had anything like this?

Hi Paul,

We would like to thank you for being an Associate with Zappos.com. In reviewing your website we noticed there is incorrect or misleading information on a website that you operate. We have made two attempts previously to contact you regarding this matter. Please recall that the Zappos.com Associate Agreement requires that all associates keep the information on their websites accurate.

Please find below a list of issues that we found with your site(s):

Links removed

Incorrect Price
    Discontinued Items
    Please update this information as soon as possible to remain in good standing in our program.

Thank you,
    Qiana Jones
    Associate Program Coordinator
    Zappos.com

I had responded the those "two attempts previously" mainly to point out that they had been updated a week or more prior to their "request" and so the information was just plain wrong. Of the three pages they referred to in their email, one was fine, the last time I changed it was a bout 2 weeks ago, so it's been fine for two weeks, of the other two, the discontinued items were from a competitor site and the third, prices were incorrect because it had dropped in the sale.

ALSO.... has anyone noticed that their "price valid thru Friday***" isn't actually always true? There's one brand I feature a sale page for and change the prices every Saturday, then a few weeks ago I started to notice that the price would change mid-week, sometimes up, sometimes down, but certainly it wasn't "good through...." Pots and kettles?

I always thought that having an affiliate who responded quickly was a good thing for a merchant, I have another main merchant of mine who send me a link error report every week for stuff they've discontinued or sold out of.

IT'S ABOUT A PARTNERSHIP AND COMMUNICATION ZAPPOS - IF I WANTED TO BE TREATED LIKE A NAUGHTY LITTLE BOY, I'D COME AND SWEEP YOUR FLOORS FOR YOU AS AN EMPLOYEE!

I know I have been a MAJOR affiiate for Zappos - I hope they get their act together soon.

I got this too.

Most of the pages that were pointed out were dynamic displays of products from another vendor, not from Zappos.

I received the same email (believe it was last Friday). Replied back that we had fresh links/copy up and asked where the problem was. Haven't received a reply yet (now Weds.)

Glad to know it wasn't just me though!
    Liz Welsh Tompkins
    Styleforfree.com
    email: [email="lwtompkins@styleforfree.com"]lwtompkins@styleforfree.com[/email]
    [url="http://twitter.com/styleforfreecom"]Twitter[/url] | [url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=625631089&ref=name"]Facebook[/url]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Thumbs down
    Now I'm double-glad I don't promote that.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

"We have made two attempts previously to contact you regarding this matter." Was exactly one of the lines they used in their email sent to me. It was concerning some discontinued items, though.

""We have made two attempts previously to contact you regarding this matter.""

I think I'll stick that arrow in my quiver to use the next time I have to inquire about a non-tracked test purchase.

They don't have time to answer email inquiries from an affiliate who generates somewhere in the neighborhood of a million dollars in sales for them, but they have time to harass that same affiliate about somebody else's links?

Makes me wonder if maybe they've been drinking from the water cooler at Linkshare?

It was the attitude that really pissed me off. An invalid links report is a very useful thing for all concerned, but this came across as a veiled threat and it was based on information that clearly wasn't true - they just hadn't bothered to check. Probably relying on some flakey software checking system or even including links people clicked on in Google's cache.

I DID get a reply to my reply which pissed me off even more:

Zappos - "I do apologize if you feel the links are incorrect."

Me - I don't FEEL the links were incorrect - they WERE incorrect.

and so on...

I feel that the attitude of Zappos towards affiliates has definitely taken a downturn over the last 6 months.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread