Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    He Couldn't Have Done Better If He TRIED to Keep Me From Joining!
    I got this aff recruitment spam through my GoodBulbs contact form today. It's so bad it's as if he was TRYING to make sure I never join his program!!

My comments are in bold.

I got thru to this link via your posts under "leader" ( Starts off by not capitalizing "Leader." Way to make a first impression! ) on "A best web marketing forum" (That's ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum)and would like to explore the possibilty of hiring you (HIRING?!? Missed all my posts about "those who delude that they're employers," and what I think of that, huh?! ) among others that I'm in dicussion with (Spammed a few more people...) in regard promoting my web site products for % of each sale you bring in. (Guess what! Hiring = salary. Promote for percentage = SELF EMPLOYED independent contractor. Also, I don't play guessing games; you should have said the percentage up front.)

Here is the address :www.sp*m.com

If you have any question please don't hesitate to ask

How do you expect to sell those when you're only offering wholesale quantities? That should be a onesy item! How many instances of the same disease do you think your customers are going to catch?!

How come the CheckOut button for your product took me to a paypal page--for a DIFFERENT product?! Miscoding--or don't you want to sell the items on that site via paypal~?

What's with the "contact us" form saying that you have to be contacted for info for buying the products on that site?!? How's THAT going to track!

What network are you on?
    If you're not on a network (an indy), how come your Affiliate Terms of Service aren't available on your site? And again, how do you intend to track the sales?

Your paypal product was in Pounds Sterling. Do you intend to send commissions in USD or Pounds? And, the apparent total lack of affiliate tracking ability makes me wonder if you intend to send commissions, "full stop"...
    )
    Geesh... The worst thing is, he was admittedly right ON ABW, yet he didn't pick up any of the clue train tickets that are all over the place Needless to say, I won't be signing up, or contacting him.
    Last edited by Leader; January 11th, 2006 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Oops--"some-spammer" was a real site! But not the one that sent me this. Changed spammer site reference to nonworking URL.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Other than for the entertainment and education value - why didn't you use the delete key as your first step?

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by micheck
    Other than for the entertainment and education value - why didn't you use the delete key as your first step?

Charles
    You guessed it exactly--entertainment, and education value!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    GAWD ... the creeps walk among us ...
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Yes -- I hate it when a merchant crawls a site for e-mails..
    then sends a message begging for "Employees / AFFILIATES" LOL...

Why don't they just hang out here and open a forum if they are interested in ABWer's...

That tells me that they are not only STUPID but CHEAP as well...

------
    Funny stuff as always -- Leader.. ( Notice The Capitol Letter )
    Love to read your rants about stuff like this.. LMAO..

Duz this mean you won't be accepting my offer leader?

I've been impressed at you gudbulbz prog and think you need minimom wage to jump through my hoops.

Shame - maybe i af 2 to du it me self.

Ain't it great when real life exceeds fantasy!

A ha! Paul outs himself as a bad spelling affiliate forum troll! I expect better from our British counterparts!

The background story
    It was approximately 3 hours from the time Leader posted a link to the nonexistant http://www.some-spammer.com site until she found out there was a site there and deleted the link.

The background story:

Some enterprising and unnamed person read the post, saw there was no site there, and figured if Leader linked to it others probably would too. Automatic PR. So she rushed out and registered the domain name, wrote some text, put up some adsense ads, and felt pleased with herself.

Then she came back to this thread only to find out that the link was gone. Hmm. So she did some back-link checking and couldn't find any. Oh well, domains are cheap. It was worth a try.

I now own 50 domains, by the way.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

ROFL ROFL I wondered who the heck would register that! I never even thought that it only went live after I posted that!

PWND!

oh... nevermind.

I'm 33. I can't say that...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I can see your point. You think the offer sucks. Still I would not call him a spammer...I mean he manually found and contacted you because they figured you might be genuinally interested. I know some folks get all up in stitches if they are "cold called" for any reason....but what if it would of been something of interest? I don't mind myself being emailed for proposals as long as it is not automated....one of the best programs I ever joined found me and not the other way around.

and I agree with the "Looking to Hire" BS....that's a mute/nonexistent angle.

I called him a spammer, because he apparently went through the posts here at ABW and emailed everyone he could come up with a contact for, yet didn't bother to actually read any of the posts--rather than because he thought I might have any special success with his program.

And after reading AddHandler's comment about "crawling" the forum, I doubt I was manually found at all...a human who'd actually read the forums here wouldn't have made some of those mistakes that were in the email (hopefully )

I know some folks get all up in stitches if they are "cold called" for any reason....but what if it would of been something of interest?
    I probably wouldn't have flamed it here, but mentally I still would have called it an "interesting" or "good"...spam.

I generally don't get upset over unsolicited AM offers. But there were soooo many off-putting things in this one, that it became offensive. If someone's going to make an offer, the least they can do is avoid those obvious fudge-ups!

one of the best programs I ever joined found me and not the other way around.
    Unfortunately, usually when someone solicits me it's some kind of nonstarter. Even when they don't make a total mash of the attempt, I've yet to see a decent product on the other end...

I read 'em all, though, and the flamethrower only comes out after I've checked out the deal. Even for this one, I did go to their site and see what it was about.

You clarified. I stand corrected. Hang the spammer! (Flame intended)

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread