Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    New merchant, where should I send them?
    I'm working with a merchant that currently does not have an affiliate program. They are very interested in starting one. I'm wondering... should I encourage them to start their own independant program or join an established program?

I'm thinking they probably need an established program at least until they learn more details of how to run an affiliate program on their own.

Is there a good program they could buy that would set it up for them? If there is, maybe they should go independant?

What and/or who would you recommend and why? Their rep. is going to contact me very soon and I want to give them good advice.

If you don't feel comfortable posting your recommendation, feel free to email or contact me any way available to you.

Thanks,
    [color=blue]"Those who give up their freedom for a little security deserve neither freedom nor security" - Benjamin Franklin[/color]

I probably should ad that this merchant is well established. They have a good B&M store and online retail website. I contacted them because I think they would be the perfect merchant to promote on one of my sites.

When I told them what I want to do they got interested. (Heck, who wouldn't get interested in having sites send buyers to them? LOL)

I don't know anything about setting up an affiliate program. They are interested and I would like to hook them up with a good system or program.

I have several PM's from people. I would like to hear recommendations from affiliates. Is there any program that would entice you to be an affiliate or is there a program that would prevent you from becoming an affiliate with them?

Help me people. I don't want to stear them wrong.
    [color=blue]"Those who give up their freedom for a little security deserve neither freedom nor security" - Benjamin Franklin[/color]

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lectrickitty
    I don't know anything about setting up an affiliate program. They are interested and I would like to hook them up with a good system or program.

Help me people. I don't want to stear them wrong.
    Lectrickitty,

Send the merchant to AMC II in Miami: http://www.andyrodriguez.com/Affilia...-Miami-05.html
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

You accepting new programs? I thought you were chock full?

Eh, I could be wrong... I retain about 3% of what I read...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    Hi LectricKitty,

I have a few questions of clarification before I can provide you with any feedback.

When you state 'should I encourage them to start their own independant program or join an established program?' - do you mean, should they launch an inhouse program using an off the shelf (or build their own) technology or join a network that already has the technology and a database of affiliates already in place?

As Andy stated, his program is a good start for merchants who are new to the industry (and even for those of us who have been around for a while!).

Feel free to contact me, I'm happy to help :-)

Cheers,
    Susan Arts
    Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Moxy Media

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    You accepting new programs? I thought you were chock full?

Eh, I could be wrong... I retain about 3% of what I read...
    We are accepting limited programs, based on intial interviews with the merchants and potential ROI. My reply was for the Affiliate Manager Seminar though, not fo rus to manage the program. We know nothing about who the merchant is but we know they will benefit from attending our seminar.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

True.... So not only do I only retain 3% of what I read, I apparently only read some of what's in front of me...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Susan_ShareResults
    When you state 'should I encourage them to start their own independant program or join an established program?' - do you mean, should they launch an inhouse program using an off the shelf (or build their own) technology or join a network that already has the technology and a database of affiliates already in place?
    Yes that's part of what I'm wondering, in-house or network.

When I talk with them I want to have as much information as possible. They have 1 unique product that I need on one of my sites so I don't want to say the wrong thing and nix the idea before they get started... LOL
    Last edited by Lectrickitty; January 17th, 2006 at 09:48 PM.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread