Do you have an opinion about Valueclick?
    I am new to this forum, but not new to affiliate marketing. I would like to find out everyone’s opinion about Valueclick, which has purchased CJ, Bfast, Mediaplex and websponsors, and more. Has anyone worked with Valueclick? What is your opinion?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    My opinion is that they've lost respect for the actual Value of a real Click.

ABW Ambassador
    Valueclick cpm/cpc? Or the whole network?

Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    Valueclick cpm/cpc? Or the whole network?

I'm referring to the whole valueclick network. I've worked with them, and I’m not sure if I really trust them. I really am not fond of their purchase of CJ. Just wanted to know what others thought.

My humble opinion of Valueclick is the company is run by a bunch of two faced tossers who are nothing but a bunch of parasite loving assoles. They will allow any methods of stealing sales from genuine affiliates so long as their cut of the comish is still ending up in their pockets. All in all not a very nice company to do business with.

How the hell they or any of their subsidiaries could get nominated for the best network of 2005 is beyond me.

On saying this I admit I do use some of their merchants, this is purely because they are not in any other (honest) network, the minute they open with a network like SAS all my links will be swapped.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I would expect that subsidiary (CJ) to handily win "Best Network," as is usual.

That said, I haven't had any dealings with the rest of ValueClick, so except for CJ I don't have direct experience with them. I will say that I haven't read any great reports about VC's CPM network, though.

All the large networks (CJ, LinkShare, and Performics) have been soundly flamed by various people. But, in some cases, others will defend them, depending on the issue. People tend to be partisan on this issue, as well. Everyone has a most favorite network--and one they wish would go to 404. Personally, I'd give LinkSnare a spot in 404sville.

The only well-known (at least by ABW) one that isn't flamed is ShareASale.

There are a few new minor players that don't get blasted, too, but I don't really know anything about those new players other than their names (and sometimes not even that much!).
    Last edited by Leader; January 7th, 2006 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Clarification
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread