Incentive
    Hi.

Please let me know about some affiliate networks allowing incentive traffic.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    scumbags-r-us.ra and 180solutions.com come to mind.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Lightbulb
    I saw this question at some other forum so here is the current list:

MaxBounty.com
    IncentAClick.com
    HydraMedia.com
    IncentiveMatrix.com

I have seen several people here really harp on incentive traffic. I understand that some can be bad but what about this situation.
    You have a site and you give away a 50 inch plasma tv in a random giveaway every 3 months. To enter, the user just has to do an offer that the advertiser allows incentive traffic on. How is this bad? The advertiser wins because they allow the incentived traffic, the user wins becuase they have a chance to get a really cool TV and the webmaster wins as they make a little money. If the conversions are bad for the advertiser, they would not continue or if there was no ROI, they would stop. I just can't see who looses here. Please tell me.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    When the real statistical chances of winning aren't revealed, the consumer loses.
    When the webmaster disappears and no prize is awared, the consumer loses.
    When the webmaster resells the personal data, the consumer loses.
    When consumers realize it's not what it's portrayed to be, the merchant's involved suffer sentiment backlash.

The FTC says:

~~~~~~~~1~~~~~~~~
    There's a big difference between legitimate sweepstakes and fraudulent ones.

Prizes in legitimate contests are awarded solely by chance, and contestants don't have to pay a fee or buy something to enter or increase their odds of winning.

~~~~~~~~2~~~~~~~~
    Scam artists often use the promise of a valuable prize or award to entice consumers to send money, buy overpriced products or services, or contribute to bogus charities. People who fall for their ploys may end up paying far more than their "prizes" are worth, if they get a prize at all.

What these people are likely to get - especially if they signed up for a contest drawing at a public place or event - may be more than they bargained for: more promotions in the mail, more telemarketing calls and more unsolicited commercial email, or "spam." This is because many prize promoters sell the information they collect to advertisers.

Worse yet, contest entrants might subject themselves to a bogus prize promotion scam.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread