Cj.com Automatic Link generation
    HI,

Is there anyway to generate Cj.com merchant links without login to the Cj.com affiliation account?

For all merchants, Cj.com provides some constant string and product url concatenated with it. Can it be considered valid affiliated link?

Please let me know your suggestions.

No, there is no way. There is a different AID for each link for each merchant. At the very least you'd need one AID for each merchant in order for tracking to work.
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

Even if there is one AID for each merchant than I am fine with it. But if there's different ID for each link than I can't do it.

Does the generated link have a particular format ? If yes, do you know what it is ?

Link formats vary somewhat between merchants.

Merchants whao have the "advanced linking" - "link url" - or whatever it is, can be manipulated fairly easily.

There's a bit in the link url which has the page url in it, just change that and you make links much quicker. The CJ and merchant ID, affiliate ID stay the same in such cases.

You need to experiment and probably send links to the AM - if they are any good - to ask them if it tracks.

If the advertiser allows redirects for a link you can use that link to create links to different products/pages from the advertiser's site without going through cj. At least that used to work.

I am not a fan of cj and am in the process of pulling all of my cj links before closing the account.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Try using the datafeed for product links.

For the regular links, you could make one master spreadsheet file or database table (to compile it you'd probably be stuck logging in once, but once you've got the data you're set, unless the merchant expires their links) and then pull from that...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    HI,

Is there anyway to generate Cj.com merchant links without login to the Cj.com affiliation account?

For all merchants, Cj.com provides some constant string and product url concatenated with it. Can it be considered valid affiliated link?

Please let me know your suggestions.
    Hi kelly,

While I also believe that there is no link like that, freely available for us regular affiliates to use, I think that I may understand your question a bit more.

I also have wondered about those links when I get I get an email from any one of my CJ merchants that when they say click here (on the link on the email banners) to get the new code, and I wind up on a page on CJ where I can get the new link or banner code, without even login into my CJ account.

I really like that feature because it's a faster way to update our CJ merchants links without going to login first, but I have never asked that question.

I'm glad you ask and who know's, maybe Tood is willing to share more info on that question.

Sal.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Try using the datafeed for product links.

For the regular links, you could make one master spreadsheet file or database table (to compile it you'd probably be stuck logging in once, but once you've got the data you're set, unless the merchant expires their links) and then pull from that...
    CJ charges $200 for their product datafeed

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread