Can't stand it no more! $0 sale
    This is the first time I've had this happen and I can't find an explanation here or at CJ. And I can't stand not knowing anymore!

Sale = $0 Commission = $0 Reversal = $0 (merchant batch=no)

My best guess is that the customer started the process and maybe their credit card didn't go through?

What else could it be?

Thanks,
    Suzie
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

Internet Cowboy
    Customer ordering a catalog or using a gift card. Some companies do not show the sale on the back end when a gift card is used. Affiliate gets screwed on these. I usually get one about every 4000 transactions among all my merchants. I say don't sweat it unless it happens a lot.

Sale #2 and it's also for $0.00. So I've sent an email asking for an explaination. Probably a catalog, I guess. It's exciting to see a sale and then you crash coz there's no commission.
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

This has happened to my affiliates
    Hello, this has happened to a few of my affiliates a while back but I had my IT manager double check the back end and verify over and over again that pixel tracking was taking place on our confirmation pages. He found out in the process that an order error was taking place but b/c CJ is pixel tracked, CJ thought a sale took place for $0.00. So it still registered even though no sale actually took place. And we were still being charged the CJ fee of $.30 per zero dollar sale!! This is a merchant issue, so you should contact them and/or their IT department. I also arranged a conference call with Chris Davis, a CJ tech services manager. He told me that as a merchant, you have to monitor and check and recheck that your back end is tracking pixels on the confirmation page. Also, redirect customers in an effort for them to complete their order 100% so a $0.00 will not appear.

I usually bonus the affiliate our average sale because there is no way to tell how much that order was. It could be $5, it could be $500 so in order to alleviate hard feelings, I think the merchant should atleast bonus you an average order sale.

Just my technique, but it depends on the merchant. Since we looked into the problem, we haven't had any more zero sales.

Good Luck, ~Kmacbc

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread