in August, I have surpassed last month's unique visitor count (410) to my ghost site by 10, and have guesstimated that I will roughly get a total of 517 unique visitors for this month [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

So far this month...

Unique : 420
    Total : 442
    Page views : 1881

July...

Unique : 410
    Total : 465
    Page views : 1882

If this keeps going up, I'll be a very happy chappy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Well dony fishy... did i send you any traffic yet?

I hope my text links sent you a little??

Your banner gets no clicks on my site just now, would it be better if your banner was only on the paranormal category and no other... i'll maybe look into that?

@ WebSearchEngines.net

You've sent me 5 visitors so far this month (2 from your search.cgi) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Of course, I also get visitors from other sites and search engines

Google (48.81%)
    Yahoo (38.10%)
    Netscape (7.14%)
    Looksmart (4.76%)
    MSN (1.19%)
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

By the look of my stats, I've sent you 13 people this month.

Things can only get better (fingers crossed) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Good for you Fish. Keep on working.

@ WSE
    I have one request from you WSE. If the space and bandwith on your host allows you to, please put my banner on YOUR site because my log analyzer counts ALL of those impressions of my banner on your site as visitors to my site. Also, please change the URL of my link to http://www.answershopping.com.mk/?wse

If you can't host the banner then just change the URL of the text link and the banner.

Thanks so much.

ABW Ambassador
    Alex
    May I ask what program you use to analyze your Logs?
    Thanks
    Cazzie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Keep working at it. Time is all it takes along with alot of work. My site started in Feb and my grand total of uniques was 195. But as of today I average about 500 per day and between 12000 to 15000 per month. I still havent got to the point where the revenue exceeds the time I have put into it though. I am still learning everyday [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

@ Fishy

I put your banner on my front page (non rotating) see if that helps over the rest of the month... hey, have you submitted to all the other scottish directories, etc. out there?

@ Alex, okay dokey, I'll set that up for ye no probs, thanks for that return link btw !!

I'll probably put your banner on more targetted page like the shopping link pages at some point... that would be better for you i'm sure... I'll do anything for a return link so I will [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: WebSearchEngines.net ]

@ WebSearchEngines.net

If I remember correctly (which isn't often), you have 3 links on my site, 1 of which is in my main navigation bar/page and the other 2 are search boxes on my links page [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

@ Freetweak

My site only started on May 24th and the total stats are...

Total : 1,138
    Unique : 993
    Pages views : 4,609

Which is kind of OK for a ghostie site I suppose.

I have another 8 or so pages to add before September 1st, so I'll be busy for a few days [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

If anyone is interested (probably not though [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) here is the site in question...
    Scottish ghosts and phantoms

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

@ Cazzie
    I use Web Trends Log Analyzer. http://www.webtrends.com [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

@ WSE
    Hey Dude, thanks for everything. It's better now.
    I haven't submitted to Scottish directories. If they accept sites with an extension ".mk" then I will, give me the URLs.

congrats [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: Quiet777 ]

@ Alex, the scottish directories bit was aimed at ghosty guy, i don't think they'd accept non-scottish sites... i wouldn't [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] hey we'll do some more linking up over time i hope [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

@ Fish ghosty, is your site related to the borders at all, cause I've got a new directory for that area?? Plus i've reserved my banners at top of scottish pages for 3 top referrers that have banners, i wanna send you some traffic boyo, lemme know if this helps??

[ 08-29-2001: Message edited by: WebSearchEngines.net ]

[ 08-29-2001: Message edited by: WebSearchEngines.net ]

@ WebSearchEngines.net

I have 2 stories that pertain to the Borders (woohoo... more links [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

1) Tibbie Sheils Inn, Peebles - in Hotels and Public houses (The woman in the story was from the Borders).

2) Sanquhar Kirkyard - in Religious Haunts.

As of right now (and previously) if you opened these pages outside of the frameset, they would detect it and would load the site from the index page and you would have to hunt for the page you had just seen. This is done mainly for search engines that list a page other than the index.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Fish ghosty <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahahaha.....

[ 08-29-2001: Message edited by: the fish ]

okay sonny fish, i've private messaged you the address of the add link page for that... addem both okay dokey.

Only one little, tiny, small problem at the minute... If I submit the seperate pages 'as is', they will reload the full site and whoever wants to view them will have to hunt them down...

Need to make 2 more frames pages just for them... ~sigh~

[ 08-30-2001: Message edited by: the fish ]

Pages are now ready to be submitted, BUT you don't have a good category for me to put them in, so put them where you feel they should go [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-30-2001: Message edited by: the fish ]

Tis done, a paranormal catagory just for you (ignore the confirmation email saying your in towns and villages, it's lying...)
    http://www.scotfind.com/regional/bor...ty/Paranormal/

Hey... you have stories for other regions too??

Yes I do, but that will mean having to double my page count to accomodate a seperate link for each page.

I'll maybe wait until I have a 'no frames' option. Even that's going to be hard work.

August has come and gone for another year and I have my full stats for the month [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Unique : 531
    Total : 560
    Page views : 2,499

Top 5 countries

USA (220)
    UK (127)
    France (48)
    Canada (32)
    Germany (8) - Has Quiet777 visited all 8 times? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Looks like my guesstimation of 517 was a bit low :eek: but more IS better [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

have i sent you any hits yet :confused:

@ WebSearchEngines.net

You sent me 5 people in August. Better than none [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread