Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thumbs down CJ hate Canadians
    I applied to the CJ performer program about 3 weeks a go.

I checked my status today just to see that I was declined.

They didnít even bother to send me an email explaining.
    My earning are way over the minimum payment they require.

I sent them an email asking why was I declined.
    The answer was: Because you live in Canada.
    How stupid was I to think that it doesnít really matter where do you live when you are an affiliate marketer. Stupid me.

Well thank you CJ for letting me know (after I asked).
    I had 4 projects planned for CJ programs. Dropped them all. No more CJ for me.

Now ill be checking other networks who appreciate top earning affiliates.

Are there any other Canadians out there that had the same experience?
    Israeli Guy

I'm with CJ been with them for a good few years with no problems.

Maybe CJ are now looking for more affiliates that use BHO's or cookie stuffer that openly flaunt the fact they don't give two sh*ts about Networks COC's and POS's.
    I also think it is a good thing in the eyes of CJ if you have no compunctions about stealing from fellow affiliates.

I may be wrong on this but some recent posts here on ABW have strengthened my opinions about this.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon
    I'm with CJ been with them for a good few years with no problems.

Maybe CJ are now looking for more affiliates that use BHO's or cookie stuffer that openly flaunt the fact they don't give two sh*ts about Networks COC's and POS's.
    I also think it is a good thing in the eyes of CJ if you have no compunctions about stealing from fellow affiliates.

I may be wrong on this but some recent posts here on ABW have strengthened my opinions about this.
    Maybee they couldnt find cookie stuffers in Canada so they descided they dont want them in that program.

Ill just have to offer my honest ways to other networks...after the summit i have enough of networks who offered me a dedicated rep'.
    Israeli Guy

It's not because you're Canadian, it's because you've got 3 eyes.

Paul. What do mean 3eyes?

Well if you lived in Australia, they would have said "No, because you live in Australia."

CJ no "hate Canadians". Lately they have been paying Canadians a day earlier than they pay everybody else. I think CJ love Canadians.

I don't think that you had been rejected for being a canadian resident.
    You must pass through screening for network quality , violations of their Ts&Cs and even fraudlent activity.
    Reasonably talking ; as you're earning these large sums , you present big value for cj
    so there's no point that they refuse you for Just being canadian.they must have good reason for that.
    maybe CJ is not a perfect network,but nothing is perfect,it's one of the best affiliate networks in the world,and I don't like the language of attacking CJ for no reason.
    everything has its pros and cons.

Well, I am a proud Canuck and I have always felt very "loved and wanted" by CJ - it's been a 7 year relationship and although there's been a few rough spots, those were shared with everybody regardless of home ground.

Quote Originally Posted by 8millions
    I don't think that you had been rejected for being a canadian resident.
    You must pass through screening for network quality , violations of their Ts&Cs and even fraudlent activity.
    Reasonably talking ; as you're earning these large sums , you present big value for cj
    so there's no point that they refuse you for Just being canadian.they must have good reason for that.
    maybe CJ is not a perfect network,but nothing is perfect,it's one of the best affiliate networks in the world,and I don't like the language of attacking CJ for no reason.
    everything has its pros and cons.
    8millions,
    I think you should read my post again...and again...and again.
    Itís not a meter of what you think or what I think, its what they specifically said that was the reason. They donít accept people outside the US (still canít understand how people that work on the internet think like that).

And by the way my record with CJ (as with any other network) is white clean.
    Even if i had a dirty record dont you think they would have mentioned it?

I do make nice money with them. But that is not because of their network, it's because of my merchants and because of me.
    Israeli Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    Well if you lived in Australia, they would have said "No, because you live in Australia."

CJ no "hate Canadians". Lately they have been paying Canadians a day earlier than they pay everybody else. I think CJ love Canadians.
    Yes i know they dont hate Canadians.
    I think its just my mind trained to create headlines that will make people read.
    I cant control it.
    Israeli Guy

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I think the rep just didn't know what s/he was talking about, giving you that excuse. Not too uncommon, unfortunately...

Since the docs don't say anything about a residence requirement, it may be worthwhile to ask someone else at CJ rather than just taking the first rep's word for it. It MAY have been an accurate response--but it's not one I'd just accept without getting verification from at least another rep. Sometimes if people ask 3 reps something, they end up with 3 different answers
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by felix8
    Maybee they couldnt find cookie stuffers in Canada so they descided they dont want them in that program.

Ill just have to offer my honest ways to other networks...after the summit i have enough of networks who offered me a dedicated rep'.

Susan Arts
    Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Moxy Media

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    hehe
    Paul, That was pretty funny..

Oh,it's really sad to hear that,you can sue them for this email.
    And tell everybody about this.

Felix,

no offense here, but something doesn't smell right. The last I knew there was no Canadian limitation.

This must be a miscommunication and based on the numbers that you gave for previous Zappos performance, I would ask for this to be elevated to someone with a bit more information.

If your pulling the numbers that you mentioned, reporting hourly (ok maybe sporadically throughout the day) is important to you, so don't hurt your business due to the one email a number of people here find suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbshouse
    Felix,

no offense here, but something doesn't smell right. The last I knew there was no Canadian limitation.

This must be a miscommunication and based on the numbers that you gave for previous Zappos performance, I would ask for this to be elevated to someone with a bit more information.

If your pulling the numbers that you mentioned, reporting hourly (ok maybe sporadically throughout the day) is important to you, so don't hurt your business due to the one email a number of people here find suspect.
    No actually they do have a line saying the program is open just for US residents. They Just were able to "hide it well" above the terms.

I guess it make sense since i herd the dedicated rep' comes every morning and brings you breakfest to bed. So anywhere out side the US will be to far for them to travel. I also was hoping they will take my dog out twice a day (ill do it the third time).

But i am not leaving CJ. As i said im not with CJ because of CJ, im there because i have good merchants that make me (and for CJ) very good money.
    I will also try to convince them to open programs with other networks as well.

The only thing is that from now on i wont be promoting any new programs with CJ. Today CJ is just about 50% of my income. My goal from today is to make them just 5% of it.

I know it sounds not that important but when the income is getting bigger and the buisness grows dedicated rep' is very important. He can save tons of time, and time in our buisness can be very expensive.

Shareresaults is actually my next stop. I met them at the summit and was very impressed by Susan and Serafina. I know ill have someone to talk to there (thanks for quick reply today Susan )
    Israeli Guy

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    Anytime Felix, anytime!

Susan Arts
    Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Moxy Media

Felix,

I just reread the requirements and it does not say that you have to be a US publisher, but I like your breakfast in bed idea!

It does say that you need to be at the performance level for a min of 3 months. Have you been at the performance level for 3 months or more?

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    A publisher must have at least one CJ Marketplace account and have been paid at least $10,000 in commissions per month for the last three months to be eligible for CJ Performer(TM).

I think you may have some other networks around here knocking at your door!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

The quote is straight from the help page after searching for "performer", however, there is nothing like this in the Performer terms as of this morning, and I saw only one other mentioning of restrictions that excluded European Union publishers.

"CJ Performer

CJ Performer identifies and promotes top tier publishers meeting substantial minimum financial performance and quality requirements. As a member of CJ Performer, Commission Junction provides you with additional support and services to help grow your business, as well as sets you apart as a top tier publisher. If you do not meet the requirements of the program, it is an incentive to focus on growing your business to reach the status of a CJ Performer. Advertisers view your top tier, or CJ Performer, status when reviewing your application to their program. CJ Performer is for publishers serviced by the U.S. Client Services teams. Learn more about CJ Performer from www.cj.com/solutions."

I don't see what the big deal is... they decided that's how they'd like to run the program and that's their prerogative (albeit, they could have made it more clear). That doesn't mean you can't ask for a dedicated rep anyway. If you're not much above the threshhold for performer I doubt they'll do anything, since the biggies out there are probably earning the $10k/mo. many times over.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketguyz
    The quote is straight from the help page after searching for "performer", however, there is nothing like this in the Performer terms as of this morning, and I saw only one other mentioning of restrictions that excluded European Union publishers.

"CJ Performer

CJ Performer identifies and promotes top tier publishers meeting substantial minimum financial performance and quality requirements. As a member of CJ Performer, Commission Junction provides you with additional support and services to help grow your business, as well as sets you apart as a top tier publisher. If you do not meet the requirements of the program, it is an incentive to focus on growing your business to reach the status of a CJ Performer. Advertisers view your top tier, or CJ Performer, status when reviewing your application to their program. CJ Performer is for publishers serviced by the U.S. Client Services teams. Learn more about CJ Performer from www.cj.com/solutions."

I don't see what the big deal is... they decided that's how they'd like to run the program and that's their prerogative (albeit, they could have made it more clear). That doesn't mean you can't ask for a dedicated rep anyway. If you're not much above the threshhold for performer I doubt they'll do anything, since the biggies out there are probably earning the $10k/mo. many times over.
    As i said it's no that big of a deal anyway. I just wont be working with new CJ programs from now on. I am happy the industry is growing and we dont have just CJ and Linkshare anymore.

I just never saw this claw as they really were able to hide it well.
    Even though i cant understand why the money i bring to CJ or their merchants is less green than the US based affiliates bringing im accepting this hidden term. So ill keep making my own breakfes and taking my dog out.
    Ill jjust take my non US based knowladge elsewhere from now on.To some other networks that undersand that affiliate marketing is a global buisness.

All my earnings by the way are coming from US surfers. You see i dont mind taking their money
    Israeli Guy

CJ PERFORMER
    This solution is currently available for US-based clients only.

I stand corrected....isn't that stupid.

I feel stupid for missing that in the second line of the performer page.

Todd...tell us it isn't so

This solution is currently available for US-based clients only.
    Maybe it's because in order to communicate with too many CJ performers outside of the US, it would cost a lot of extra money on long-distance telephone calls.

That certainly is a stupid requirement. Hopefully they'll either reconsider that requirement or at least explain why it's a requirement.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I dont think they will explain it to us (not honestly at list).
    I think this all program is not for affiliaes.
    I think they made this whole program as a gimik to attract merchants.

They dont care about the affiliates we all know that by now.
    It's more a gimik telling mrchants hat they have super affiliates in their basket.
    They dont need more than 200 of these performers and they dont want the hard work involved with that (dealing with affiliates). They they just want new merchants that will pay them more money to be part of their network.

There is no other reason i can think of that acompany will say we preffer the money the US based affiliates bring and not the Canadian (or any other country). Doesnt make any buisness sense.

Unless as i said they just wanted it as a gimik and they could care less about what the affiliates need.
    Israeli Guy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast