Affiliate Manager
    Exclamation Approving affiliates
    I spend hours looking through affiliate websites when considering them for our affiliate program. I have found that a few seem like they are advertising to me as the affiliate manager. This sounds confusing right? All websites are advertising something! But these sites provide no links and ask for information to join and then you can browse through the site. The content on the website is typically advertising services that gear toward the marketing aspects of the internet bussiness. I feel like its an ad and they are not going to place a banner or link on their web site, am I wrong? I feel that I should not have to sign up for every program just to see what the site entails. I look for relavent content sites, charities and shopping ports is there anything I should be looking out for both good and bad? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
    Jennifer

It all depends what your product(s) is(are)... sounds to me like you are attracting the wrong type of affiliate...

Tell us more about your product or service and I'm sure several here at ABW will point you in the correct direction...

BTW... Welcome to ABW

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks Joe,

Everyone tells me this is the place to be!

RockyMountainTrail.com sells outdoor recreation equipment such as backpacks (both technical and lesiure), tents, sleeping bags, clothing, jackets and sunglasses. We sell brands such as The North Face, Columbia Sports Wear, Smith, SPY, Dakine and so on.

I definitely feel like thats what we are attracting at the moment and its very frustrating.

Jennifer

ABW Ambassador
    There are 2 or 3 cookie cutter site programs that seem to be attracted to CJ.
    They all look EXACTLY the same. One is "universal" something.

Are you getting applications from them?

Affiliate Manager
    Overwhelmed by them actually! Its getting to be absurd! I'm not sure if they are Universal or not. They provide very little traffic and no sales.

If the applicant's site doesn't look like a good fit for your products, you can either contact them and ask them for the URL where they plan to place your links or just deny them. Sometimes it's a tough decision but the wrong kind of site can do much more harm than good.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If your tough enough to face the established competition on outdoor gear you'll need the right creative tools sets to get real pre-sell exposure. Yes there are some affiliate who do place pre-sell merchant/product promotions on their pages. They will like to know you compete on price/brand/service from the customers viewpoint. Then they'd like to expose your ecatalog with more then just a few selections, text link or banners. Try the Goldencan.com application and the PSC window showcase builder to get perminent page exposure on good affiliate sites.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Affiliate Manager
    Tough and Fiesty!

I'm not familiar with the PCS windows showcase builder. Do you know where I can find information about the showcase builder? As for Goldencan.com I received mixed messages while doing research on them. Its definitley a good idea for those who are not so computer savvy. Is this something well established affiliates look for?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMountainTrail
    Tough and Fiesty!

I'm not familiar with the PCS windows showcase builder. Do you know where I can find information about the showcase builder? As for Goldencan.com I received mixed messages while doing research on them. Its definitley a good idea for those who are not so computer savvy. Is this something well established affiliates look for?

Thanks,

Jennifer
    That is to be found at affsolutions.com. Comes in two flavors: with and without a dynamic method.

AMWSO has another way of doing a static version, and if you are in Shareasale and provide a datafeed there is a static page builder in there also.

>>>Is this something well established affiliates look for? <<<

established or not, we need all the tools we can get.

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks Herb!

Jennifer,

If the affiliate site listed in the interface isn't an affiliate site, specifically ask them how they intend on marketing your site and in which methods because many of those "affiliate" sites are owned by people who don't necessarily use the "best" practices in their marketing efforts.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Manager
    Haiko de Poel, Jr. ,

Thank you, The reason why I started asking around about them is that I feel that its smoke and mirrors. It makes me uncomfortable to have these sites marketing my site. I just don't know what they are doing with our information. I have tried to contact some of the applicants but receive no response from them. This makes me nervous and so I don't approve them.

Jennifer

"The reason why I started asking around about them is that I feel that its smoke and mirrors."

Jennifer, I too agree with you and for the life of me do not understand why some affiliates (even some here on this board) feel that the need to mislead and hide. As far as I am concerned, my affiliate marketing is a Business and is run that way. I have always left contact information for my visitors and my merchants to find on all my sites, real home address and telephone numbers even when I was doing this part time and had a real job.

Some may be hiding from the law and those that are maybe are not going to be someone you want to associate with. Others are just plain "Privacy Nuts" and think a kook will show up at the door.

I don't know what would be a happy medium to solve this but those that don't offer up a way to really contact them have no place in affiliate marketing or at least associated in my program as far as I am concerned.

Either they are really a business or hiding income from the IRS. I don't have an answer.

That's my Poopie for the Day

Allen
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread