(2001) Anti Kazaa campaign!
    After I read Dynamoo's last post HEREabout SCUMWARE, I came to an idea.

Let's all run an "Anti Kazaa" campaign on our websites if nobody else is doing anything about it.

What do you guys/girls think? Let's recruit others to do it also.

Thats a great idea, Alex!

Even better - some other ppl had the same idea few weeks ago. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Quiet777

ABW Ambassador
    I have emailed all of their "big advertisers"

Here is the email I sent each one, (you guys are gonna love this one):

---------------------------------------------

You rotten thieves, how dare you steal traffic from webmasters who can and will destroy you. You will certainly regret the day you chose to use toptext. They will come down on your company like the hounds of hell! Make no mistake about it, we will file class action lawsuits, we will do whatever is needed. You are not allowed to steal from 1000s of hard working individuals. What you are doing is robbery where I come from.
    If you do not cease and desist all advertising on TopText immediately we will have no other choice.

--------------------------------------------

Here are the first 2 responses I have gotten back:

1) from homegain.com (from the ceo!)

Steve,
    Your message reached my desk today. I absolutely understand your anger, and wanted to let you know that HomeGain already regrets the day we heard about Ezula, without fully understanding what "toptext" is all about. If I had it over again, you'd never have to take your valuable time letting us know about it because none of the consequences would have occurred. We cancelled that ad program as soon as we got the first complaint and understood the implications. (Well before you brought it to our attention)

I looked at your website and see that you are using a number of innovative advertsing and monetization features. I commend you on that. Aren't we all trying our best on that front? I'm sure you understand that our motives were no different than yours. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that our selection of ad partners caused for you. If there is anything I can do to help you in your pursuit of ethical business practices on the web, and use legal means to send a message to those who are trying to disrupt that, please let me know as I will join you in your efforts.

Thanks for letting us know.
    John W. Baker
    President and COO
    HomeGain.com, Inc.

2) virtualbank.com

Thank you for your e-mail. eZula's use of VirtualBank's advertisements derives from its participation in an affiliate marketing program administered by a third-party application service provider. VirtualBank has directed the ASP to terminate eZula's right to market VirtualBank's products and services under this program. In addition, VirtualBank is in the process of reviewing all of its marketing relationships in light of concerns raised regarding the use of certain forms of marketing.

Sincerely,

Client Services VirtualBank

I guess it's worth it to contact their advertisers! Let's keep on hounding them!

Here is the page where they are listed!
    http://www.thiefware.com/thief.ads/

Gotta love it!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 09-05-2001: Message edited by: breeze ]

ABW Ambassador
    By the way, How interesting is this part?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If there is anything I can do to help you in your pursuit of ethical business practices on the web, and use legal means to send a message to those who are trying to disrupt that, please let me know as I will join you in your efforts. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lets write something really good and I will zip it back to him!

Who would like to do the writing???

Alright Breeze !!! :cool:

That's very interesting, but I don't think that I should write it. Haiko may be your best choice. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I was horrified to see HotJobs.com on the thiefware list.. well they are *ditched* now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] 21,551 impressions I've given them and not one more!

7. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread