Advertising Manager wanted!
    Any advice about getting a third party to promote and handle advertising for a niche content site?

Statistics:

Monthly visitors: Low season 200,000 - High Season 350,000.
    Page views per visitor : 7

Current advertising : text ads - no pop ups or banners, via well known source.
    Currently earning CPM < $1 [hence reason for enquiry]

Are we too small? I really don't have the time / contacts to promote myself so have taken the current easy option, but having looked at other sites' rate cards with similar stats to us it seems I maybe missing an opportunity.

Site is 45% USA users. Professional & educated. Niche is classical music.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Think you need to say more in your post above... is the content site already offering affiliate products, are you acting as a merchant, do you run ppc, how many total pages is the site, what has the traffic growth rate looked like over the last year - what else goes on besides the content and current text ads?

My take is that you want to discuss whether an Ad manager should be hired to sell ad space on your site to others on a CPM basis. In my mind, you're too small (with what I know so far) to support a full-time manager - but this is not my area of expertise.

I'd recommend that you PM PhillyBurbs - his posts in this area seem to be the most authoritative to me and he's certainly willing to help ABW members with input.

Michael Coley would be another I'd send a brief PM too in this area.

Good luck!

Thanks, we definitely do not want, or can afford, a full time manager but are looking for an agency or individual who can drive this for us as part of his / her portfolio.

Brief background. The site was established in 1999 and has downloadable content which is paid for as an annual fee. The site is run using mysql so actual number of pages are impossible to say as they are generated according to the user's needs but there are 120 'main title pages' where the content is high level sorted. It then sub divides up to a further 19 or so drill down pages per main title page.

Growth has been constant and December was our biggest record for page views, visitors and sign ups.

We do have an affiliate account for items where we do not have downloadable content so this is a complimentary arrangement.

I will PM the guys above to see if they can help point me in the right direction, thanks Donuts

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Where it says "Full Member" under your name, it should say "Guitar Professor" - perhaps Haiko can adjust your nickname.

Floridians who love Jazz know who you are Gary!

Good luck with the research / decisions / ads!

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    I'd recommend that you PM PhillyBurbs - his posts in this area seem to be the most authoritative to me and he's certainly willing to help ABW members with input.

Michael Coley would be another I'd send a brief PM too in this area.
    In addition to this, Gary, you might want to post it as a vacancy here:

http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=209

I am sure you'll get a good response too.

Best of luck!

Geno

Nice google Donuts but sadly the answer is no I do not run a Jazz band in Florida!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread