Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Question Price comparison script?
    Hi,

I'm looking for a price comparison script.
    The only I found that can be of use is this one:
    www . kaonsoftwares.com/price-comparison-script.html.

Any other recommendations?

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Ed Byerly; December 13th, 2008 at 01:54 PM.
    [URL=http://www.affiliatesnetwork.info/links/][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Affiliatesnetwork[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] | [URL=http://findhotel.info/hotels/][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=1][B]Book a hotel[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] | [URL=http://affiliate-marketing.affiliatesnetwork.info/][SIZE=1][B][COLOR=DarkOrange]Affiliate Marketing Blog[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/URL]

Anyone?

I'm guessing most people roll their own or have hired someone to write it....if you can't find one through searches you can always hire someone to write it if your not up for programming it yourself.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

I too am interested in a price comparison script...

I would write my own, but thought it would be easier & faster to buy one -- but can't afford the $450 that Kaon Softwares (above link) charges --- also, they show on their site :

Auto-Crawler, for crawling merchants' websites to get products and prices (It is useful if a particular merchant dont support datafeeds)
    ... I am alittle worried about this, could it be used to copy sites (coarse this is another discussion all together)

Kend

Quote Originally Posted by Kend
    ... I am alittle worried about this, could it be used to copy sites (coarse this is another discussion all together)
    I don't know about their software, but my custom scripts also do some scraping for prices and descriptions of merchants without feeds. Anyone that could write the code to scrape off merchant data could also easily copy a whole website. It would be easier since there would be less info to separate from the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Kend
    I too am interested in a price comparison script...

I would write my own, but thought it would be easier & faster to buy one -- but can't afford the $450 that Kaon Softwares (above link) charges --- also, they show on their site :
    I took a look at this script and it does seem to boast true price comparison, but the quality is fairly low. I doubt you're going to find anything that does true price comparison for cheaper than this. I don't think anybody who has a good price comparison is willing to let it go.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I checked with Kaon and they inform that about 8 pages of the script are encrypted. Others may opine differently, I will, however, never buy an encrypted script. You can't customize such a script (changing look and feel is not enough) and unable to rectify errors and bugs. Besides, who knows what Trojan Horse is coming in with the script that will installed on your SERVER!

have you check datafeedfile.com?

Quote Originally Posted by discu55
    have you check datafeedfile.com?
    This looks a lot like GoldenCan except it's completely broken. The demo pages are loaded with errors. I can't see why anybody would use something that doesn't work.

- Scott

Check out pricetapestry.com. They provide a price comparison script along with a data feed parser. Price is incredibly low (lower then Kaon).

I've yet to hear anything negative about it (doesn't mean there isn't anything wrong with it). I'm thinking about purchasing it myself in the next day or two.

Anybody use it yet?

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Yeah, I was hoping to keep it a secret hahahaha! Great script and support.

Quote Originally Posted by dflsports
    Yeah, I was hoping to keep it a secret hahahaha! Great script and support.
    I've seen the PriceTapestry adsense ad running here at the bottom of threads; I'd bet their site-targeting with CPM... tough to keep that a secret

I've been recommending Price Tapestry as well, but it's price comparison mechanism is extremly simple and non-practical. It only bases a match between two products on their product names. So if two shoes are called "Brand A Walkers" in two separate datafeeds, they'll be matched together. But if the titles vary by a single character they won't be matched up. This is a tremendous flaw if you want to focus on the price comparison aspect. Otherwise the datafeed management and usability seem fairly solid.

- Scott

Whatcha expect for less than $100. you know I never noticed tha ads running here. I really use it for the data management but also have a few hacks that I use.

A bit more expensive but check this too,
    www . pricethat.co.uk/documentation/
    Last edited by Ed Byerly; December 13th, 2008 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Unlinked...

I cannot for the life of me, find the price of that product. It looks like a great piece of software though.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBusiness
    I cannot for the life of me, find the price of that product. It looks like a great piece of software though.
    I think the cost of PriceThat is like a Ferrari.... if you have to ask.....

lol - Kind of what I was thinkin'

It does look sweet though. But I can't dish out $200k right now...maybe next week..

You have to go to magicparser.com and buy that script to get the price tapestry script, maybe I should get an affiliate link for you. (too bad I'm not an affiliate of theirs but they do have a program) The owner of the script has been so very helpful I don't mind giving him free traffic

Quote Originally Posted by markschok
    A bit more expensive but check this too,
    www . pricethat.co.uk/documentation/
    The owner made a post here on ABW a few days ago. He uses the nickname "pricethat". Maybe we can get him to post about this script and what his plans are in terms of licensing. To me it seems like it's not for sale to affiliates, but I could be mistaken.

- Scott
    Last edited by Ed Byerly; December 13th, 2008 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Unlinked...

I just sent them an email, hopefully they will respond. Looks like they are marketing to networks and affiliates?

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    The owner made a post here on ABW a few days ago. He uses the nickname "pricethat". Maybe we can get him to post about this script and what his plans are in terms of licensing. To me it seems like it's not for sale to affiliates, but I could be mistaken.

- Scott

Definitely for sale to affiliates, at least I saw a mention of it elsewhere back in January so I'd imagine it's still for sale just now. It does look a serious piece of software. Sorry, I forgot the price isn't on the website but I have seen it mentioned.

hello peoples
    Thanks to Markschok from a4uforum for pointing me to this thread....

In answer to your questions yes the script is for sale to affiliates as well as networks. As we tend to only supply software to networks and or large affiliates across europe we tend to be pretty low key with our efforts to promote it other than the odd forum.

The product data utility is a result of around 2 years of programming with a team of 5 programmers and is made up of two parts, the "updater" which collects and processes affiliate data and seperately the price comparison scripts which is probably the most common use for all that data once you have it although we have a few customers that only need a solid, reliable automatic data management application.

Our software is not a cheap php script or two, the core of the software is written in perl with a php admin interface.

I float around this forum more often to lend a little hand to people rather than push software so i can't really go into huge details on here, but if you are looking for software that would allow you to offer a full price comparison service which matches the quality of large portals such as shopping.com, pricerunner or kelkoo then i haven't seen anything close to what we offer. But like i say, it is purely from the results of 2 years of solid programming from our development team.

As everyone who purchases our software has a slightly different project in mind we tend to have to build things to spec based on the original software (design or sepcific functions) so prices do vary but a standard full installation with a certain amount of custom requirement programming, variable 3 to 6 months support along with on site training for staff etc costs 5,000.00 GBP. This is for the full source code without any licensing restrictions, the only limitation is you are not entitled to sell it or reproduce it in any form as a competing product. Whilst that might seem a lot of money to a lot of people it represents very little when you consider the cost of building something like this yourself. Any monies we collect through resale of software only goes back into the development fund anyway in which you are welcome to get updates for as long as we develop the product.

To answer the post above, yes more often than not it is networks that purchase our scripts more so because we have the skills to manage data far beyond their own in house teams.

I have respect for the pricetapestry scripts but like another poster said already you can not really compare them together, one is a simple basic script that allows you to do a bit of price comparison and ours is a i guess a little like a ferrari in comparison. (hell i can see a price comparison software price comparison site coming on).

I hope that is of help to people, i appreciate it is a lot of money but certainly not out of the way in consideration of the returns software like this can help people make. We are not rich ourselves but certainly the profits generated have been enough to further develop this software into what it is today.

I will try and keep my eye on this thread if any one has any other questions,

regards

Matthew Yabsley

As someone with an in-house solution of my own, 5,000 GBP is a bargain for something of that depth (including training and support even). I'd seen Pricethat through the A4U forum a while ago and I was duly impressed. Do not apologize for the price!

Just in case your curious, that would cost $9,430.99 in US currency

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast