Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yet another message from Christine Hall, of Traffic Magnet fame, very concerned that I'm not listed in some of the search engines.

Once again, the message was sent to an E-mail address used only as a hidden value to process a form. I sent a message to Commission Junction about this, I know they've been aware of this issue for some time, so it seems they don't mind having spammers as part of their network.

I wonder what the price is on ethics these days? :rolleyes:

Andy

quote:
    E-mail address used only as a hidden value to process a form

I've gotten some emails like this from her. How exactly does this work that she gets our emails off of our web sites? And are you saying she is getting some of it from our CJ information?

Don't forget ... http://www.abestweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/...&f=17&t=000878

-----------
    7-days,

They use an email harvestor.

Haiko

Haiko,

Yes, I see that Todd said CJ would invetigate this over a month ago. I would be nice if they told us what they have found.

7-days,

I just checked my "Ask a Question" status and saw:

Reference #
    020524-000101

Category
    Tracking and Technical Issues Technical

Date Created
    05/24/2002 11:54 AM

Date Updated
    06/11/2002 11:32 AM

Date Closed
    06/11/2002 11:32 AM

Status
    Solved :eek: :eek: :eek:

There are no notes on the ticket and TrafficMagnet is still Active so ...

I was also spammed today by Traffic Magnet!

Please forward your spam from TrafficMagnet to cjspamcomplaint@custhelp.com .

Don't Bother!

Since January I have forwarded all the emails ... CJ will NOT remove them, that is obvious ... The advertiser TOS is just a bloody joke!

Haiko

Todd,

quote:
    Please forward your spam from TrafficMagnet to cjspamcomplaint@custhelp.com

Done. I sent header information as well as a copy of the message.

Andy

I'm pretty sure they were raiding WHOIS entries too.

Should be called SPAM Magnet.

Dammit I have their banners.. 400 clicks, 1 sale. Not great.

Haiko,

Just becasue you say it's spam, does not mean that it is spam. CJ needs to get multiple complaints in order to build a case and terminate the account.

Thanks Andy.

Todd,

quote:
    Just becasue you say it's spam, does not mean that it is spam. CJ needs to get multiple complaints in order to build a case and terminate the account.

CJ knows that they use a harvestor, you have proof of that and you know that they spam everyone ... you don't take my word for it ... http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ficmagnet+spam (Same page I sent six months ago with the first complaints. )

Haiko

18 days with no response from CJ is irresponsible. I, too, submitted a request using CJ's "Ask A Question" support service and it took just about as long. Well, at least they responded to mine (although I had to nudge them after several days).

I've said this elsewhere here on the board, if CJ has an autoresponder that tells you will get a response in 72 hours using this service, then BY GOSH YOU SHOULD GET A RESPONSE IN 72 HOURS, NOT 18 DAYS!

If you can't respond in 72 hours, then remove this message. How hard is it to see this is a very sour public relations thing for us affiliates. I know with service like that, I prefer to come here because, if it is a hot item, Todd will respond quicker than CJ support. Now, Todd, wouldn't it be better to have these problems address privately by CJ support than spread across the internet here at this board?

Just tell me you will have a response in a week to my support questions, then follow through by responding within a week and I'd be much happier.

[ 06-19-2002: Message edited by: 7-days ]

[ 06-19-2002: Message edited by: 7-days ]

Christine Hall is member of this board and she was here this morning.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Jonny

quote:
    Christine Hall is member of this board and she was here this morning.

Are you sure it's the same Christine Hall? If so, I'd sure like to hear her version of how she got the two E-mail addresses that were used to SPAM me.

I know for a fact neither have EVER been used to sign up for anything. Period.

Further, I'd like a response from her as to why when I've tried to OPT-OUT of her list, not only do I continue to get messages from her, but I also start to get tons of other junk mail as well. Selling E-mail lists, perhaps? :rolleyes:

I still find it hard to believe that any business gets a response from SPAM. I mean, who in their right mind would do business with a company that has no respect for another's privacy?

Andy

quote:
    Originally posted by JJJay:
    I was also spammed today by Traffic Magnet!

i have a lot of sites and i get spammed by them DAILY.

at more than one address

so, they are part of cj??

maybe a little mailbombing VIA some FFA sites is in order here

quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    Haiko,

Thanks Andy.

you ARE aware of the definition of spam???

juts because you say its not spam doesnt mean its not

Are you suggesting that CJ delete a publisher or an advertiser from one person's complaint? I believe it to be spam but we need more than one or two complaints to build a case to deactivate the account.

Update: After receiveing several more complaints today and completing the documentation of spam abuse and violation of the CJ ASA, TrafficMagnet was deactivated as an advertiser.

Thanks for all of your help in resolving this matter.

[ 06-19-2002: Message edited by: ToddCrawford, CJ.com ]

quote:
    Update: After receiveing several more complaints today and completing the documentation of spam abuse and violation of the CJ ASA, TrafficMagnet was deactivated as an advertiser.

Todd, Mr. Crawford, Sir, I NOW have REAL respect for CJ COMPLIANCE!

Haiko
    PS. You realize from the google link and my multiple email forwards from six months ago that this has been a long overdue action!

PPS. Thank you Todd and CJ for being HONEST about this issue!

Todd and CJ,

You have my thanks also. I received Christine's email today on several of my accounts.

Ayup, this is why I deleted my CJ account months ago after the last "advertisers buy in to send you emails" thread that ticked me off so much.

Don't miss the spam at all and was able to make up the cash other places. Sadly, it was one of the best moves I ever made.

ABW Ambassador
    Todd,
    I know over the past few months, you have received more than '1 persons complaint'. I know I've forwarded them to you, and I have complained publicly here about it. Seems Haiko has been forwarding them to cj also. That's at least 2 complaints [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

quote:
    I still find it hard to believe that any business gets a response from SPAM. I mean, who in their right mind would do business with a company that has no respect for another's privacy?

Yes unfortunately they do. One day at the radio station, our GM told me he got an e-mail from Christine Hall and wanted me to follow up on it. I explained the situation to him, and then took him to our sales office and opened the e-mail. There is every employee with the same thing. Then I showed him the one that was in our contest folder. We have an option for visitors to enter our on-air contests by filling out a form. I also showed him the ones sent to the main studio via a 'Song Request'.

I was then able to educate him about scrapers...

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Way to go Todd on deactivating an obvious spammer posing as a merchant to sell off e-mail addresses as their primary business. I received over 10 daily for weeks from Ms Hall and her spoofed return address is in the www.spamcop.net database. Their is no legit traffic building affiliate program since no company or product can assure you traffic ...all con jobs. Some like web position gold do hand submit and work on optomizing pages that generate some results.

Every major search engine requires you pay for submission to even get considered for a listing. No secret sauce is available for the traffic promising wanks.

Good Job, Cj n Todd.

ABW Ambassador
    Todd,
    My hats off to you!!!! I'm glad to see CJ stepping up to the plate, and recent activity such as this start to change my opinion of CJ.

Ya' know, Todd....we're hard on you for your own good [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast