Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What is the best spyware-remover on the market at the moment?
    I don't mind paying and since it's for my own PC I don't mind if it removes cookies. Any advice would be appreciated.

From what I gather Microsofts AntiSpyware is suposed to be one of the best. I use it with no problems
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

I like microsoft's too. The real time protection scares me everytime someone tries to put crap on my puter. It has saved me about 10 times already.

I also use spybot and adaware with those three there is no need to pay
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Microsofts Anti-Spyware
    Is the only program that could actually remove a Spyware installation that I had...
    I tried all the other free ones first.. then Microsoft's.. it took about five minutes to remove the pesky installation..!!

It Does the Job..

ABW Ambassador
    am using spybot s&d here
    The Best Forums
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

I use Spyware Doctor and am happy with it. As I recall it was PC Magazine's top-rated anti-spyware program in an issue I saw 4-6 months ago.
    A joy shared is a joy doubled.
    A burden shared is a burden lightened.

I've used Spyware Doctor, but think PestPatrol is better... but different programs remove different spywares. S&D and Adaware are certainly goodstarting points!
    Rosey Bear Boutique
    Dressy Children's Fashions With Style!
    5% Commission : NYS Merch : Parasite FREE
       Akoss Hosting
    We also provide reseller accounts for ABW members.
    Ask for details

Thanks for the info, everybody

TRENDMICRO's!

... and I've used them all!!!!!!!!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    TRENDMICRO's!
    ... and I've used them all!!!!!!!!
    Haiko, do you mean their online version of housecall or desktop versions?
    I had tried Housecall a couple of years ago and that time found others to be better. But if it has improved now, then I think I should give them a try
    The Best Forums
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Anyone use NOD32 or know about it? My computer guy swears by it and Peer Guardian (which I hate - turn the damn thing off all the time just so I can get around).
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Continued Success,

Haiko

Asking which program is better is a bit like asking a sports fan which team is better. People have their favourites for a variety of reasons. As for me, I have had endless problems with Microsoft's application (on my own machines and client's PC's), so I'll never recommend it to anyone. For a while now I've used a three-pronged attack using HijackThis, Spybot S&D, and AdAware (in that order, all run in Safe Mode).

Vege...

ABW Ambassador
    thanks Haiko for the link. will check it out

is a bit like asking a sports fan which team is better. People have their favourites for a variety of reasons.
    Vegemite, it's a bit different here in case of spywares for us webmasters more like asking the team members which tool will improve their personal(or team's) efficiency coz the sports fan here would be a non-webmaster type person using the computer
    Yes, people have their favorites but if a spyware stays ahead with regard to updates and the latest detections, then I can gain from others advice
    The Best Forums
    Abestweb Store

I recommend Microsoft Antispyware to my family and friends. It's simple and efficient, free, automatically updates, and I don't think it messes with cookies.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I recommend Microsoft Antispyware to my family and friends. It's simple and efficient, free, automatically updates, and I don't think it messes with cookies.
    It's also already there which is a plus. I use it, too ... along with all the other stuff loaded on this beast. Whatever my computer guy wants to do is fine by me. It would make me crazy trying to stay on top of all the techie stuff. I figure he's the machine's "daddy" and I'm the "mommy" ... he has equal rights and input. It helps to trust who you have kids with.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Just read a Slashdot article about SiteAdvisor. Its not a spyware removal tool but more like a patrolling tool. There is only a preview version yet.

From their site: "SiteAdvisor helps protect you from all kinds of Web-based security threats including spyware, adware, spam, viruses, browser-based attacks, phishing, online fraud and identity theft."

Their blog seems like an interesting read.

-nishith

Edit:

aah.. big mistake to suggest these guys. Looks like they think all affiliates are crooks. In one of the posts on their blog (The Role of Affiliates in Spyware, Adware, and Spam), they say:
    "Affiliates are Web sites that get paid by other Web sites for some “action” like driving users to a site, collecting personal information like e-mail addresses, or getting users to download software with adware/spyware installed."

Ben, you are listed on their Board of Advisors. Guess you might want to educate these guys.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Look I've cleaned more client systems then most here.... again and again. Results are in. Free route ... Install AVG as the update license never expires. Install Spy-Bot and Ad-aware and prey the client remembers to update ( They don't)... so if they have XP or win2000 install Microsoft's Anti-Spyware that always updates.

From an affiliate and Anti-whatever viewpoint then sign up with Sunbelt's suite of first class tools and make 50% on each license sold. It goes beyond the free MS offering especially for the Pc enabled enterprises.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Affiliate Manager
    Does anyone here use spysweeper? I use spysweeper and have had no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGEC
    Does anyone here use spysweeper? I use spysweeper and have had no problems.
    I do, I like it but I need to purchase the product as my demo has ran out. But it is always good to have two spyware programs. Because what one does not pick up the other one will.

I am speaking from experience! I put a couple of virus and spyware programs on my sister's computer. I am still banned from using it!!!
    Jamie
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today! [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php [/URL]
    e. jamie@shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world. - Muhammad Ali

I love that www.siteadvisor.com free tool to check out sleazebag web sites at all the SE's. Alert bar works right in my Google toolbar and others and sure points out the sites that AM's should ban from their programs.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

http://www.cloudmark.com/solutions/?lc=en_US& The Desktop product is waaay better and even stops the page from loading, many should see how thier pages load or don't with this.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Looks like Microsoft is rebranding their "Anti-Spyware" product as Microsoft "Defender".

Anyone using it yet? How's it doing for ya?

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Absolutely correct as all my clients now have MS Anti-Spyware Beta 2 (Defender) and the new Onecare Beta ( some purchased for $20 liscensing 3 systems). No updates No breaches -no virus e-mails -no network cookie crushers and no firewall problems and a brainless important file auto online backup feature.

You won't make money on this one so push SunBelts Counterspy and their other apps for a 50% commish.

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Absolutely correct as all my clients now have MS Anti-Spyware Beta 2 (Defender) and the new Onecare Beta ( some purchased for $20 liscensing 3 systems). No updates No breaches -no virus e-mails -no network cookie crushers and no firewall problems and a brainless important file auto online backup feature.
    My computer guy loves it and, as he says: "It's already there."

He's big on not cluttering up the hard drive.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast