X-10 Not Paying Phone Sales
    Has anyone had any problems with X-10 Technology affiliate program for non payment of commissions ?

Let me share my horror story :

I made a $400.00 sale in Early October 2005 , the sale was to a client who used the phone number on the affiliate website.

I waited and waited for the commision to be posted on my CJ account and finally called X-10 (Raul Sedano) who (in my opinion) was unprofessional and unconcerned that my sale had not been reported. He claimed that there was no record of the sale, even when my client had verified with me that he had paid and received the products from X-10.

I again called X-10, left emails with CJ (who said "there is nothing they can do") Mr. Sedano said I must get the sale number from my client to verify the sale. This is unprofessional as far as I'm concerned.

After submitting the number to X-10 I waited and waited some more, then called again and went through the whole email and sales number scenario again. They still coulkd not locate the sale

Finally they found it and gave me some blah blah blah story about confusion over which affiliate program I was in ????

The commission was then reported to CJ , but guess what ?

I STILL HAVE NOT BEEN PAYED, I have waited over 3 months and finally cancelled my affiliate account with X-10.

When notifying X-10 that I had cancelled my acount and still had not been payed I got this BS reply:

Hello;

I take every effort to ensure my affiliates receive the commission they are entitled to, and treat every affiliate professionally and with respect. It is a shame that your affiliation with us had to end this way.

We have many affiliates earning a great deal of income through our program, and are sorry that your account with us was not as successful.

You do not need to request our permission for cancellation. You are free to expire the relationship at any time through the CJ interface.
    Yes, I am mad and feel ripped off by X-10 and dissapointed as I have invested time and money promoting their products. They do not seem concerned that I have not been payed or even an explanation as to why.

BEWARE.

Gar,

I emailed the thread to the CEO of X10, this will be resolved for you.

Email me (haiko/@/abestweb.com) with any q's and your contact information.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    the sale was to a client who used the phone number on the affiliate website.
    I'm not aware of any merchant who pays an affiliate commission on a sale that was consummated over the phone. That's why affiliates hate to see toll free numbers on the landing page accessed through an affiliate link.

X10 offers 800 tracking in the VIP program, not sure of on the CJ program.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

X-10 has been going downhill for awhile now. I was converting at 1 in every 30 customers and now I haven't had a sale in over 300 customers. Something in their program has changed and so I am now not sending them my traffic. It was a gold mine waiting to happen before the 'change'.
    :warning: If we don't get some cool rules ourselves.... pronto... then we'll just be bogus too..

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Collier
    X-10 has been going downhill for awhile now. I was converting at 1 in every 30 customers and now I haven't had a sale in over 300 customers. Something in their program has changed and so I am now not sending them my traffic. It was a gold mine waiting to happen before the 'change'.
    Ditto for me, Kevin. Things went sour for me around summer. In one month, I had all but one of my sales just disappear from my reporting. They said that there were problems with the credit cards or something, but they had also previously told me that they don't post commissions until credit cards are verified. I can see one or two, possibly even three, sales being reversed due to bad credit card, but almost ALL of my sales??? The next month, I had about $1000 in sales disappear. Same reason given.

Shortly after that, I went from $$$ to $0 in no time flat, so I stopped actively promoting them sometime around September or October. It's a shame because they seemed to be pretty promising.

Even though there have been hundreds of clicks through my SEO pages, no sales since August.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread