Michael Vicks little brother...
    From the AP -

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick was dismissed from the team Friday, the result of numerous legal transgressions and his unsportsmanlike conduct in the Gator Bowl.

Another athlete out of control. Will he end up like Maurice Clarett?

CJ
    "Every mans life touches so many others"
    - Clarence

ABW Ambassador
    Stupid, i know he had some legal problems before. He was a good QB, must have screwed up really badly to get the boot.

Clarett should have just hung out at Ohio State, at least play thru his junior year, enter draft, make millions, set for life. Was just arrested within last week i believe, something about holding somebody up or something.

ABW Ambassador
    They make Lawrence Philips look like Wally Cleaver. (LP dragged his girlfriend out of Scott Frost's apartment by her hair, she had been shacking up there. He got really upset when he saw Scott driving his car with his girlfriend in the passenger seat.)

Trust,

If you didn't happen to see the clip of the Gator Bowl, after a play had ended, Marcus very deliberately stepped directly on the calf of an opposing player that was down on the ground. I don't know what kind of cleats he had on, but either way, it would hurt like hell and was just a very unsportsmanlike move.

I agree with you re: Clarett, if had just been a little more patient, things would have been so much more positive for him. There's no telling that he wouldn't have been a bad apple anyway, but with much more positive things going on around him it might have made for a much different outlook to him and helped him stay on the right path. A shame. For him to risk all of that, I have a feeling that there was more to his story about leaving Ohio State then was let on. Possibly, he knew that he wasn't going to be able to hang in there academically and tried to cover it by just getting out early. Just speculation. Who knows.

Sheri

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    What a dope! The NFL is known for bringing in brothers and sons of famous talent. (see mannings, gramaticas, etc). This guy could have easily been drafted and end up a millionaire athlete.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

ABW Ambassador
    "The NFL is known for bringing in brothers and sons of famous talent."

They still need to have the skill but also have you seen Phil Simms son, Chris Simms at Tampa. He's going to be a good one.

"If you didn't happen to see the clip of the Gator Bowl,"

Yeah I saw that. I remember he also had some past sexaul assault charges. He was on the way to playing somewhere in the NFL. Who knows what will happen. Oh well.

Thumbs down
    He's at it again! Seems he's been arrested today for pulling a gun on 3 teenagers!

He's a hood and a thug. Nice class, Marcus!

CJ
    "Every mans life touches so many others"
    - Clarence

ABW Ambassador
    http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10777702/

"Saturday, Vick announced he had decided to turn pro."

What a mess, I don't think anybody will take him, well maybe the Raiders.

Someone will probably take him but it won't be in the first or second round where he would have been if he could have just kept himself under control. It will be the difference between making millions and making $300-$400K. Still a Sh*%t ton of money, but not the "big" stuff. Problem being that all that money will just make him feel more entitled and above the law. His big brother needs to have a long sit down with him.

I guess now that there is the additional gun charge people might shy away. There are some pretty awesome quarterbacks coming into the NFL this next year so he will be way down there if someone does.

Your comment about the Raiders made me laugh out loud. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm just sad to see the NFL season coming to a close. Once that happens I hang onto what's left of the NCAA basketball season. End of March Madness usually marks the beginning of my sports draught until fall. I find the NBA and MLB intolerable. My only saving grace is that Kansas City has a new arena football team this year. My husband and I are planning on going to several games to check it out. I have to study up on all of the rules so that I can understand it when the season starts.

OK, so I got off topic. Sorry.

Sheri

He's a Turd. A good football program is now better off without him.

The real question is what kind of stupidity will this turd lay on us next?

Fred

What a mess, I don't think anybody will take him, well maybe the Raiders.
    Definitely the Raiders...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Wonder who's going to take Terrell? Heard something about Miami. They took back Ricky Williams, which i would have never done, so who knows. How about Terrell in Oakland? Terrell and Moss on the same team. 2 of the most talented WRs in the NFL but 2 of the most hard to control. Like watching a train wreck.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread