ABW Ambassador
    Hi
    I am getting really pissed off with this. I have read on this board that UK publishers are getting direct deposit now. So, I e-mailed CJ support with this e-mail:

Hi
    I have been reading how CJ are starting to offer direct deposit to UK affiliates. A month ago I sent in my bank details (as CJ requested) so that I too could be paid by direct deposit. I want to check whether that will now happen in July. I have gone into my account information but it all seems to have changed and I see no option of changing payment method. Is this because I have been changed to direct deposit already? If not, can you tell me exactly what bank details I need to send you so that I can be paid through direct deposit into my UK bank account.

Many thanks

Andy Williams

Tyhe e-mail I get back today is this:

Response (Sierra) 07/05/2002 02:18 PM
    Dear Andrew,

We have not yet added the direct deposit functionality to our UK Publisher accounts. Currently we are aiming to have this functionality available for U.K. Publishers by Monday, July 22nd, however this is not for certain. We apologize for the delay.

Best Regards,

WHAT IS GOING ON? I have read on this board of a UK publisher getting Direct deposit in June. Was I dreaming?

TODD, PLEASE HELP I THINK I AM GOING MAD. :mad:

uh wierd..

Andy, Which CJ support did you email, UK or USA?

ABW Ambassador
    USA
    Does UK have a separate CJ? Can we not get UK direct deposit from USA CJ?

In order to get direct deposit, you must provide the necessary bank information to CJ. The account tab does not currently allow publishers to enter UK direct deposit information at this time. CJ is adding this functionality and it will be avialable shortly. Some publsihers are getting direct deposit already because they provided this information to CJ via email when we requested it for the beta testing.

ABW Ambassador
    Todd
    When I contacted CJ in May about this, they said, Yes I could have it and could I send my details. I did send them but on checking whether it had been changed at CJ´s end a couple of weeks ago, I was told I could not have Direct Depost. I have supplied my bank details. I did not make enough cleared money for a June payment so I wanted to check whether it was in place for my next payment in July.

Sometimes I feel like I am hitting my head against a brick wall.

Andy,

*Does UK have a separate CJ? Can we not get UK direct deposit from USA CJ?*

I think this is why you're getting confusing messages.

The arrangements for direct deposits for UK affiliates have been handled entirely by the UK office. A few months ago UK affils were sent an email asking them to submit their UK bank details to CJUK if they wanted to take advantage of direct deposit. At the end of last month we finally got our direct deposits. None of those arrangements were handled by the USA office so if you've been sending your bank details and queries to the USA that will explain why you haven't been getting the answers you were expecting. Perhaps the support staff in the USA were not all fully clued up about what was been happening in their UK office.

Also, UK affils have never been able to go online at CJUSA and enter their bank details though it seems from Todd's message they will be able to soon.

Maybe if you contact the CJUK office with your UK bank details you might make it into the July direct deposit run. It might be quicker than waiting for the promised enhancement online at CJUSA. Sorry the CJUK email doesn't easily come to hand but you'll find their contact details at cj.com under UK.

Hope this helps and good luck with making a success of your business and may your wife escape the dreaded job soon.

[ 07-06-2002: Message edited by: tmd5 ]

ABW Ambassador
    tmd5
    Thanks. This is the first bit of common sense I have heard. How I can get a yes from CJ USA one day and then a Not possible the next I dunno.

Anyway, I will contact CJ at the UK site and ask if I can jump the queue. Every cheque I have received from CJ since my first in January has gone astray. Had to have two cancelled at $20 a piece and re-sent. With the amount of those cheques, it was hardly worth it.

Anyway, thanks for the help & the good wishes.

best wishes to all.

I have been assurred that CJ is offering UK direct deposit publicly (set up through the site) sometime around the end of this month. Apparently some people are already on it, but according to Todd these are beta testers.

CJ UK has been pushing for UK direct deposit for a while, and it will be available soon.

I email CJ yesterday just to be sure that it's setup for me too. They replied next day and asked for the info again :eek: :rolleyes: Not all but some part of it..I'd say check it out just in case..mail them..it's free [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Jus to balance the argument, and I know it's no consolation to those trying to get on Direct Deposit, I got on it with no hitches at all.

I first telephoned the CJ UK office when I was waiting for my first every cheque to come through and they suggested I go on DD. They asked me to email my bank details and voila - next payment on DD on time - happy boy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I get the impression that the UK office doesn't have a massive number of staff, but those that are there are very helpful if you approach them in the right frame of mind. Give them a call - it may help.

ABW Ambassador
    Off to UK tomorrow morning for a week. Will phone them from there. My e-mail to CJ UK has not been answered except the auto - 2We have received your e-mail" response.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread