Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Full Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    396
    Looking for guesses RE: traffic
    My landing page site gets 'all' of its traffic from the search engines (about 2:1 Yahoo:Google) but when I total up all of the search engine driven traffic, it totals about 80% of my total traffic - what/ is sending the other 20% my way?

    Charles

  2. #2
    Analytics Dude Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,904
    Are you asking where 20% of your SE traffic comes from or Total Traffic?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

    Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

  3. #3
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2005
    Posts
    560
    depends on which analytic tool you are using. which one you are checking for stats?
    The Best Forums
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

  4. #4
    Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Ithaca & Park City
    Posts
    3,338
    You must have some organic listings or somehow had your description content and URL scraped..

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    53
    As newaff mentioned, a lot can depend on what stats package you're using. If you've got access to your raw log files, dump them into a spreadsheet or something similar and spend an hour or two going through it. They can make for interesting reading at times.

    Vege...

  6. #6
    Full Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    298
    Check your assumptions: "All" your traffic may not come from SEs. You can also get traffic from links, emails, and people typing in the domain name.

    Ray

  7. #7
    2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    St Clair Shores MI.
    Posts
    17,328
    God forbid... an affiliate who gets bookmark traffic.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

    "What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

  8. #8
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,597
    forums that mention your site, other sites that link to your site, directories, people who emailed your site to a friend etc.

  9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Got Religious Gift Traffic or Bible Traffic?
    By Kim Salvino in forum ShareASale - SAS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 20th, 2007, 04:41 PM
  2. Put in your guesses here
    By oranges in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 22nd, 2004, 01:54 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 7th, 2004, 11:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •