Offline for months, but solid 7-day EPC?
    How can a merchant be offline for several months, yet have a strong 7-day EPC figure posted?

All-Batteries is one example, but there are others.

How do we know which EPC figures are real and which ones are not?

ABW Ambassador
    The boot needs to be applied to all those merchants offline for that long. I was reading the other thread and there are merchants whose sites aren't even online, give them a taste of the boot too. Cut the drag off.

Well it's easy enough to determine that they are offline, and avoid them, but this EPC thing is freaking me out. How do we know if any of the EPC figures for any merchant are correct, if an offline merchant has kickass figures? Laptops for Less' EPC is $0.00, and I know first hand that they convert like a mofo.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    (Speculation)
    Could be that cookied sales are still happening and being calculated into the EPC even though they're no longer commissionable.

For that to happen, the customers'd have to go directly to the merchant, I suppose (due to the SAS links going inactive). And, the merchant would have had to leave their SAS code on their side. But if there're enough cookied customers out there, and the merchant doesn't bother to take their Code off [figuring it doesn't matter now that they're deac'd, so the heck with updating that], there'd still be sales tracking.
    (/speculation)

Even if my speculation is right about the "how," I think SAS should block deactivated merchants from having EPCs, since anyone running those merchants' links will make $0 from them while they're on deactivated status.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    (Speculation)
    Could be that cookied sales are still happening and being calculated into the EPC even though they're no longer commissionable.

For that to happen, the customers'd have to go directly to the merchant, I suppose (due to the SAS links going inactive). And, the merchant would have had to leave their SAS code on their side. But if there're enough cookied customers out there, and the merchant doesn't bother to take their Code off [figuring it doesn't matter now that they're deac'd, so the heck with updating that], there'd still be sales tracking.
    (/speculation)

Even if my speculation is right about the "how," I think SAS should block deactivated merchants from having EPCs, since anyone running those merchants' links will make $0 from them while they're on deactivated status.
    This is my previous post.++++++++++++++++++++++
    Irish Elegance Imports (ShareaSale).........Off line again??? They have products that I need but they are offline about every 2 weeks..........This is getting to be to much. No access to products.....No sales.....Creates pissed off customers..............
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Is this another method of srewing the affiliate out of commisions?? I know that my site gets HITS from customers searching for the products that Irish Elegance sells but I do not get sells.

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer
    This is my previous post.++++++++++++++++++++++
    Irish Elegance Imports (ShareaSale).........Off line again??? They have products that I need but they are offline about every 2 weeks..........This is getting to be to much. No access to products.....No sales.....Creates pissed off customers..............
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Is this another method of srewing the affiliate out of commisions?? I know that my site gets HITS from customers searching for the products that Irish Elegance sells but I do not get sells.
    may be more a case of ignorance on the part of the merchant.

hanky panky?

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread