Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Does anybody know what is going on with ebay? My leads for May 11 went from extended to reversed yesterday, then back to extended today. Wondering why this happened. Of course, I never got an email from CJ about this. As I keep saying, a quick little email or posting at CJ to let us know what is going on sure would make things better for us. Is that really asking that much of CJ?

Im not real keen about ebays practices either...

I thought they only had 30 days to take action, but check out this email:

(i inquired about a may 6th transaction)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Hello,

The reason that your lead is still extended is because it occured on the 6th of May. All of these transactions have been extended for one month and on the 20th we will run a script to either reverse or lock these transactions. If you have any questions about this please let us know.

eBay Publisher Support

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Looks like ebay is allowed to ride the float for a practically indefinite amount of time, sorta...

This means Ill be waiting a LONG time to ever get paid!!! So, a lead for may 6th will get paid in my pocket in JULY??? Thats more than NET 60!

ebay has the technology, why are they allowed to do this?? unless im missing something here...

im really starting to pick up on ebay leads (and i could do much more), but i dont think i should have to wait this long for the uncertain....

didnt it occur to them that if they were better, more people would promote them more?

ABW Ambassador
    Well, knucklehead, they could pay sooner if they shortened the amount of time they give for people to actually make a bid. Of course, that would mean more reversals.

Me? I'd rather wait.

quote:
    Originally posted by Cedric:
    Well, knucklehead, they could pay sooner if they shortened the amount of time they give for people to actually make a bid. Of course, that would mean more reversals.

Me? I'd rather wait.

no it is still only 30 days....

for example, the may 6th extend should be credited/or reversed on june 6th, not june 20th....

Cedric & Knucklehead,

Did either of you notice if any your May ebay leads got reversed and then put back to extended for any of last month?

I've sent an email to CJ asking about this, but have not heard back from them.

quote:
    Originally posted by 7-days:
    Cedric & Knucklehead,

Did either of you notice if any your May ebay leads got reversed and then put back to extended for any of last month?

I've sent an email to CJ asking about this, but have not heard back from them.

how would i know it is the same lead??
    where do i check??

knucklehead,

I just went into reports and looked at all of May. One day the ebay onese were all extended, then all the ones on May 11 were reversed the next day, then the next day they were all back to extended. I'm just wondering if anyone else saw this happen?

And here again,
    Why struggle with eBay, try DealSpin.
    Just above eBay (EPC in the auction category).

I'd love feedback from savvy affiliates...

thanks,

Peles

quote:
    Originally posted by peles - DealSpin:
    And here again,
    Why struggle with eBay, try DealSpin.
    Just above eBay (EPC in the auction category).

I'd love feedback from savvy affiliates...

thanks,

Peles

sorry [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] im sure 9 out of 10 users will agree, im not savvy... :eek:

DealSpin,

Okay, sell me on your company. What makes you different from ebay when it comes to me getting paid. How are bids extended and reversed? How long can I anticipate before I get paid?

I just did a quick comparison of you and ebay and see you have a low 5.8% charge back rate, where ebay has a whopping 21.6%. My finger is getting closer to the Join Now button at CJ, but I just need a little more encouragement before I click that mouse button. Tell me more.

ABW Ambassador
    Not on affiliate level - but on a happy customer level - dealspin is terrible.

You spin to see if you can get a lower price (watch at things sell at higher than you can get them at tiger direct). If you try and get a bargain and don't win your spin? You are still charged a participation fee. Check out the fine print for the membership signup.

No way would I send my mom to that site, so no way I would send one of my site visitors to that site.

Chet

Chez Noir,

Hmmmm, most interesting.

Thanks for the insight.

ABW Ambassador
    knucklehead -- it is to your advantage for ebay to run the script on the 20th as opposed to the 6th -- more time for users to bid.

As to dealspin, I advertise products on ebay, not the service and dealspin simply can't compete with ebay's breadth and depth of product availability.

Not to mention I think the service is confusing to newbies and they would end up paying fees they didn't count on. I'm NOT saying dealspin is unscrupulous, but it is confusing.

7-days -- I didn't check my ebay stats during the time you mentioned, so I don't know what happened with them.

Well, evidently I'm the only one that noticed this or it only happened to me. I know I saw those red reversed bars in my CJ stats, because it was the very first time I ever got a reversal and I was looking carefully to see what they were. Then the next day they were gone.

I guess CJ and ebay don't know what they were about as neither one has answered my support questions yet.

quote:
    knucklehead -- it is to your advantage for ebay to run the script on the 20th as opposed to the 6th -- more time for users to bid.

Hmmm, are you sure about that?? I was under the impression that it had to be in the FIRST 30 days, without any consideration as to when the script was run...
    Another thing also and no one has brought this up, lets say with this May 6th sign up, that they placed a bid on may 7th, wouldnt this be caught in the MAY 20th script?? why can they just auto-extend everything??

are we supposed to think that none of these people bid within that time??
    does anyone know what im saying here>

now, for what you were saying, are you sure about that??? i mean, if that were the case, that it is considered all the way until the script, that would be acceptable, but im not sure thats the case here!

Well, I heard back from ebay today about my leads that went from extended to reversed to extended (glad to know it was not my imagination). I guess my question now is, are the time frames they listed below longer than what they announced a few weeks ago?

quote:
    We realized an error in our reporting for lead transactions from May 9th-May 12th. We un-reversed leads that had been inaccurately reversed and moved them to ''extended''. On June 25th we will run a batch query to determine which registrations from May 1st-15th became active. Any registrations that did not become active within 30 days of their registration will be reversed out of your account. All other transactions will stay extended until July 10th when all May registration transactions will be locked and paid.
    Please let us know if you have any other questions.
    Thanks,
    The eBay Affiliate Team

ABW Ambassador
    um, knucklehead... after reviewing your questions... I have no idea.

quote:
    Originally posted by 7-days:
    On June 25th we will run a batch query to determine which registrations from May 1st-15th became active. Any registrations that did not become active within 30 days of their registration will be reversed out of your account. All other transactions will stay extended until July 10th when all May registration transactions will be locked and paid.
    Thanks,
    The eBay Affiliate Team

All I can say is that I hope this information is incorrect. Now is is JUNE 25th?? instead of the 20th??? They have plenty of time to do all this, if other merchants can do it in a timely manner, they can as well.

I BELIEVE EBAY IS CLEARLY TAKING ADVANTAGE HERE AND I FOR ONE DONT LIKE IT. They sucker you in on a 5 buck lead and then make you wait THIS long??

And then this:
    All other transactions will stay extended until July 10th when all May registration transactions will be locked and paid.
    :::
    MAY REGISTRATIONS??????? In JULY????

Am i missing something here?? Besides a check....

Am i the only one seeing this??

I would ask someone at CJ why exactly do they let EBAY get by with this, but im afraid i already know the answer. When does CJ get paid from ebay??

im hoping the above email was incorrect and/or im not jumping to conclusions here

quote:
    Originally posted by knucklehead:

All I can say is that I hope this information is incorrect. Now is is JUNE 25th?? instead of the 20th??? They have plenty of time to do all this, if other merchants can do it in a timely manner, they can as well.

I BELIEVE EBAY IS CLEARLY TAKING ADVANTAGE HERE AND I FOR ONE DONT LIKE IT. They sucker you in on a 5 buck lead and then make you wait THIS long??

And then this:
    All other transactions will stay extended until July 10th when all May registration transactions will be locked and paid.
    :::
    MAY REGISTRATIONS??????? In JULY????

Am i missing something here?? Besides a check....

Am i the only one seeing this??

I would ask someone at CJ why exactly do they let EBAY get by with this, but im afraid i already know the answer. When does CJ get paid from ebay??

im hoping the above email was incorrect and/or im not jumping to conclusions here

but you will definitely notice that the 30 days they give our visitors to bid certainly hasnt increased to a longer amount of time.

i have a site that is devoted entirely to car auctions, and im about THIS close to GIVING away my advertising to their next competitor. at least i wont feel taken advantage of!

Knucklehead,

Thanks for your response. I could not find the information from ebay regarding dates, but I though sure the info they sent me in the email had the dates longer than what they had said.

Let's just hope something else does not happen and they start working on our May data in August.

I just sent this to ebay because they are either gonna move it or lose it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hello,

We hope you can clear up some confusion for us.

We need exact clarification regarding the $5.00 ebay leads.

We are finding on several message boards where ebay staff is saying that extends are going to extend EVEN FURTHER.

It is our understanding that you are already extending these leads for 30 days. 30 days means 30 days. For example, a May 1st transaction should be dealt with on or before June 1st.

Another thing, as far as the 30 days that our visitor has to place a bid (or we dont get paid) if Im not mistaken, arent you using these people in the meanwhile?? I mean, as far as emailing them offers and things of that nature?

What happens to a nonpaid visitor at the end of the 30 days?? Do you get rid of them??

The only thing that your CJ merchant info says regarding this is:

$5.00 per Active Registration
    *A registration is active when the user places a bid on eBay within 30 days of their initial registration. Registrations that do not become active within 30 days will be reversed.

So, does this mean if someone registeres and then places an item for SALE (and paying fees to ebay) that we are not credited???

This is quite confusing, because in one place it says active user, then it says only those who place a bid.

Then you say within 30 days, but you have extended leads much longer than that, so why isnt our lead time extended as well?? (as in, if you take 50 days on extend, then our visitor has up until that time to become active)?

I havent found one place, either on CJ or onthe ebay affiliate page where it discusses this issue.

I hope to hear from you soon regarding this, as we just started using ebay on our auto auction site which is ranked in the top 5 in google and yahoo for various auto auction terms.

Thanks
    Lauren

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    ebay - ptewwwww
    ubid - great program. no extensions, no reversals, they convert.

I suggested that eBay at least pay us a nominal amount for the leads that didn't buy or sell within 30 days, but they just blew it off. And why not, when there are so many affiliates giving them FREE leads?

Try Ubid, and maybe someday eBay will have to improve their program up to Ubids level.

ABW Ambassador
    I just checked ubid for my top ebay converters... no matching product... I promote ebay when my regular merchants are oos on a hot-seller, ebay never disappoints with breadth and depth of merchandise.

Until I can find another auction site that has the goods, the actual goods, payment structure doesn't matter -- ebay gets my promotions.

quote:

Until I can find another auction site that has the goods, the actual goods, payment structure doesn't matter -- ebay gets my promotions.

thats the problem and boy do they know it. the one merchant at cj that can afford to properly compensate affiliates, leaves us a bit short.

so my dilemma???
    well, either let my site run with strictly ebay and hope to make out (and wait up to 60 days or more to see if i get paid)

or just drop the site entirely...

pity

Knucklehead,

When you get a response from ebay, please share it with us. I'd be real anxious to hear how they explain this one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast