ebay.co.uk end of pay per bid????
    I was checking my cj report and I came across this new pending application from ebay.co.uk where the former contract would expire on 23-Jan-2006 and there was a new one I could accept.

In this new contract the payout would be the following:

Program Term: incentive site with elevated Bins

1. Action: Registration
    ActionCriteria A visitor registers to be a user of eBay.co.uk.
    Action Referral Period 30 day(s)
    Action Referral Occurrences 1 time(s)
    Commission £0.00 GBP

2. Action: "Buy it now"
    ActionCriteria A registered user uses the Buy-it-now functionality on eBay.co.uk.
    Commission £0.75 GBP

3. Action: Active Registration
    ActionCriteria A visitor becomes a confirmed, active user of eBay.co.uk within 30 days of registration.
    Commission £7.00 GBP
    Performance Incentive For Number of Actions equal to or greater than 50 increase commission by 28.60%.
    For Number of Actions equal to or greater than 150 increase commission by 57.10%.
    For Number of Actions equal to or greater than 500 increase commission by 71.40%.
    For Number of Actions equal to or greater than 1,000 increase commission by 85.70%.
    For Number of Actions equal to or greater than 2,000 increase commission by 100.00%.

Bids are no longer paid...

my question here is... are we forced to accept this new contract? or is it possible to keep the same contract we've been presented from the beggining?

I was skeptical about this switch when it hit the US. But after several months experience, I have this word of advice.

Jump at the new terms!

I am seeing substantial amounts more revenue from eBay since the switch. I used to get maybe 20-30 bids per day max. I am now seeing days where I make $15-20 from bids alone, never mind ACRUs.

The key to the propsal is that you will be paid for all bids made by a visitor you referred in the past seven days. That's where the bucks come in -- at least for me. When people go to eBay from my site they bid and keep bidding, and they win pretty big items too -- often unrelated to my site's content.

My site is sports-memorabilia related, so that crowd are already big eBayers, which might explain why this was such a good change for me.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Note the line:

"Program Term: incentive site with elevated Bins"

I think you got that because they consider you to be an incentive site and are modifying your terms because of it.

I got a term changes email but I'm pretty sure it only changed for incentive sites.

so my only option to mantain the current contract would be for my website to stop being an incentive site, right? if that's so, I'd probably be better off not giving incentives and keeping the same conditions.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread