Pixel Ad Sites...
    am I missing a big opportunity here? I am seeing a boat load of these pixel ad sites, some good ones, and some that are crudely done.

I was wondering if I should make one myself, I have an my old website that has the word pixel in it, it is a graphic related site, and is already in dmoz.

I have an idea already that is different from the rest, but part of me is saying not to get on that boat, mainly because I hear that "G" is going to soon take an axe to these sites just like it did with link farms....

so what do you guys think?

this or this

Quote Originally Posted by Electropulse
    I have an idea already that is different from the rest
    If you can come up with a unique twist that you think will distinguish yourself, go for it! You can get a pixel ad script for $50 or less and presumably modify it to handle your twist, if you want a jump start on the development.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Join the Pixel Party, over 1200 and counting:

http://www.pixelsitelinks.com/

As Michael said, you need a unique twist for a pixel site to do much these days.

Personally, I think pixel ads have out lived their usefulness. I see them as a banner farm in minature.

One site tried daily "find the winning site" contests which brought a clicking frenzy initially but during that click fest people were not really looking at the sites they clicked on and hurried to get to the next site in search of the winner.

am I missing a big opportunity here? I am seeing a boat load of these pixel ad sites, some good ones, and some that are crudely done.

I was wondering if I should make one myself, I have an my old website that has the word pixel in it, it is a graphic related site, and is already in dmoz.

I have an idea already that is different from the rest, but part of me is saying not to get on that boat, mainly because I hear that "G" is going to soon take an axe to these sites just like it did with link farms....

so what do you guys think?

this or this
    I think you should check this out:
    Don't try to sell pixel's - Here is a Genuine Idea!

Sal.

"am I missing a big opportunity here?"

So some lucky cat made his million with a pixel site.

Hey, I heard some dude named Bill made billions with another idea. Why not launch a new OS? Big money, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    I think you should check this out:
    Don't try to sell pixel's - Here is a Genuine Idea!

Sal.
    buckabyte.com already has that.

buckabyte.com already has that.
    Ok Electropulse,

I just checked that site and:
    If you're thinking "Wait a minute, I thought you weren't selling ads by the pixel"... well, you're right. The pixels are only used as as way to specify ad dimensions. It's the BYTES that determine the cost of the ad!
    They got that idea since 2005-12-07, so while my idea was good, someone else thought about it first.

Time to move on into the next marketing idea.

Sal.

all these pixel sites make me think an internet bubble is coming. When people start throwing silly money towards a silly idea nobody wins.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    all these pixel sites make me think an internet bubble is coming. When people start throwing silly money towards a silly idea nobody wins.
    You better believe it, something new is just around the corner, and if you think that nobody wins, just ask any of those people with the silly brains that came up with those silly ideas like the $1M pixel page, the pet rock, the hula-hoop, etc, etc, etc....

Sal.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    I've been saying it for months now: DotCom Boom 2.0 is HERE NOW!

As soon as that place (forgot who it was) paid something like half a billion for B*zRate, that made it official. The buyout of the Snare for similar money seconded the motion.

Hang on tight, because the ride has begun...

Now I'm just trying to think of something kooky enough to sell to a VC this time around. None of my ideas so far have been crazy and unsustainable enough to qualify...

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    I've been saying it for months now: DotCom Boom 2.0 is HERE NOW!

As soon as that place (forgot who it was) paid something like half a billion for B*zRate, that made it official. The buyout of the Snare for similar money seconded the motion.

Hang on tight, because the ride has begun...

Now I'm just trying to think of something kooky enough to sell to a VC this time around. None of my ideas so far have been crazy and unsustainable enough to qualify...
    Agree with you Leader. Nice to be effective while it's in motion, too. I got in right before the last bomb so it's kinda nice to ride the good coaster this time around. But everyone be careful ... it'll get so blown out of proportion that it'll hav to bomb again ... tred wisely and warily. Stick with solid stuff to avoid being part of the crash. Maybe sell all your tech stocks in the next 3 months, too. ;-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread