Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    And the smoke clears!
    We finally got some rain last night! Whooo Hoooo!!! Now maybe the fire fighters will get a well deserved rest and I will smell something other than smoke...
    [color=blue]"Those who give up their freedom for a little security deserve neither freedom nor security" - Benjamin Franklin[/color]

No rain for us yet in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Our last rain (other than 0.02" once) was in October. They're saying we have a chance for some rain Monday, but we'll see.

Here's a picture of our neighbor's yard back behind us. One of the neighbors had a fire get out of control and burned up a couple other neighbor's back yards about two weeks ago. It came right up almost to our back yard, but didn't come into our yard. He got a pretty hefty fine for ignoring the burn ban.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Whew, that was CLOSE... Now your neighbor understands why they have "burn bans". We've been lucky. Fires all around, lots of smoke, but no flames near enough to be a danger.

I was going to town a few days ago. About 15 miles up the road I passed 2 fire trucks headed back toward my home. I wondered why they were going that way as I had not seen a fire when I drove up the hiway. When I got to town a lady told me they had a fire near her friends house. Thankfully the fire depts were notified and could respond before it became a major fire. This was near Broken Bow Lake, if you know where that is. (We get a lot of Dallas vacationers up here so I thought you might know the area)

We have had sore throats from breathing the smoke so long, but that's nothing compared to the people who have lost homes and had their lives in danger.

Hope you, and everyone in the dry areas, stay safe and the rains come soon!
    [color=blue]"Those who give up their freedom for a little security deserve neither freedom nor security" - Benjamin Franklin[/color]

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Dang ... glad everyone's still safe. We've gotten somewhat past the bad fire season here in Los Angeles. But I understand about breathing smoke and sore throats Elictrickitty. Fires all around (not close enough to be in danger) but so much smoke in every direction, there was no gettting away from it.

OK everybody off their butts and do a rain dance! LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Dancing my little heart out. Come on everyone, join in!

Somebody beat the

We need a rain dance smilie... and a tom-tom

Here's a "singing in the rain" dance... hope it works!

.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Pineapple" class="inlineimg" />devildanc

Dancing with you EK!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

We finally got some much needed rain here today! We've had a nice, steady drizzle all day with some periods of light rain. That's good, though, as that's about all our ground can handle. A heavy rain would have just run off.

We got over 0.6" of rain today, which puts us just over 1" (total) since November 1.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lectrickitty
    Dancing my little heart out. Come on everyone, join in!

Somebody beat the
    Ooh! That reminds me of a Country Music raindance song:

Step back nonbelievers
    Or the rain will never come
    Someone start that fire burnin'
    Somebody beat the drum
    (From Lizzie and the Rain Man Link does not imply an endorsement of the lyrics site on the other end, which was just the #1 in Y SERPs)

You've already got the fires (although I don't think that's the kind the song meant!) and I don't see any nonbelievers posting. So if somebody beats the drum you should indeed be all set...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Step back nonbelievers
    Or the rain will never come
    Someone start that fire burnin'
    Somebody beat the drum
    That's the song I had in mind, I couldn't remember the words, thanks for posting them.

The rain dance must have worked. We've had several light rains the past week. The grass is starting to turn green again. I love these nice days with a nice fire in the fireplace and the windows open.

Quote Originally Posted by Lectrickitty

The rain dance must have worked. We've had several light rains the past week. The grass is starting to turn green again. I love these nice days with a nice fire in the fireplace and the windows open.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread