Results 1 to 3 of 3
January 6th, 2006, 09:37 AM #1
Question about affiliate web sites
- Join Date
- January 6th, 2006
I am new to affiliate marketing but this board has helped a lot. I am ready to post some questions if that is ok. I hope you can help.
1. is using google adwords to redirect to a merchant site acceptable?
2. is using your own links to buy something ok?
3. What is better for a merchant, to pay for a link to help build PR or use affiliates. I ask because the affiliate links dont count towards pr right?
4. what about affiliates that charge a merchant to advertise on their site or a prominent link, but then go ahead and use cj.com to get commission anyway.
Thanks for all your help
January 6th, 2006, 09:55 AM #2
1. Yes. Many affiliates make lots of money like this, although it is tricky until you get your ROI right.
2. Depends on the merchant, some will let you, others wont. Check with them.
3. Personally, i'd say the Affiliate program, just because you pay for performance and well, if you get good affiliates, you'll make sales quicker rather than wait for PR updates, Search ranking updates, natural traffic increase, etc etc.
4. People do that? What kind of a merchant advertises on sites like that? That's wrong. That'd mean your stealing money from the merchants. Avoid.
5. Bloody Parasites are everywhere! A friend tried to buy through one of my sites and I caught the parasiteware in action changing my Affiliate ID! Bastards! Get a spyware/adware/parasiteware remover. Check out www.parasiteware.com for more info.
6. No problem. Hope it does help!
January 6th, 2006, 12:11 PM #3
I wouldn't recommend direct linking to a merchant site through a PPC ad. It is a violation of most terms unless you have an agreement with that merchant. It just creates bad-will with the merchant.
To protect yourself as an affiliate from losing commissions due to parasites you need to partner with merchants who are parasite free.
By Amy_S in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 27Last Post: January 24th, 2009, 11:25 AM
By jeffklein in forum Marketing Resources & Power ToolsReplies: 2Last Post: February 21st, 2008, 02:18 AM
By Snib in forum Programming / Datafeeds / ToolsReplies: 0Last Post: March 21st, 2007, 03:06 AM
By phillyburbs in forum Virtual Family and Off-TopicReplies: 1Last Post: March 25th, 2003, 01:21 PM
By Ron Bechdolt in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 30Last Post: September 6th, 2002, 09:03 PM