Google Penalizing its Enemies?
    Quick question. I do a lot of reading on SEO tools blah blah blah, and I was looking at the WebCEO website.

I've used the free version for quite a while, and while it's limited (as is the full version mind you), and I was impressed with it.

So webceo's home page has a decent Alexa ranking, but a PR of ZERO.

Does google penalize the sites of persons who make software that do autosubmissions and auto position checks?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

So webceo's home page has a decent Alexa ranking, but a PR of ZERO.
    That has got to tell you something. If they have 0 pr and its not a new site then they are doing something wrong. Is the pr bar greyed out? If its greyed out then they really screwed up.

Would you take advice from a supposed SEO firm that can't even get a pr ranking on their main selling website (if they are targetting Google as there SEO engine)?

What are autosubmissions? Submitting your site to searchengines? If that is it then they are really trying to scam people. In the current environment there is no need to submit to SE's they will find you as long as you have decent links in.

As far as autoposition checks I don't think sites get penalized for that there are many out there that seem to be doing fine.(I beleive you have a certain amount of accesses per day to Google if your using API's)
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

I certainly don't use them for advice... I use it for keyword research. I'm not in any way advocating their services. I was more interested to see if Google is physically manifesting their disapprovel of these services.

And yes, I meant submitting sites to SE's. We all know that's a bad practice.
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Sorry I thought from your posts around here you were past using a service like that. I actually downloaded the free version of webceo awhile back but never got around to trying it.

I don't think Google can strip pr unless the site was violating something and got a hand ban (or they lost some good backlinks). Otherwise every site goes through thier algo like everyother site. I remember reading somewhere they do not look favorably at some SEO firms. Maybe they do closer inspection on those sites once they find them.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

LOL. I am past it... But I appreciate your confidence in my abilities
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread