Arrow How can I advertise online for free without a web site?
    I really don't have a site to advertise on. I'm an affiliate for some financial related businesses. I'm trying to advertise free credit reports and mortgage quotes. Where could I advertise online for FREE? Any financial messgage boards? Or Yahoo/MSN/Google groups (in a financial category)? Do you have any other suggestions or specific sites that I could use? What terms should I use to search google for financial sites or search for people who want a free credit report? Is there any specific terms that I should use in my search? Such as:
    "free credit report" or "does anyone do free credit reports" because that might get results from Google on a forum. Thanks!

PS...I'm kinda going on the idea of putting my ad on a classified's site...know of any good ones?

Internet Cowboy
    Advertising online for free without a web site.
    I would just sit outside and wait for money to fall from the sky.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Just keep squeezing the turnip really, really hard...

wow...look at how nice and helpful the people were who answered my thread!

(i hope you all aren't rude like this. honestly, if you're gonna be an ***hole then don't answer!)

i just joined today and i'm new at this. i just wanted some help and to NOT be harrassed! =(

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Searching for things of value but looking to get them for free won't get you the results you seek.

Using message boards and groups to 'advertise' a commercial product is considered spam by most people, including me. I answer spammy inquiries by throwing mud back.

"Nice" people that would tell you where to get free advertising that actually works don't exist. We give it to you frankly. If you want empty promises and false hopes, you came to the wrong place.

If you take a teeny little bit of your time to search ABW, you'll find lots of good threads about low cost advertising methods (many that I have posted).

But when you walk in loaded for spammy techniques asking where the free good stuff is at, I'll give you turnip comments cuz you need to change course imo.

My behavior is nice, trying to convince you in a short period of time that you're off track. I did get your attention, but from here, it's all up to you.

Good luck no matter which direction you choose!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Welcome to ABW kimmersx3.

Now an honest answer to your question. You have the cart way ahead of the horse, so you need to back up some. The first thing is that all those ways you mentioned of promoting your financial affiliate stuff isn't going to work. That is you are likely to see little commissions (if any) for your efforts. Such promotion is 99% of the time considered spam by the communities you are talking about 'advertising' in. It will most likely get you banned from the message boards/groups. More importantly, depending on the financial groups you are promoting and the Network they are running their program through, such type of spam promotion can get you terminated as their affiliate.

What you are describing isn't affiliate marketing..it's well spamming. From reading your post, my guess is that you are very new to this and just don't have a firm grasp about what affiliate marketing is really about.

The good news is you've come to the right place if you want to give affiliate marketing a whirl and learn how to really make some $$$ at it. The mortgage and credit card report niches can be lucrative. But you need to have a grasp of AM in general first. Fill up your coffee cup and start reading here on the boards. The Academy and Newbie forums are good places to start.

Next you really need to have a web site. That might be only a couple of pages on the site or a blog. But you need to have some type of web presence that is your own to promote the offers. Hosting and domains can be had dirt cheap these days. If you don't know how to code a web page, there are many options to assist with that now also to get you started.

Your question about what people would search for is somewhat on track. But the emphasis should be on what they are searching for to get them on your own site and not someone else's message board (again your post elsewhere probably isn't going to survive for a long anyway). But even before you start finding out what people search for (and there are free ways to do that also), you need to educate yourself on what AM really is about.

Final bit of advice. If the questions you asked came from some ebook, email, web site, etc about how you can make thousands of dollars working from home doing affiliate marketing.....throw the ebook away and I hope you didn't pay for it.

kimmersx3,

What Donuts was saying was that free advertising is usually worth what it costs. Except for SE traffic, of course but that most probably yield you the any significant results just starting out more so if you don't know SEO. Donuts was also trying to convey that Affiliate Marketing is a business, like any other and that you do reap what you sow. Spend the $20 to make $200 type mentality. That said, freeadvertisingforum.com is one source I found but there your just another poster in a myriad of other "offers". I'd stop think, listen and decide if AM is a hobby or a business and act accordingly.

Welcome to ABW! :welcome
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Cross posted with kimmersx3 and Donuts.

Cross posted with Donuts and The B'ster
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

This reminds me of SSanf's gripe in this thread, http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=67768&page=1
    the way some merchants advertise their programs - "Sign up, Post a link to our site, and Watch the money roll in". It wont happen that easily kimmersx3. As said above, you have made a good start by coming here.

Best of Luck.

"wow...look at how nice and helpful the people were who answered my thread!
    "

Yeah, what everybody else said.

You would do far better for yourself to simply stand out in front of 7-11 with an empty cup in your hand.

Let's see what it costs to do it for "not free":

Domain name $9/year = about 3 cents a day
    +
    Webhosting $5/month for small site = about 17 cents a day
    =
    About 20 cents a day.

If you do not take yourself seriously enough to invest as little as 20 cents a day, how do you expect anybody else to take you seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    You would do far better for yourself to simply stand out in front of 7-11 with an empty cup in your hand.

I tried that... and didnt like the results...

So, I became an Affiliate Markerter...

I make a bit more and dont have to stand out in the heat or the cold...

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Smile
    Getting this reaction from some very smart ABWers shouldn't seem so shocking. First off welcome. Second step is to understand your financial industry competitors spend billions annually begging for leads. They'd all want free traffic if it was available. It isn't and therefore the entire finanacial industry are spammers by nature. So don't take the criticism over seeking forum and classified spamming sources here too seriously. It's like getting nabbed for necking in a brothel.
    The problem in the financial lead culture is it denounces the players who get caught, but not the game. The financial industry game is spamming the masses hoping to snag those who can't be serviced by their local banker. Build a site that filters and qualifies folks ...before they click.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread