Question Anyone use DotNetNuke?
    I have been considering this portal software and wondered if anyone else has had good success with it. I like it because it is a portal. Thanks.

I'm in early evaluation/development stages of a website where I'll incorporate datafeeds and heavy on content. I like the potential of DNN but do see a number of shortcomings, based on experience with other CMS (i know DNN is not a CMS), ecommerce apps, etc.

I'll probably build the site and launch as beta just to see how managing and expanding is. I'm not a hard-core developer and will have to hire out for a number of features I have planned.

Given it being open source, a health developer community, with a good library of modules to build on, DNN is certainly worth a look. There are few commercial applications out today that can get you up and running in a matter of hours.

Good luck,

I use it for a past year. Excellent platform to make brouchure sites. Have at least 5 sites using that platform. Looks like it's search engine friendly.
    However, still can't find a nice photo album plug in ( saw many different, all full of bugs) and still can't get the mail forms to work properly. I am forced to use frames and use standard HTML instead of what's given in a program. Ovearall, I would recomend it.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread