Marketing CB products through email = loads of cash
    I work for one of the larger cpa affiliate networks whose affiliate base is made up of about 85% email publishers mailing out to over 30 million people a month. We currently use some CB ebooks/products and have had incredible success, but have found it difficult to find CB merchants and even more diffucult to convince them there is a great deal of revenue to be made from promoting their products through email.

My question is this.. if you had a product on CB, would you promote it through email marketing and if so, would you be willing to modify your sales page/marketing materials in order to most effectively reach the consumer through email (i.e. might need to spend a very small amount of money to create HTML ads)?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Good idea. CB equipment is so "old technology" your company can spam the heck out of 3rd world countries as pay back...
    Last edited by ecomcity; January 12th, 2006 at 01:42 AM.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by deannakey
    email publishers mailing out to over 30 million people a month.
    There's a name for people who send out email to that many people.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I think I have been misunderstood. We are a affiliate network with 100's of affiliates whose total efforts equal 30+ million emails to exclusively double opt-in newsletter subscribers. Definetely do not want to get into a dispute about or the like.

and you will like to see an email address posted, that is not a hotmail or yahoo email address?

http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...19&postcount=2

I get tons of spam from affiliates of CPA networks that claimed to be opt in. I've followed through on some of them, and in every case, the affiliate had bought my email address from somewhere else.

I'm not saying that the affiliates in your CPA network do the same, but I would be highly surprised if a good portion of that 30 million wasn't spam.

If I were a merchant, I would never advertise through email like that. I don't care how well it performs. I would never want to be associated with spammers.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Good idea. CB equipment is so "old technology" your company can spam the heck out of 3rd world countries as pay back...
    back atcha Mike
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

30+ million emails don't deserve a reply with a smilie gif like that!

for sending 30+ million emails there is a bigger price!

What does CPA stand for.... Crooks Practicing Advertising?

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

It really stands for Cost Per Action, but I think I like your definition better.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Thank you Mike and Mike for once again being so vocal as to turn a simple forum post into a soap box. The funny part is, you are so willing to spout your dislike for emailing as a viable form of advertising for moral and ethical affiliates yet you both are profiting from it each day.

Mike H. -
    Your comment, "What does CPA stand for.... Crooks Practicing Advertising?" is hilarious. Every affiliate program you promote is CPA...you do not get paid unless a action is completed. (Overstock, Sierra and JR.com). Are you a crook?

As I had said, most of our affiliates get their data from opt-in newsletters. I could not find that you directly offered a newsletter (which I do not find surprising) but most of the companies your represent do. Now anyone that has been reading ABW for any amount of time knows that you a big proponent of only advertising for companies which meet a high standard of service and offer a value to both the consumer and the affiliate. With that said, how can you stand behind a company like Overstock who collects emails via newsletter subscription and then sends emails out which include CPA offers (which I have first hand knowledge of)? Overstocks Privacy states the following:
    We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf

These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous. If you would like more information about this practice and your choices.

You're directly profiting from Overstocks newsletters by their subscribers returning to Overstock and hitting the original active cookie that was placed from your link.

Mike C. -
    On your website amazing-bargains , you offer a newsletter subscription option. When viewing the sample newsletter you provided, there are 100's of CPA offers from companies such as Amazon, Priceline and Dell. What I am asking in regards to ClickBank, is for a affiliate such as yourself to include a link to a ClickBank product, or to do a solo email drop promoting a ClickBank product to their opt-in subscribers.

I just find it funny that as an affiliate manager, I work with many people who are honest and smart businessmen, just like yourselves, yet you are the first to squash my post and stand in the way of my ability to interact with the members of this forum due to your incessant need to be on a .

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by deannakey
    I just find it funny that as an affiliate manager, I work with many people who are honest and smart businessmen, just like yourselves, yet you are the first to squash my post and stand in the way of my ability to interact with the members of this forum due to your incessant need to be on a .
    30 million email = Spam unless you are the owner of AOL or something like that.

First off I do offer a newsletter and email specials to a select Double-Opt-in group of computer geeks and resellers since 1998. They have to agree to PAY $25.00 annual dues to even get one of my e-mails. It's a private group at Yahoo's eGroups so members can manage their own e-mail settings, and even converse with the entire group. My take on e-mail marketing is that all mass mailers should be required to pay 1/10th of a penny for each e-mail to get it delivered to anyone's e-mail in-box. I called it my Digi-eStamp cure to end all worldwide spammers from poluting legit e-mail marketing.

Problem for ClickBank, and other anonomous affiliate CPA aggregrators, is they refuse to require any e-mails have at least 1/10th of a cent value contained within the e-mail promotional offers. They'd refuse to pay 1/10th of a cent for a bulk Digi-eStamp guaranteeing delivery through any ISP's members POP3 account. Until they'd endorse this spam free absolute cure to e-mail marketing abuses, they are just riskfree monitizers of list broker clients. Just search ABW for eStamp to view what the IAB and DMA refuses to respond to as the perfect cure to worldwide spamming.

Internet Cowboy
    Why is this forum even here? Spammers, site scrapers and the like seem to be what CB is full of.

deannakey, whats your email?
    leave your email here, I need to contact you. We might be able to do some business. ;-)

ABW Ambassador
    I am curious to this network, 30million and your description (clickbank, ugh) puts you in a group of 3-5 companies I could guess at. None of which have a clean record. But I have to thank you for posting, anything that gets mike to post that people pay $25 a year to read his emails is a great thing...

Chet

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    but have found it difficult to find CB merchants and even more diffucult to convince them there is a great deal of revenue to be made from promoting their products through email.
    The reason for that is probably because they are concerned about spam. Just you saying that your affs are not spammers (maybe high volume email deployers?), doesn't mean the merchants don't have concerns about them being spammers. Maybe the merchants haven't been convinced that they aren't spammers?? And merchants have very good reasons to be concerned right now if affiliates are spamming or not. CB has a reputation of having spammers in their midst. Maybe that reputation has something to do with the inability to convince the merchants.

if you had a product on CB, would you promote it through email marketing
    No I would not promote it through email marketing or want it promoted through email marketing. I might ok such a campaign for very select affiliates that I know personally over a period of time and that I had good confidence they truly ran an opt-in list. If MC came to me as a merchant and wanted to run an email campaign through his list, I'd probably ok it. But no way would I just allow it for unknown entities to me. And I'd still probably check them out through various spam sources to see if they had any black marks against them for spamming.

But I certainly wouldn't just take someone's word for it that those 30M email addresses were truly opt-in. In fact, they'd have to be double opt-in. And I'd wouldn't even want in part of a co-reg list. The risk level is too high with regards to someone possibly using spam to promote my product.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread