CJ Performer Program
    Hi,

Does anyone know why does it take for CJ so long to approve a CJ Performer application?

I was told it might take 3-4 weeks. This makes no sense. After all CJ Performers make more money for them.

I asked Todd at affiliate summit why does it take so long but he didnít know the answer.

Logically if you can apply to this program it means Cj should treat you a little better. Or is it only my logic?

Any one got experience with this program?
    Israeli Guy

It seems like it took a couple weeks, but I figured that was because it was brand new. I can't think of any reason it would take that long.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

What specific advantages does it provide (thinking about applying)?

The biggest benefit is a dedicated account manager.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Does it mean sales would be tracked better?
    Just curious.

ABW Ambassador
    Does it mean sales would be tracked better?
    If CJ ever admitted to that, they'd have a huge lawsuit on their hands from non-CJ Performer affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    If CJ ever admitted to that, they'd have a huge lawsuit on their hands from non-CJ Performer affiliates.
    Did you mean "YES"?

ABW Ambassador
    Of course not. Do you really think that because an affiliate is a high performer that his links should track and report better than a non-high performer? That would be illegal.

But,why they put us to different groups?
    sidekick group?
    Hero group?

Quote Originally Posted by alvin
    But,why they put us to different groups?
    sidekick group?
    Hero group?
    Not sure what you're saying, but the whole performer vs. non-performer thing was hashed out over a long thread when the program was announced. Most of us just don't have the level of revenue to be considered for a dedicated rep, and that's fine by me. There's no way for them to support all affiliates equally, and it only makes sense to retain the best-performing affiliates. They all had to start out at the bottom too and must have figured out how to work up to performer status without the supposed benefits it offers.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketguyz
    Not sure what you're saying, but the whole performer vs. non-performer thing was hashed out over a long thread when the program was announced. Most of us just don't have the level of revenue to be considered for a dedicated rep, and that's fine by me. There's no way for them to support all affiliates equally, and it only makes sense to retain the best-performing affiliates. They all had to start out at the bottom too and must have figured out how to work up to performer status without the supposed benefits it offers.
    [waits for the "ANYONE AT THAT LEVEL IS CHEATING" replies]

Talking
    Anyone At That Level Is Cheating

There - did that make you happy -

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Money Talks
    BullSh*t Walks..

-----
    As far as "tracking" goes... if you had a dedicated account manager and you didn't have to go through their damned AAQ for every single thing... I suppose you would get better info = better tracking...

In other words if you had something that you thought didn't track.. you would get a much better faster response...

AND they would probably be more likely to give you the benefit of the doubt on just about anything OR look the other way all together = Parasite

If you meet the revenue credentials and performance criteria to be a CJ performer you will receive an account rep that will help you optimize your ad placements, conversion rates and negotiate higher pay rates from merchants.

Not all Performer applications are accepted. Publishers must have a clean track record with CJ which means no flags on your account for things like forced click, trademark bidding or other fraudulent activities outlined in their publisher service agreement

Cheers

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Affiliate_Guy
    If you meet the revenue credentials and performance criteria to be a CJ performer you will receive an account rep that will help you optimize your ad placements, conversion rates and negotiate higher pay rates from merchants.

Not all Performer applications are accepted. Publishers must have a clean track record with CJ which means no flags on your account for things like forced click, trademark bidding or other fraudulent activities outlined in their publisher service agreement

Cheers
    Therefore this applicant runs red flags up on all accounts, making a mockery of the program's attempt to add legitimacy (in the minds of the merchants) to the top CJ performers. We all know only a few of the top 200 are legit and ethical in their cookie setting operations capable of being used as Press Release examples or affiliate summit meeting speakers.

Your attempt at stringing together English Language sentences makes us all assume you either employ Ghost writers for your page promotional content, PPCSE Ads and e-mails, or you use web bot scrapers, feeds and automation tools to overcome language barriers. The elite group of super affiliates at CJ, demanding special attention, insider tips and higher commission rates, all have to appear totally legit to merchants, the compliance committee and the spot light of folks like Ms. B and Ben Edelman. Regardless of the amount of cheap perfume CJ has at it's disposal to cover the smelly pigs at their commission trough ...they have their limits. In 2006 they also are tasked with getting the DNA of their top performers when dragged into the FTC and AG courtrooms or pending State and Federal Anti-Spyware/Adware legislation smell tests.

Hint to the low post count complainers seeking ABW community action to their claimed injustices. Post your URLs and let all here feel the injustice your site is receiving. Any site(s) driving $10,000/month in CJ commissions should be a shining star on CJ's Christmas tree driving up their corporate/network value to merchants, and perceived value in the shoppers eyes. If you don't comprehend the meaning of my tag line, as it applies to your 2006 affiliate practices, your contempt for the shopper and network rules will bite you in the butt.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Therefore this applicant runs red flags up on all accounts, making a mockery of the program's attempt to add legitimacy (in the minds of the merchants) to the top CJ performers. We all know only a few of the top 200 are legit and ethical in their cookie setting operations capable of being used as Press Release examples or affiliate summit meeting speakers.

Your attempt at stringing together English Language sentences makes us all assume you either employ Ghost writers for your page promotional content, PPCSE Ads and e-mails, or you use web bot scrapers, feeds and automation tools to overcome language barriers. The elite group of super affiliates at CJ, demanding special attention, insider tips and higher commission rates, all have to appear totally legit to merchants, the compliance committee and the spot light of folks like Ms. B and Ben Edelman. Regardless of the amount of cheap perfume CJ has at it's disposal to cover the smelly pigs at their commission trough ...they have their limits. In 2006 they also are tasked with getting the DNA of their top performers when dragged into the FTC and AG courtrooms or pending State and Federal Anti-Spyware/Adware legislation smell tests.

Hint to the low post count complainers seeking ABW community action to their claimed injustices. Post your URLs and let all here feel the injustice your site is receiving. Any site(s) driving $10,000/month in CJ commissions should be a shining star on CJ's Christmas tree driving up their corporate/network value to merchants, and perceived value in the shoppers eyes. If you don't comprehend the meaning of my tag line, as it applies to your 2006 affiliate practices, your contempt for the shopper and network rules will bite you in the butt.
    Mike,
    Are you talking to or to affiliate guy?

If you were talking to me:

I donít understand why when ever people hear someone makes 5 figures with CJ they think itís a scam or somebody is cheating.

You donít have to cheat to be paid a lot in this business. You just have to be a good and smart marketer.
    There is "marketing" in "affiliate marketing" you know.

If you know how to market (not just sell) if you know what people are looking for and how they look for it you can make big $$$. No cheating is needed.

You only need to cheat if you donít know all these things.

You really think ill post my sites/landing pages (hint) here just to get your approval?
    Why what will be your added value to me?

ďYour attempt at stringing together English Language sentences makes us all assume you either employ Ghost writers for your page promotional content, PPCSE Ads and e-mails, or you use web bot scrapers, feeds and automation tools to overcome language barriers.Ē

Yes, you right English is not my mother tongue. Yes I do have marketing writers working for me. So?
    Scraping? Not in my school. Never did it never will.
    Yes I know itís hard for you to believe people can have good income in this industry even though they donít cheat or donít speak fluent English or donít what ever that you think you do better than me.
    But:
    I do well
    I know what im doing
    I donít cheat
    I donít scrap
    I donít still other people income

Deal with it!
    Israeli Guy

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread