Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Question Sharasale - Payments? Quality of Program?
    Hi,

Should I sign up for Sharasale? I am considering it.
    I concentrate on: entertainment, health & beauty (cosmetics), fashion, clothes, shoes (emphasis on things that appeal to Women mainly) and home decorating -- lifestyle.

I am already a member of CJ, Linkshare, Performics (I wrote a rant in another sub-forum), ClickXchange (waste of time, too bad they have my SSN) and Clixgalore (another waste of time).

I don't want to regret signing up for an affiliate program.
    I prefer the ability to create individual product creatives on my site and I'd like what's generally considered to be good conversions, quality, etc...

I went to their affiliate agreement site but I can not figure out how they pay affiliates. Take a look at:
    http://www.shareasale.com/agreement.cfm
    You receive the Commission from shareasale.com. Payments are made automatically on the twentieth (20th) day of each month when Your account balance reaches $50 or more for the previous months' transactions.
    Do they pay by check?
    I live in the United States.
    I want to be paid by check. I do not wish to disclose my bank account (direct deposit) number to any merchant until I make make steady thousands each month (I've made $$ but not steady in the thousands).

I hate PayPal. I refuse to get involved with Paypal.

So are other publishers happy with Shareasale? Do they have a wide variety of merchants to affiliate with? How's the quality of the program?
    Do they pay by check?

I personally think that $50 is a hefty threshold. I think CJ's $25 is more reasonable.
    Linkshare is great -- they'll send you any amount of money right away

~Rhia7

FROM the ADMIN and not a paid advert ... SaS is true, no doubt, if the threshold is bad email SAS, but they are more than real ... over five years in business and they have my full support - if they don't pay you on a (any) real transactions (as verified by them), I will.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; January 18th, 2006 at 01:33 AM. Reason: clarification of the not paid ( meaning - not a paid advert)
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    FROM the ADMIN and not paid ... SaS is true, no doubt, if the threshold is bad email SAS, but they are more than real ... over five years in business and they have my full support - if they don't pay you on a (any) real transactions (as verified by them), I will.
    Thanks for the response...I'm still wondering how they handle their payments: by check?

I've noticed some affiliate programs that want to pay only by PayPal (no other choices) -- I would avoid any company that solely wishes to pay with PayPal.

~Rhia7

Wire Transfer, Paypal or check, your choice.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    Rhia7, there are a million second tier networks popping up. You can ignore most of them, but you would be making a mistake to ignore SAS. No network is without issues, but watch how brian answers the issues, straightforward, doesn't talk down to affiliates, owns up to issues.

Chet

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Rhia, don't even hesitate. You'll love SAS!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Tax Paying Member
    I vote for SAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Hi,

I hate PayPal. I refuse to get involved with Paypal.

~Rhia7
    Is there something that I need to know??
    I deal with PayPal frequently and have not experienced any problems. What do I need to look out for?

In my opinion CJ has more product selection but SAS has a better attitude toward affiliates. I remember CJ having a $50.00 threshold also. Have they changed it?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    SAS rocks!!!!

They pay right on time.

Shareasale kicks out cheating merchants or affiliates quickly and without ceremony. Certain other networks glorify those kinds of affiliates by putting photographs of them up on their home page with cute quotations about how great that network is.

Brian once offered to pay me out of his own pocket for a few commissions that a merchant had surreptitiously diverted. When I have problems with tracking failures at other networks, I get lynched in public.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Thanks everyone for the kind words on our network, we very much appreciate it. One note on PayPal, we are no longer paying out via that method however we do offer Checks and Direct Deposit in the following: US, Canada, UK, Australia, variety of Euro-based European Union countries...

Payments are consolidated which means that if you provide your banking details it is only seen by us for the purpose of sending you payments, merchants on the network do not see this information...

Thanks again all!
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

SAS is very honest and very reliable. They sure have helped keep our bills paid over several years.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I agree with the others. I don't have to worry about parasites taking my sells. I am even thinking seriously of getting rid of my merchants that are on the other networks, except for a few that I know are against parasites, because I am spending more time deleting merchants that suddenly are appearing on ebates than working on my site content.

I have nothing but praise for SAS.

Lightbulb
    if they show on eBates you may want to ask the merchant directly about their involvement. in fairness, some have left that program but are still listed.

SAS made me believe again. ( that affiliate marketing could work) I started out ignoring SAS because I didn't see the merchants I thought I wanted. Instead I wasted a year and a half of my life with most of the ones mentioned in this thread. Then, when I understood about parasites and merchants who support them and networks who feed and are fed by them - I started using SAS.

Suddenly I could log into the network on a daily basis and see the balance go up! Imagine my surprise when one day my balance dropped to half of what it had been the day before. Imagine my surprise when I realized that payments had been made - no fanfare, no *****ing about being late, no lost checks, no reverification, no nothing - just my commissions due, deposited into my account! Wow! New experience!

I learned my lesson. Go with SAS. Honesty wins.

I have been doing this affiliate "stuff" for a while (since '99). ShareASale is one of the more responsive networks. A WHOLE lot better than C/J in that regard.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Yes they pay by cheques (excuse the Canuck spelling). I get mine in $US mailed to me here in Canada. They make it through all the snow no problem.

ShareASale has many affiliate management features that are appreciated by merchants and affiliates. They were one of the first to work with me to review their network platform.

Cheers,
    Peter
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

Merchant perspective
    From all of my research, it apears SAS is the very best program to start and stay with. The signup fees are much more manageable as compared to Linkshare or CJ.

Go with SAS.

I really like ShareASale too, and they have some really great merchants in the categories you mentioned. I would agree that, if you are trying to opt for a single network to belong to, this one would be the one to go for.

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    SAS made me believe again. ( that affiliate marketing could work) I started out ignoring SAS because I didn't see the merchants I thought I wanted. Instead I wasted a year and a half of my life with most of the ones mentioned in this thread. Then, when I understood about parasites and merchants who support them and networks who feed and are fed by them - I started using SAS.

Suddenly I could log into the network on a daily basis and see the balance go up! Imagine my surprise when one day my balance dropped to half of what it had been the day before. Imagine my surprise when I realized that payments had been made - no fanfare, no *****ing about being late, no lost checks, no reverification, no nothing - just my commissions due, deposited into my account! Wow! New experience!

I learned my lesson. Go with SAS. Honesty wins.
    That's Affiliate Marketing from the good old days.
    ShareASale is the only network to keep the same values that started Affiliate Marketing and made it successful. Bravo Brian!
    I'm reading your post and nostalgia is overwhelming me. (I see you're from Rockford, ILLINOIS) I worked with Sundstrand in Rockford as a NASA flight engineer at the beginning of my career. It was a small town at that time. Good memories.

Hi Zeus:

I'm reading your post and nostalgia is overwhelming me. (I see you're from Rockford, ILLINOIS) I worked with Sundstrand in Rockford as a NASA flight engineer at the beginning of my career. It was a small town at that time. Good memories.
    It's still a very small town - there's just a lot of people living here. We have a new progressive mayor (big stride forward), but Sundstrand just recently announced they were moving >100 jobs overseas. Most of the original factories here are gone or have new names.

Back to the SAS discussion. The best part about my merchant relationships at SAS is this - when I check stats i know whether the day's success or failure was my own success or failure. I don't have to wonder how much (if any) was stolen from me. My clicks and conversions mean something and are therefore valuable instead of just conjecture.

I've been very happy with SAS. Every network has their little glitches now and then, but frankly, I can't remember any with SAS. Remarkable track record...highly recommended.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Of course, the voting isn't over yet, but SaS lead is already more than impressive. Cf: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=68766

Don't think twice in this case, Rhia7.

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer
    Is there something that I need to know??
    I deal with PayPal frequently and have not experienced any problems. What do I need to look out for?

In my opinion CJ has more product selection but SAS has a better attitude toward affiliates. I remember CJ having a $50.00 threshold also. Have they changed it?
    In regard to PayPal there has been lots of legal problems.
    PayPal has a Money Transmitter license but has engaged in unauthorized banking activities.
    Paypal is not FDIC insured.
    PayPal has been the subject of fraud and has been investigated for money laundering. PayPal at times has frozen people's accounts so that money the "Paypal account holder" thought was liquid wasn't.
    If you use PayPal (which I don't) my advice is not to let your money idle or accumulate in your account (Paypal doesn't pay interest anyway) and keep the bare minimum in Paypal to keep it open.

Some people love Paypal, if you are one of them, hooray for you

I still am with CJ. I have a "love/don't love" relationship with them.

I just signed on with SAS and it's too early to play favorites. One motivation to sign up with SAS was one company I used in CJ migrated to SAS.

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno - RussianLegacy
    Of course, the voting isn't over yet, but SaS lead is already more than impressive. Cf: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=68766

Don't think twice in this case, Rhia7.

Geno
    Well, I couldn't vote, remember? That's a privilege I have to look forward to

I signed up for SAS and I signed up for the Russian Legacy Program, it looks like a very good program

(Paypal doesn't pay interest anyway)
    If you elect to convert your account to a money market, they're paying 4.3% as of today. Of course, I don't think that'll sway you to put your retirement there or anything Just an FYI.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast