About the FTP for datafeeds and security
    Hi,

I am looking at ShareASale datafeeds. I couldn't transfer the data straight from ShareASales datafeeds straight to my datafeed by using fread. I can with other networks.

So I am now working on a script so that I can FTP the information. The only problem that I have is that I have to write my username and password in the ftp php file so that I can get the information.

I was just wondering how you go about this as the FTP php file with my username and password will be uploaded to my server.

With this happening, I am now worried about my web hosting providers looking at my scripts and getting my shareasale username and passwords from the php files.

Is this something that I should be worried about as they are a very reliable company. But if one person from my web hosting company did get my username and passwords from my ftp php script then they could steal alot of money from my shareasale account.

How do you do your ftp scripts for download datafeeds so that your passwords are secure.

Thanks!

worried about my web hosting providers looking at my scripts and getting my shareasale username and passwords from the php files
    In general, your web hosts will have unrestricted access to any and every single file on their servers.
    I do think you are being a little paranoid, as if it ever got out that a web host used their powers to view passwords and "steal" in this way, they would be open to a huge lawsuit and quickly put out of business.
    As long as you are with a reputable company that has been around a few years, I think you will be fine.

OK!

Thanks. There is so much crime in this world that it worries me sometimes.

I am with a good reliable company so my worries have now disappeared.

This is very interesting. So what you are saying is if a employee of either a provider or network wanted to, they could somehow redirect all the activity from an affiliate site to theirs?

i suppose its same as asking,
    can the guy in bank get access to your account and transfer money.
    YES ! but he would get caught.
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Yes Neil,the KEY here is getting caught! This is similar to spyware,do they get any jail time?No, and the legal system knows that this is going on.Who's to say that a network is not doing this? There is an old saying "Pay yourself first"!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread