ABW Ambassador
    The West Virginia Miners Story Turn Of Events
    Just heard that only 1 was found alive and the other 12 didn't make it. Watching Niteline and they're still talking about how they were found alive. Will be a big story tomorrow. Sad. Somebody really screwed up.

http://today.reuters.com/news/NewsAr...-EXPLOSION.xml

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Just heard that only 1 was found alive and the other 12 didn't make it. Watching Niteline and they're still talking about how they were found alive. Will be a big story tomorrow. Sad. Somebody really screwed up.

http://today.reuters.com/news/NewsAr...-EXPLOSION.xml
    Wow ... very sad and yeah, someone's gonna get slapped around big time for the reporting gaffe. :-(
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    The worst thing is, it is a miracle that one man was found alive. But there is no celebration of that. Just all this pissed off reaction that 12 are dead. If at the begining of the story, you said we will find one of these guys alive - what would your reaction be?

The media manipulated this whole thing and the biggest loser (because the 12 are dead regardless otherwise they would be the biggest loser) is the survivor.

I guess this goes a long way to the idea that the media hates happy stories and loves misery.

Chet

My heart is breaking for the people who thought they were alive for 20 minutes or so then found out it wasn't true. That must be an incredibly difficult thing to go through emotionally.

But I feel bad that the one guy who survived isn't being celebrated.. He'll probably feel terribly guilty that he survived.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    It's just rough all the way around...
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    We went through the same thing not too long ago ('92 i think) with the 26 miners lost in Nova Scotia...my thoughts and prayers go out to the families...it's a terrible tragedy.
    Susan Arts
    Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Moxy Media

Well this is one "communication" error that wasn't actually the media's fault. This happened because in our society everyone and their brother has as cell phone. One person misunderstood a message coming from the rescuers and they called two friends, and they called two friends and so on and so on.

The families actually didn't hear that there were conflicting reports for almost three hours. Truly heart wrenching.

While they were preparing for the worst and had probably already come to a place where they were going to be ready to accept it, the glimpse of hope made the devastating news even more of an emotional bomb going off.

I watched CNN last night until about 1:30 central time and went to bed thinking that they were going to be reunited with their families any minute. When I checked CNN.com this morning and saw the news it actually took my breath away.

At lunch today I saw the headline of the USA Today that read "12 Alive!" or something of that nature and it made my stomach drop. You know they wish they could have that one back.

My heart and prayers go out to the families that are devastated, the one survivor and his family, and all of those who worked so hard to rescue them but ended up facing an unspeakable tragedy.

I'm rambling because I don't know what to say, but feel compelled to say something. Sorry. Just so sad.

Sheri

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    Woke up this morning to hear how some of the miners left notes for their families...made me weep to hear some of the things they wrote.

It is too sad...
    Susan Arts
    Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Moxy Media

I heard this morning that the one miner is out of his coma. Can you imagine the hounding he will get from the news media in the future. Poor guy.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread